Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #21
WilsonFourTwo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I wonder how long they let people get away with UnblockUs? As some point, the sports rights holders or teams will see it as a threat that they'll try to stop.
It's a good question. I'm not sure that there's a whole lot that can be done without a ton of on-going effort, and given that there's still a pile of cash flowing into the leagues, my guess is that they'll see it as not worth the effort.

FWIW, I don't use any paid service. I've used tunlr for a couple of years now without issue. Gamecenter, MLB.TV, Netflix.....it all works great. Not sure what the advantages are with UnblockUs, never had a reason to try it.

WilsonFourTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #22
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

I watch all CBC broadcasts on their website, they stream them in HD. They also have multiple camera angles to choose from, and can also be watched in Punjabi, if you so choose.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...#id=2111214140

For access to US content through other services, I strongly recommend installing the add-on Media Hint on Firefox. A simple one button press is all it takes to jump back and forth from US-Canadian content.

Last edited by StrykerSteve; 08-25-2013 at 07:16 PM.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StrykerSteve For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #23
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFourTwo View Post
It's a good question. I'm not sure that there's a whole lot that can be done without a ton of on-going effort, and given that there's still a pile of cash flowing into the leagues, my guess is that they'll see it as not worth the effort.

FWIW, I don't use any paid service. I've used tunlr for a couple of years now without issue. Gamecenter, MLB.TV, Netflix.....it all works great. Not sure what the advantages are with UnblockUs, never had a reason to try it.
It would probably one of the larger local rights owners (especially one that also is a cable company), if they start noticing a trend of people cutting the cord to watch local sports via the out of market packages. This isn't just a Canadian thing either, it is becoming a popular way of watching baseball/hockey/B-Ball for US cord cutters too. All it take is a Comcast to press the issue with one of the sports leagues, and they'll figure out a way to lock it down.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote