Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2021, 08:53 AM   #101
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
If they dont have it on paramount, you can get it on one of the amazon prime subscription extras, I think it may be stack tv I see the ads for that one all the time and I'm pretty sure global is on it, but if not that, its definitely another one prime has, think they are around 5$ a month
Looks like stacked is 12.99 a month Canadian on top of the Prime membership. Definitely a cheaper option than a full cable package. I think I will wait till the season is near completion and then pay for a few months to watch all the episodes.

Great suggestion, thanks for the help all.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:19 AM   #102
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a fan of these tribals when there is obviously another whole set of discussions that happened, but we didn't see any of it.

Neat twist on the idol advantage, except that it's too punishing. Losing your vote, and basically everyone knowing the moment you get immunity feels a bit much.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2021, 09:20 AM   #103
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, its impossible but powerful if all three idols are found.

I can't stand players like Tiffany or whatever her name is. She completely delusional. Then she's crying about how she has to be protected. That tells me as a player two things. She's going to be worthless in any challenge, and by the time the tribes merge you're pretty much screwed because you didn't make a move. And that she's literally going to throw her alliance under the bus.

I just laughed when she was saying, I stopped for like a minute or two because my shorts were riding up on me.

You'd think that if you were going for surviver and you were a fan of the game, you'd maybe work on your cardio and strength a little bit. Learn to build a fire without a flint, and learn to grow food with you own poop as fertilizer (or is that a trip to mars?)

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 04:58 PM   #104
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that was interesting. The yellow team is just...not even fun to watch while they are losing. I can't believe that they chose Tiff or anyone else, though I can see some benefit to getting Voce out over Xander. They know that Xander's unlikely to be able to vote for the foreseeable future, so he's a non-entity on the team.

I am not sure where I stand on the shared Immunity Idol. I like the idea, but that can really screw over someone (like Xander) as it sure seems like the other two teams aren't even trying to find Idols, which is kinda odd, five days in.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 08:20 PM   #105
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Well, that was interesting. The yellow team is just...not even fun to watch while they are losing. I can't believe that they chose Tiff or anyone else, though I can see some benefit to getting Voce out over Xander. They know that Xander's unlikely to be able to vote for the foreseeable future, so he's a non-entity on the team.

I am not sure where I stand on the shared Immunity Idol. I like the idea, but that can really screw over someone (like Xander) as it sure seems like the other two teams aren't even trying to find Idols, which is kinda odd, five days in.

the yellow team is completely inept, and they're going to be bounced quickly whenever the merge happens.

I have to say, that I'm really not that impressed with this current cast. Usually you can pin on someone who plays a strong strategy game, someone who's a physical beat, and someone who is a great social climber.

I haven't picked those people out yet.

Old 10-03-2021, 12:16 PM   #106
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So instead of stemming the bleeding they don’t vote out tiff and basically ensure none of them have a chance to win. Terrible game play.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2021, 09:57 PM   #107
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tiffany is so useless. I'm glad Xander was able to win immunity and save himself.

The Howard Stern look-a-like overplayed his hand. It's one thing to show one of your advantages to an ally to gain trust, but to show both? That was a bad move.

JD did everything he needed to do to stay in the game after getting caught they way he did.

Having to recite those phrases to activate the 3-way idol in front of everyone is so cringey.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:42 PM   #108
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well that sucks...haha, but Brad was more of a Survivor fan than he was a player.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2021, 12:49 PM   #109
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

With 2 advantages and not much of a strategic brain, this was the likely outcome. J.D. isn't smart enough to be dangerous, and is now loyal, so keeping him was the right move. Genie looked piiiiised after tribal.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:32 PM   #110
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm trying to decide how much I enjoy the 3-way idol. To me this is too much of a risk with 3 separate tribes and I assume that you will see a change in it for next season. Going forward I don't think that losing your vote, especially early in the game, is worth the risk considering how prolonged it can be. If it was just the 2 tribes then it makes more sense
Old 10-08-2021, 12:17 AM   #111
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yeah the 3-way idol is way too much of a handcuff and makes people far too vulnerable IMO. I cant say I really have gravitated to any of the participants yet, but I know I want Tiffany ejected ASAP.
greyshep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #112
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So with the 3-way idol, whats the scoop now that Brad is out, and he can't say his activation phrase at the next challenge? Would they be all null now, or could the blue team just say their phrase and it activates the 2 of them? Is the other guy (Xander I think is his name) just completely screwed with no vote?
jroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:29 AM   #113
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m guessing the same 3-way idol clue will be thrown back into the Ua tribe camp and needs to be found by someone else. That, or they give Brad the option to pass it to someone else of his choosing (probably Genie)
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:05 PM   #114
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm assuming that it's the same as an idol in the pocket when someone leaves. Just tossed back into the game hidden somewhere on the beach.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:53 PM   #115
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was able to catch up tonight.

It was kinda nice to see yellow do SOMTHING, but man...is Tiff ever useless.

While I am liking the risk/reward aspect of advantages/idols, I too am wondering if the 3 way is a bit too much. I could see it being a two way next season with the third idol non-functional if found third. That would incentive people to actually find the thing. Not sure where I am on the 'lose your vote' thing...I have to wonder if the producers thought that all three idols would be found in the first couple days instead of one still not found a week into the game.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 01:14 PM   #116
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Not quite James Clement bad, but definitely got blind sided.

So far I've found this season to be pretty meh.. the increased pace has been entertaining, but I haven't seen a stand out player yet. It is early though..
Old 10-13-2021, 06:24 PM   #117
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m finding this so boring! Doesn’t hold my interest at all and I don’t care about any of these people!
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2021, 08:04 PM   #118
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its weird, because I just find this to be a really unlikeable or boring cast of players. There's no plucky underdog that you cheer for, or that evil genius that silently takes over the game. Or the arrogant person throwing things like immunity idol clues into the fire.

Its a more challenging season for sure, but I don't feel like the players are really elevating that game.

I also want to really add on, if I enter into playing surviver, I'm hitting the gym and learning how to make fire and maybe learning how to live on very little food, I mean there's a chance you're playing for a million bucks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2021, 09:12 AM   #119
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

JD is an idiot
Old 10-14-2021, 09:25 AM   #120
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Was pretty awesome to see Luvu try to throw the challenge only for Naseer to say screw that.
ajr4013 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajr4013 For This Useful Post: