Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-08-2022, 03:51 AM   #21
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

How long will it take for men to get blamed when women dont buy tickets?
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 11:24 AM   #22
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Maybe instead of being a d!ck we show a little support and cheer the ambition of starting a pro league from scratch.

They are going to be marketing to more than just women and girls - they'll need families, students, boys, people who can't afford MLS/CPL games, etc. to buy-in and get some tickets.

They'll need exposure and eyes to see the quality of play.

All leagues start somewhere and instead of using your crystal ball for doom and gloom, use to to help bring an upstart league, showcasing a very popular sport, to the masses.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to craigwd For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2022, 11:39 AM   #23
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Hopefully they pick a good site to play the games and create a similar atmosphere to the Cavalry. I’ll take my daughters to a couple of games for sure.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 12:00 PM   #24
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if teams will try and work something out to create gameday doubleheaders

Could be a lot of fun going down to Spruce Meadows to watch the women and then Cavalry (or vice versa) play. The ties between Cavalry and Foothills would make it plausible and it would make a lot of sense for the Whitecaps
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2022, 12:24 PM   #25
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Hopefully they pick a good site to play the games and create a similar atmosphere to the Cavalry. I’ll take my daughters to a couple of games for sure.
IMO the game day atmosphere will be critical to the success of this league, just like it is with any men's league. This is professional soccer, if you don't put up a quality game day experience people won't go.

I remember going to the 2019 UWS Finals at MRU. There was no one checking tickets, no bathrooms, no food, no beer, nothing. Just a few hundred people in the small number of bleachers available and a few hundred people wandering aimlessly around the field. That's not going to draw people in, so Foothills will need to either work something out with Spruce Meadows, or put some money into an existing stadium elsewhere in the city.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 02:20 PM   #26
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
IMO the game day atmosphere will be critical to the success of this league, just like it is with any men's league. This is professional soccer, if you don't put up a quality game day experience people won't go.

I remember going to the 2019 UWS Finals at MRU. There was no one checking tickets, no bathrooms, no food, no beer, nothing. Just a few hundred people in the small number of bleachers available and a few hundred people wandering aimlessly around the field. That's not going to draw people in, so Foothills will need to either work something out with Spruce Meadows, or put some money into an existing stadium elsewhere in the city.
I do wonder if Broadview may work. It has a new roof top patio and I am sure you can get more stands in. Parking and the noise will be an issue for the surrounding homes thou.

Outside of Spruce Meadows is there even another facility they can use?

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 12:40 AM   #27
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why not mount Royal's field?
Old 04-26-2023, 07:29 AM   #28
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

New club announced this morning in Toronto.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1651211658667122691

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote