Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2020, 03:01 PM   #101
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Both yesterdays match and today's were on the OneSoccer YouTube channel today. I couldn't find it on the OS app proper.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Hockey-and_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:03 PM   #102
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
OneSoccer is desperate for content right now, so I can understand why they picked up the rights. Even with all their content available, it's not worth the price they charge.
I got a "free" year with my season ticket package and I'm still finding it hard to log in. I did rewatch the Al Classico the other day, as I missed that game live last season.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Hockey-and_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:57 AM   #103
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Good article to read as we enter the final three rounds of the season.

https://amp.dw.com/en/bundesliga-the...mpression=true
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:28 AM   #104
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

With Werder playing Bayern today, and the guaranteed loss that comes with it, my hope is that we lose by less goals than Mainz to Dortmund and Dusseldorf to RB. Then the big match Saturday vs Mainz with a chance to escape the relegation spot.
cheevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:11 AM   #105
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Need all 3 points today. A favor from Furth in defeating Heidenheim would also be appreciated.

https://www.hsv.de/en/news/relegatio...the-way-of-hsv
Old 06-16-2020, 12:31 PM   #106
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

sorry Howie.

Watching Hamburg and Stuttgart in the "battle" for promotion is like that South Park episode where they really don't want to make the softball playoffs and try their hardest to lose. It's probably incredibly hilarious to watch if you don't have a horse in that race, but if you do ... ouch.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2020, 12:44 PM   #107
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
sorry Howie.

Watching Hamburg and Stuttgart in the "battle" for promotion is like that South Park episode where they really don't want to make the softball playoffs and try their hardest to lose. It's probably incredibly hilarious to watch if you don't have a horse in that race, but if you do ... ouch.
So true!

#HamburgerIdiots
Old 06-16-2020, 02:34 PM   #108
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Damn Neuer, we were so close.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:40 PM   #109
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

8 straight! Feels especially good since they were in 7th before sacking Kovac. Hansi Flick has done an incredible job to get Bayern playing at such a high level again.

Unfortunately Davies got sent off for a pretty weak second yellow in the second half. But seeing as he should’ve been sent off in the first half for a straight red (kicked out at a Bremen player, only got a yellow card) one cant complain at all.
M*A*S*H 4077 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:41 PM   #110
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevers View Post
Damn Neuer, we were so close.
That was a great sequence but yeah, Neuer robbed you.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:44 PM   #111
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

didn't think that second yellow was weak at all. Davies absolutely has to make that foul or the whole side of the pitch is wide open ... it was Comans fault and Davies had to the take the fall there. A yellow everyday, but one you have to take.

too bad for Bremen, hoped they could at least get a point out of this. Will probably go down to the wire between them and Düsseldorf.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:40 PM   #112
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Stupid Dortmund, this is exactly why you are no where close to being competition to Bayern.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:02 PM   #113
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Stupid Dortmund, this is exactly why you are no where close to being competition to Bayern.
Say what you will about Bayern, but they're a well run club with attention to detail and planning.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #114
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Say what you will about Bayern, but they're a well run club with attention to detail and planning.
They really are, looking at there transfer activity and who they have gotten and the fees is staggering. They definitely benefit that every Bundesliga player wants to play for them, allowing them to poach them for nothing or almost nothing. But they rarely make poor buys, the last big one that did not really work out was Renato Sanches and I think they recouped a lot of the fee when they sold him.

I just wish more players would stay with their clubs and try to fight to win the title against Bayern then simply just joining them.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheevers For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2020, 02:21 PM   #115
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They really are, looking at there transfer activity and who they have gotten and the fees is staggering. They definitely benefit that every Bundesliga player wants to play for them, allowing them to poach them for nothing or almost nothing. But they rarely make poor buys, the last big one that did not really work out was Renato Sanches and I think they recouped a lot of the fee when they sold him.

I just wish more players would stay with their clubs and try to fight to win the title against Bayern then simply just joining them.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:27 PM   #116
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

And Red Bull can do one too. Trash, bought history, crap drink "club". What a terrible day.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #117
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

well it's tough. They have a huge pull in Germany and they'll use every dirty trick in the playbook too. Lewandowski, Goretzka, Nübel ... numerous examples where they'll happily convince a player to run down his contract and join for free, contacting the player way in advance and shafting the other club. Everybody in Germany knows it and nobody can do #### about it.

