Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2021, 07:34 AM   #561
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Not saying you yourself think that was alien but all these assumed alien UFO's with lights kind of bother me, if somehow aliens are smart enough to figure out how to travel billions of miles would they be stupid enough to leave the lights on? or why would they need lights at all?
They're probably wondering the same thing.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #562
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Pilot records baffling UFO ‘fleet’ over pacific

Quote:
A video shared on social media apparently shows a US military pilot tracking a “fleet” of UFOs above the South China Sea.

The video was filmed on 24 November and, according to American Military News, was uploaded to a UFO tracking website on 4 December.

The pilot can be heard saying, “I don’t know what that is,” and adds: “That is some weird s***”. The video ends with the alleged UFOs vanishing from thin air, to which the pilot says “gone”.

He was reportedly flying at an altitude of 39,000 feet above the South China Sea, not far from Hong Kong, when he witnessed the lights.
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/pilot-reco...143851483.html

https://twitter.com/user/status/1468340361697402886
Old 12-10-2021, 03:22 PM   #563
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

'gone' is a stretch - they descended into the clouds

3 sets of lights, moving in formation... what are we looking for here?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:27 PM   #564
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The fact there are 3 sets like that makes me think it is only one light, refracted in 2 directions to make it look like many lights. As one blinks out, a new one appears on the other side. I think this can be explained away with optics, thoguh I'm not an expert on those.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2021, 04:05 PM   #565
Knut

Exp:

It has been debunked as Decoy Flares from airplanes.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 09:14 PM   #566
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Looks like the stigma is starting to fade, at least on the government side of things.

Set to make history on UFOs, Congress revives the '1 percent' doctrine

Congress is days away from enacting historic legislation on UFOs. As first detailed by researcher Douglas Dean Johnson, a must-pass defense bill will force the U.S. government to mount a sweeping effort to investigate unidentified aerial phenomena.

Among a litany of groundbreaking requirements, Congress is set to mandate the establishment of rapid UFO response teams, initiate a scientific study of objects that “exceed the known state of the art in science or technology” and require investigations of health-related effects associated with UFO encounters. Perhaps most importantly, following seven decades of Cold War-induced secrecy, denial and obfuscation, the 2022 National Defense Authorization Act will mandate unprecedented government transparency on UFOs.

Robust bipartisan support for the bill’s expansive provisions amounts to a stark rebuke of years of official ineptitude and inaction on UFOs. Moreover, congressional assertiveness is reviving the “one percent” doctrine, which holds that if there is even a slight chance that a particular threat is real, the government must act as if it is a certainty.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #567
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like a play for more funding for the military.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2021, 02:33 AM   #568
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
NASA does the same thing. They use a lot of creative writing.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:08 AM   #569
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Look! Alien lights again

Baffling as in the pilot doesn't recognize repetitious light refection from his own cockpit window.

Carry on, this stuff is a hoot.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:31 AM   #570
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly. This entire set of actions from the government looks exactly like a plan to generate approval for a massive new budgeting requirement. One that needs to be able to operate in an unquestioned capacity.

"Look at these amazing grainy infra-red pictures of this saucer thing that an actual military pilot saw!"

"Why don't you have any normal, high-def photographs?"

"We do, but we can't show you those. Trust us. So we need this new budgetary approval. Thanks."
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2021, 08:46 AM   #571
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
It was about 30 years ago, outside my house in Beddington Heights in the middle of the afternoon. This silver cylinder thing came down from Nose Hill (which was just west to us). It moved very quickly and very evenly. Made no sound. It came down across the neighborhood. I was playing basketball on the driveway (just myself, no one else) so I hopped on my bike to try and keep up with it, but it was moving far too fast and it got away from me. Didn't have a camera to get a pic but I remember it as clear as day.
Jiri, I believe we were a year apart at Beddington Heights Elementary, I'm a year younger if I recall.

