Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2023, 06:24 PM   #181
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
I added some mods on PC and I can't even load starfield anymore, lol. Re-installed and still no luck.. the best recommendation out there is to re-install windows :/
That doesn't sound right. What mods were you using and were they from Nexusmods? Modding is still in it's infancy right now for Starfield until the creation kit is released for it. With that said I do have the script extender set up and about 15 mods in my game right now, mostly UI stuff but I have added some textures such as landscape overhauls.

I don't know what your knowledge is regarding modding, but always read the mods description for proper installation instructions and the mods requirements. When doing a clean vanilla state when uninstalling your game and you add mods manually, always check your games folders for leftover mods as those will always remain. Only other tip I can give is to use a mod manager (in my case I use Mod Organizer 2, you can find beta versions for Starfield on their discord) or Vortex is also widely used from Nexusmods. Manually adding mods to your games folders is typically not recommended, especially for Bethesda games.

Last edited by BlAcKNoVa; 10-03-2023 at 06:28 PM.
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 08:24 AM   #182
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlAcKNoVa View Post
That doesn't sound right. What mods were you using and were they from Nexusmods? Modding is still in it's infancy right now for Starfield until the creation kit is released for it. With that said I do have the script extender set up and about 15 mods in my game right now, mostly UI stuff but I have added some textures such as landscape overhauls.

I don't know what your knowledge is regarding modding, but always read the mods description for proper installation instructions and the mods requirements. When doing a clean vanilla state when uninstalling your game and you add mods manually, always check your games folders for leftover mods as those will always remain. Only other tip I can give is to use a mod manager (in my case I use Mod Organizer 2, you can find beta versions for Starfield on their discord) or Vortex is also widely used from Nexusmods. Manually adding mods to your games folders is typically not recommended, especially for Bethesda games.
Yeah I'm pretty screwed. I'd installed the star UI inventory mod which is awesome, using a mod manager (vortex). But I think it's the dlss crap I'd tried.. didn't use a mod manager nor do I think there is one. Maybe I should try re-installing to a different folder entirely? Not sure. It basically worked one day, not the next and not since
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 06:56 AM   #183
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Starfield - September 6th 2023 - XBox Series X/S

Last thing I’ll say about Starfield now that I’ve finished the main quest.

That new game plus is INTRIGUING. I’m not one to replay games right away, but that set up might pull me back in for another play through before the year is over. Too much to play these days though!

Next up is Tears of the Kingdom

Last edited by bax; 10-05-2023 at 08:48 AM.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2023, 04:06 PM   #184
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Unfortunately, Intel Arc cards aren't taken seriously for gaming. They don't even show up on the Steam hardware survey. You can play games using one but you can't expect great performance yet. Hopefully Intel continues to improve so they become contenders.
This isn't really true. The A770 is a great 1080p/1440p card for gaming. They definitely have had some driver issues, but the overall performance for me on the Spider-man games, Cyberpunk, etc., has been impressive.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2023, 02:27 AM   #185
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 10-08-2023, 11:22 PM   #186
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:20 AM   #187
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
How we forget that just 3 years ago Cyberpunk 2077 was so unplayable at launch that it was removed from the PlayStation Store and roughly 30k copies were refunded by CDPR across all platforms.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 09:30 AM   #188
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
This isn't really true. The A770 is a great 1080p/1440p card for gaming. They definitely have had some driver issues, but the overall performance for me on the Spider-man games, Cyberpunk, etc., has been impressive.
Patch notes for today:

Performance and Stability
[PC ONLY] Improved stability for Intel Arc GPUs.

Various additional stability and performance improvements.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2023, 11:24 AM   #189
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
How we forget that just 3 years ago Cyberpunk 2077 was so unplayable at launch that it was removed from the PlayStation Store and roughly 30k copies were refunded by CDPR across all platforms.
Unplayable on consoles. I had a 2080ti at the time and it played perfectly fine for me at launch on PC. Very few bugs too.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 04:35 PM   #190
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
Unplayable on consoles. I had a 2080ti at the time and it played perfectly fine for me at launch on PC. Very few bugs too.
Yes unplayable on consoles. One thing to take into account with my numbers as well was the 30k are only from CDPR's "Help Me Refund Program". There were many many more refunds given by Steam to players on PC.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote