Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
XxBIGDOGxX1817
Farm Team Player

Exp:
Default Waste Management Open / Superbowl - Phoenix

Heading to Phoenix this year. Plan is to go to the Waste Management Open and perhaps the Super Bowl depending on ticket prices and the teams playing.

Anybody been down for the Waste Management before? Looking for some tips as far as when to go, what hole to be on, what parties to partake in?

Planning on doing some actuals golfing as well any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, we're staying just north of the "Paradise Valley" area.
XxBIGDOGxX1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am going for the same trip and will be at the Waste Management as well. I think it's thirty bucks a ticket there, and the main VIP is sold out already. I can't wait. I was hoping the Chiefs would somehow up off a Cinderella run and be there, but regardless it should be great!

I won't be at the actual game, so I am in the same boat as far as looking for events and parties at that point.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #3
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles

Exp:

Never been down to the Waste Management tournament but I know about Waste Management the company.

Had buddy who worked for them. One year Christmas fell on a Saturday and New Years Day was on Saturday too. Since Saturday was his normal day off, as far as the company was concerned he was SOL. Everyone else I knew, was given the Monday after Christmas off... and lots got the Tuesday off too. What a miserly company.

Anyways... back on topic. I envy you two. I would love to be heading down to Phoenix. Winter, when its this cold, can't end soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

As to going to the Superbowl... at a minimum of $1870 per ticket, its way out of my price range.
http://www.ticketcity.com/glendale-t....html#expanded

Last edited by Rerun; 01-04-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:42 PM   #4
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Post Yule season I desperately find myself in need of some waist management....anyways, isn't that the tourney where it is just nuts at a par 3 - 16th hole maybe?

Suppose it would be fun to go to a Super Bowl, if the price is right......
Old 01-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

People always tell you to go to hole 16 because of the yelling and shouting but the line ups are insane, especially for the bigger names. It'seems also easier to get a seat on the sides, not so much by the tee box or green. Get there well in advance of the player you want to see and wait it out.

Also, don't spend all day there, there is so much else to see.

I liked sitting on the hill next to the tee box on 18.

The entire course is crowded, even during the first two rounds. Cameras aren't allowed so leave them.

On the front nine it is generally easier to get up close to the players. I liked to park myself on a tee box and wait for Mickelson to come to me, the watch him for a bit. As a local hero he has the buggest, loudest crowds.

Lots of Canadians there to cheer for guys like Deleat and Weir and they are good to hang around with.
craigwd is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craigwd For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #6
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

There are some Phoenix threads in the travel file:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=129727

Scottsdale is the place for dining and night life.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2015, 06:42 PM   #7
XxBIGDOGxX1817
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Would it be worth it to goto the Waste Management Open on multiple days? I'm thinking for sure the Saturday and potentially Thursday... Thoughts?
XxBIGDOGxX1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #8
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

If you like golf then absolutely! Spend one day on 16th. You have to get there really early but it's worth it for the party atmosphere and experience. The second day you can pick an early group and follow them for a few holes and actually watch them golf. Then you can either stay with them or wait until another group you want to watch comes through and walk with them.
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MacDaddy77 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #9
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Also you should go party at the birds nest one of the nights
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:14 PM   #10
home_sweet_dome
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm doing the same trip with a bunch of buddies. We're going to the golf tourney and birds nest on Saturday, should be a long day of partying.

Doubt we're gonna go the Super Bowl but will catch the game at one of the happening spots down there and hopefully check out some SB related parties on the Friday night.

Should be one hella awesome (and pricey) weekend.
home_sweet_dome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football , golf , phoenix , superbowl , waste management open