Anyway, around the same time period, about 32-33 years ago, we were out playing kick the can on my buddies cul-de-sac. I was taking a leak in the yard I was hiding in. (I can't believe the stuff we were able to do, go through back yards, climb fences from yard to yard and rarely did anyone say anything to us. Can't imagine that happening now, but I digress). It was dark and mid-stream I looked up and this thing with lights, more round than cylinder, hovered over me for 5-10 seconds and then sped away, in an almost eerie silence. I was frozen with my junk still in my hand, in complete shock. I told my friends right away and despite not seeing it themselves, they could see how shaken I was and believed me. I have never experienced anything like that since.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:07 AM   #572
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
There's outright political plays for more pentagon money and then there are not.

I think the spirit of the legislation is coming from a good place, that is, there is a public interest in gaining more understanding on observed phenomena and a desire for transparency. Elected officials in congress seem to be attempting what they are supposed to.

The previously secret pentagon UFO program "AATIP" was allotted $22,000,000 over 5 years from 2007 to 2012. Total pentagon budget for those 5 years: $4,169,000,000,000 give or take a few billion. That means AATIP soaked up 0.00053% of the pentagons budget to investigate these things that seem to operate intelligently with impunity near sensitive military stuff with some allegedly astounding flight characteristics. You'd think people in charge of national security would put more resources into figuring this stuff out but the fact that they don't seems off. Obama recently referenced these saying there are things in the sky that we don't know what they are.

Maybe its known tech and these programs are a smoke screen.

Maybe its not known by anyone in the pentagon what these things are and they just superficially investigate because they wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyways and don't want to admit their own powerlessness.

I think taking an attitude of "Move along, nothing to see here" really isn't in our best interests. If AATIP didn't get its funding then we wouldn't be having this friendly chat either! Hopefully this new program will have some interesting findings that we can discuss as well.

Last edited by karl262; 12-14-2021 at 10:10 AM.
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 01:38 PM   #573
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Baffling as in the pilot doesn't recognize repetitious light refection from his own cockpit window.
Can't be that. The person shooting the video zooms in to the lights. If this were a reflection from the window the zooming in would have gone past the hyperfocal distance of the window, blurring out any window reflection.

Another thing that is strange, is there is no luminescence from the object as they "disappear" into the cloud. A light source disappearing into clouds generates a glow, which is missing completely as the objects disappear from the video, meaning they did not get lost in the cloud. The flare story also does not hold water as magnesium or phosphorus flares generate a very visible smoke trail. Not sure what is in that video, but the explanations to date do not stand up to scrutiny.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2021, 02:02 PM   #574
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

My feeling is that these things are hiding in plain sight and deceive our sensory limitations. When we do see them, they're obscured, hard to see, and generally difficult to explain. They effectively come in and out of our visible reality and we happen to catch them from time to time.

I think a good analogy is a dog whistle. We can't hear it due to limitations from our own human physiology, but we know it exists at an ultrasonic frequency out of our auditory range (about 20 Hz to 20 KHz). Some animals can pick it up.

More directly, many sightings are only seen on FLIR or sensor data. You need special equipment to see/record. UAPx, which is a non-governmental, NPO research team in the US, announced they have captured about 3TB of footage that captures UAP evidence, and could possibly be able to release the data in 2022.

More here:

https://pronewsreport.com/2021/12/10...ap-phenomenon/
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2021, 11:31 PM   #575
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

^thats creepy. Makes me worried the aliens are watching me whack it when I think I’m all alone.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2021, 06:58 AM   #576
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not saying you yourself think that was alien but all these assumed alien UFO's with lights kind of bother me, if somehow aliens are smart enough to figure out how to travel billions of miles would they be stupid enough to leave the lights on? or why would they need lights at all?
Maybe they aren't lights, but instead a signature left behind by their propulsion system? We drive vehicles that have an exhaust emission that can't be seen, except when environmental conditions are such that it makes the invisible gas, visible. If these devices rely on electromagnetism or plasma fields to act as their propulsion system, that the residual effect would be a radiation field that under certain conditions becomes visible in the spectrum where our eyes can detect that radiation.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 07:07 AM   #577
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, sorry for the totally garbage picture, but my phone camera sucks, and horrible pictures are on brand for this thread anyway. I turned my indoor tree lights on this morning, and to my surprise saw exactly what we were looking at. It's much crisper in person, but you can see 3-4 lights at an angle, and moving about, it looks exactly like that video. If you have a Christmas tree by a window, go try it yourself. The odds these are what I thought they are is high.
Spoiler!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 10:00 AM   #578
Envitro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post
There's outright political plays for more pentagon money and then there are not.

I think the spirit of the legislation is coming from a good place, that is, there is a public interest in gaining more understanding on observed phenomena and a desire for transparency. Elected officials in congress seem to be attempting what they are supposed to.

The previously secret pentagon UFO program "AATIP" was allotted $22,000,000 over 5 years from 2007 to 2012. Total pentagon budget for those 5 years: $4,169,000,000,000 give or take a few billion. That means AATIP soaked up 0.00053% of the pentagons budget to investigate these things that seem to operate intelligently with impunity near sensitive military stuff with some allegedly astounding flight characteristics. You'd think people in charge of national security would put more resources into figuring this stuff out but the fact that they don't seems off. Obama recently referenced these saying there are things in the sky that we don't know what they are.

Maybe its known tech and these programs are a smoke screen.

Maybe its not known by anyone in the pentagon what these things are and they just superficially investigate because they wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyways and don't want to admit their own powerlessness.

I think taking an attitude of "Move along, nothing to see here" really isn't in our best interests. If AATIP didn't get its funding then we wouldn't be having this friendly chat either! Hopefully this new program will have some interesting findings that we can discuss as well.
It's pretty much this, it always is when it comes to governments.
If they can do something about it, they usually do if it's politically expedient. If they can't, they try to bury the problem if possible.

Nobody wants to stick their neck out and admit it.
Envitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 10:18 AM   #579
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I think the impetus to put structure and funding to this from the NDAA is the rapidly increasing development and use of drones, hypersonic missiles, and stealth craft by world powers. If we can't easily identify what they are, then trying to figure what they are is pivotal because without doing so just muddies the intelligence waters. The US has already determined these things are violating restricted airspace, so it would be logical for them to get a better handle on what these things may be - whether foreign adversary or something else.

There are "Five Observables" of UAP behavior (as defined by former Pentagon official Lue Elizondo):

- Anti-gravity lift
- Instantaneous acceleration
- Hypersonic velocities (with no signatures, like sonic booms or contrails)
- Low observability/cloaking
- Transmedium travel (can move between water, air, and space)

A bit more on these from a Washington Post article earlier this year with Elizondo:

UFOs & National Security with Luis Elizondo, Former Director, Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program

Former AATIP Director Luis Elizondo explains the observables associated with UAPs, and says current observation technology has record them underwater. “There’s five distinct observables that set this technology as I mentioned earlier aside from everything we have in our inventory. The first is hyper sonic velocity, the ability to change directions instantly… the third observable is a bit like ‘cloaking,’ we call it low observability, but the forth observable is… trans-medium travel… the ability for an object to not only fly in our atmosphere–low and high altitudes¬–but also potentially in a vacuum environment like space and even underwater… We’ve seen these things, they’ve been recorded not only in our atmosphere, but there’s data to suggest that they’ve also been tracked by some of our capabilities underwater as well.”

I mean, it's not illogical to want to gain some scientific insight into what pilots are observing on a now almost regular basis.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:32 AM   #580
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There was an interesting video within the last few years that got some attention, don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet.

Some drone video operators were generating stock footage and later saw something during review.

Here's the raw footage, object appears around 1:48:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQs...hp5K5kzut/view

Could be an insect or something of course, there are plenty of those types of videos, but some of analysis estimates this being similar to what Fravor talks about (the Nimitz Tic tac thing) and moving at around Mach 13 without any atmospheric effects we would expect. To me the way it smoothly comes around the mountain ridge into view and levels off after turning makes me think its not an insect or seed pod zipping past the lens.

Pro UFO Short analysis:
https://youtu.be/sszECCzhDTs

Pro UFO Deep dive:
https://youtu.be/4IvY41SQMZ8

Opposing analysis to anything UFO/UAP related:
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/commen...m_source=share
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote