Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Bluetooth headset for 2 simultaneous devices?

Is it possible to get a Bluetooth headset that you can have paired and use simultaneously to 2 (or more) devices at once? I am sure they do, but for some reason I can't find a device which specifically says you can.

For example, if I have a phone and a tablet, and I wanted to be able to answer calls / watch videos with a single headset. Or have a work phone and a personal phone.

If they exist, anyone have any product recommendations? I would prefer something that was for both ears, but I understand that their might not be a lot of options.

Last edited by Rathji; 08-29-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Rathji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have three bluetooth headsets and the only one that does is this one.

http://www.plantronics.com/ca/product/voyager-pro

It's a single ear (but will play music). I have the Sennheiser MMX450 and the Monoprice Pro audios and they will both only do one device at a time.

Honestly, unless you are answering a lot of phone calls, I'd just get a good headset and swap, they are pretty easy to synch.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

The big issue I have is I miss calls when I am on transit and watching something on my tablet. I need a new set of headphones anyway, so I was hoping on killing 2 birds with one stone.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it was only between your phone and tablet, I would suggest Tablet Talk . Can be connected through bluetooth or wifi. Incoming call notification let's you pick up as well as select what source (phone or connected bluetooth device) to use.
Also awesome for responding to text messages as well through your tab letting you leave your phone in your bag/pocket.
Other little features like auto starting/ending the app when you toggle bluetooth on either device.

As for phone and phone, you're definitely going to have to look hard for a bluetooth headpiece. I've seen the bluetooth visor speakers allow 2 simultaneous connections but not headphones personally.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
If it was only between your phone and tablet, I would suggest Tablet Talk . Can be connected through bluetooth or wifi. Incoming call notification let's you pick up as well as select what source (phone or connected bluetooth device) to use.
Also awesome for responding to text messages as well through your tab letting you leave your phone in your bag/pocket.
Other little features like auto starting/ending the app when you toggle bluetooth on either device.

As for phone and phone, you're definitely going to have to look hard for a bluetooth headpiece. I've seen the bluetooth visor speakers allow 2 simultaneous connections but not headphones personally.
That would be good, but my tablet is Windows RT, so I discounted an app solution early on in my search.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whoops, my mistake there for assuming Android for no reason.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Memory Express will have this as their daily deal this Wednesday.

Quote:
With a built-in high quality microphone, phone controls, and Multipoint technology, the Matrix allows you to take charge of your multimedia and phone experience across multiple devices. Manage calls from two different phones simultaneously or effortlessly take calls from your phone while listening to media on another device.
Pricey at $149.99 regular price, but who knows how much it will be on Wednesday: $120, $100, ...?
psyang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:07 AM   #8
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

That is tempting. Will see what they come down to.