Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
FlamingInfinity
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Renting in Calgary

Hey CP,

I'm back in Calgary after about 5 years in Vancouver. I'm just wondering what the best sites are to look up listings. I've checked up on Kijiji, Craigslist and Rentfaster. I'm just looking for something for myself, whether its a bachelor or 1 bedroom arrangement. Around $700.

Its been about 10 years since I've lived in the city, so I don't know what places are good, what places are necessarily bad (besides Forest Lawn, and supposedly Bowness).

Advice? Thoughts?
Giordano: He plays for the oilers, enough said.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingInfinity View Post
Hey CP,

I'm back in Calgary after about 5 years in Vancouver. I'm just wondering what the best sites are to look up listings. I've checked up on Kijiji, Craigslist and Rentfaster. I'm just looking for something for myself, whether its a bachelor or 1 bedroom arrangement. Around $700.

Its been about 10 years since I've lived in the city, so I don't know what places are good, what places are necessarily bad (besides Forest Lawn, and supposedly Bowness).

Advice? Thoughts?
I just started renting in McKenzie town. It's great for ammenities and pubs and the like. Although, it seems to be a little pleasantvillish sometimes. When you come home at hours that aren't in line with the large 9-5 work crowd that lives here, they go into community watch mode.

A couple times when I've come home after midnight, I've seen lights at multiple houses flick on, as people get up to see what's on. On one hand, the assurance that they'd do that if there were burglers in the area is reassuring, on the other hand, it feels kind of creepy, like everyone's always got their eye on eachother.

...and the streets are all too small for two cars to comfortably pass eachother, so you continuelly run into awkward situations while leaving your neighborhood. I'm already dreading what the winter's going to be like on these streets.

Last edited by jayswin; 08-05-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #3
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I found RentFaster and HomeRent to be the best.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

When I post my homes for rent I use rent faster and Kijiji with most interest coming from Kijiji
Old 08-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
FlamingInfinity
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Found a place last night. Thanks for the advice guys.
Giordano: He plays for the oilers, enough said.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
AmandaT
Draft Pick

Where did you end up renting? I've been thinking about coming back to Calgary too. I've lived in cities and in suburbs and prefer to live in cities because of all the shops and restaurants and activities.

Tags
decent arrangements , freefromcanuckland , ghetto , renting , student prices