It's grim too for everybody hoping for a different champion any time soon. Dortmund had its window now these past two seasons where Bayern looked vulnerable at this, struggling with Kovac on the bench and doing a bit of a squad rebuild post-Robben/Ribery. But they've thrown it away with an overwhelmed coach themselves, and now they are set to lose two of their three superstars (Hakimi and Sancho) this summer with Haland probably following next year. Only hope is Leipzig at this point, but I'm not sure they can step up another level to actually harm Bayern.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2020, 02:58 PM   #118
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
well it's tough. They have a huge pull in Germany and they'll use every dirty trick in the playbook too. Lewandowski, Goretzka, Nübel ... numerous examples where they'll happily convince a player to run down his contract and join for free, contacting the player way in advance and shafting the other club. Everybody in Germany knows it and nobody can do #### about it.

It's grim too for everybody hoping for a different champion any time soon. Dortmund had its window now these past two seasons where Bayern looked vulnerable at this, struggling with Kovac on the bench and doing a bit of a squad rebuild post-Robben/Ribery. But they've thrown it away with an overwhelmed coach themselves, and now they are set to lose two of their three superstars (Hakimi and Sancho) this summer with Haland probably following next year. Only hope is Leipzig at this point, but I'm not sure they can step up another level to actually harm Bayern.
And Leipzig are likely going to get torn apart at the seams. Werner is already gone, who knows who goes next.

Are they really 'Dirty Tricks' when they're allowed and a common part of doing business in the Bundesliga?

Old 06-17-2020, 03:15 PM   #119
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

well they lost Keita too and were just fine. They have a unique advantage with RB Salzburg basically being their farm team, plus their scouting network is amazing ... and they actually have the ambition to win stuff. Losing Werner is a huge blow, make no mistake - but they've always planned ahead and I'm sure they'll get a good replacement.

and nah, those dirty tricks are not allowed. Hasn't exactly stopped them there seems to be an acceptance that Bayern can do everything they want. Feel free to fawn over their planning and whatnot (and I understand there's a lot of interest here because of Alphonso Davies becoming a superstar), but let's not pretend there's really a level playing field here.

and I know it might come across as if I'm just blindly hating on them. Truth is, none of those top clubs are all that appealing to me. Bayern are the big bullies that until recently had a convicted felon as president. Dortmund feel a bit like hypocrites with the image they want to convey, trying to hide the fact that they are a money-driven PLC after all. Plus they seem to be happy with being more of a glorified feeder club than an actual contender, which pisses me off. And it's not hard to dislike Leipzig with their plastic "history" and their little farm team right in front of my doorstep

I just want different champions every now and then, that's all. The status quo is terrible for the league.
Old 06-17-2020, 03:26 PM   #120
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
well they lost Keita too and were just fine. They have a unique advantage with RB Salzburg basically being their farm team, plus their scouting network is amazing ... and they actually have the ambition to win stuff. Losing Werner is a huge blow, make no mistake - but they've always planned ahead and I'm sure they'll get a good replacement.

and nah, those dirty tricks are not allowed. Hasn't exactly stopped them there seems to be an acceptance that Bayern can do everything they want. Feel free to fawn over their planning and whatnot (and I understand there's a lot of interest here because of Alphonso Davies becoming a superstar), but let's not pretend there's really a level playing field here.

and I know it might come across as if I'm just blindly hating on them. Truth is, none of those top clubs are all that appealing to me. Bayern are the big bullies that until recently had a convicted felon as president. Dortmund feel a bit like hypocrites with the image they want to convey, trying to hide the fact that they are a money-driven PLC after all. Plus they seem to be happy with being more of a glorified feeder club than an actual contender, which pisses me off. And it's not hard to dislike Leipzig with their plastic "history" and their little farm team right in front of my doorstep

I just want different champions every now and then, that's all. The status quo is terrible for the league.
Its not a lot different from Spain, Italy and even England for the longest time. The team with the most resources that is willing to push the envelope tends to win.

What I like about Bayern is that they are still intrinsically German. They plan and they have contingency plans.

This was Bayern under transition both in the squad and managerially and nobody stepped up to take it from them because they had an underlying quality that could get the job done.

Tags
edmonton ist nicht gut , nur der hsv! , scheiss bayern , scheiss sankt pauli , scheiss werder bremen