Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2021, 09:47 PM   #1201
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anything Disney does while attempting to stand for the moral high ground is complete garbage given their relationship with the CCP. This is no way justifies Carano and whatever views she has, but anyone thinking Disney is doing anything but pandering for $ is off-base.

Can’t say I’ll miss Dune as a character.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2021, 12:36 AM   #1202
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

You'd think celebrities would be smarter than that, and have their publicist run their social media.

Still, I'm wondering what she actually said. Must be pretty spicy to have gotten fired over.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:09 AM   #1203
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
You'd think celebrities would be smarter than that, and have their publicist run their social media.

Still, I'm wondering what she actually said. Must be pretty spicy to have gotten fired over.
She likened the backlash against Trump supporters as people reporting their Jewish neighbors to the Nazis. She's a special brand of stupid
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 05:59 AM   #1204
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine getting fired from ‘Star Wars’ (and actually good Star Wars that everyone likes, and maybe even getting your own series!) to support Trump and MAGA. People are ridiculous.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2021, 06:46 AM   #1205
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't care what people do or believe in their private lives but it never ceases to surprise me when celebrities tweet this kind of stuff fully knowing that in today's culture you are are always a tweet away from getting cancelled.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2021, 07:01 AM   #1206
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You can be a MAGA and still work for Disney, you just can’t be a MAGA anti-mask transphobic Q-Anon Parler member that publicly posts about it. And she’s not going to jail for her beliefs so she need not worry about that nazi comparison.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2021, 08:00 AM   #1207
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Man that is a huge loss for her, she had a really good thing going there. Especially if she was supposed to be in that spinoff show.

I can do without her character again, I didn't dislike her, but I felt she played her part well. However she isn't integral to the story in anyway. Easy off screen death if that.

When will people learn... lol
I got the impression she was going to be a key player in the Rangers series. From what I have been reading John Favreau really went to bat for her with the high-ups at Disney the first time this happened. That is quite the bridge to burn.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:15 AM   #1208
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol what a dumbass. Way to sewer your career by spewing your idiotic beliefs.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:19 AM   #1209
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
I got the impression she was going to be a key player in the Rangers series. From what I have been reading John Favreau really went to bat for her with the high-ups at Disney the first time this happened. That is quite the bridge to burn.
Sounds like she was warned and as a former MMA fighter maybe she has that fighter mentality where she's not going to do what she's told if she doesn't agree with it. I don't consider it a big loss as she can't really act.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #1210
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

She was literally hand picked and given the role on a silver platter. Yet she was too stupid to hire a PR Rep after the first dozen questionable social media posts.

This hurts me as a fan, as I've been following Gina since her early fighting days.

Freedom of speech is not free from consequences.

Being an avid Trump supporter, Anti Masker, pro plaguer, racist, religitard, anti-LGBTQ, comparing wearing a mask and being Republican to victims of the Holocaust. Other crazy conspiracies, the list goes on and on.

Sadly, she is America in a nut shell. There are another 70 million just like her.

Spouting hate will get you fired from most jobs.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2021, 08:36 AM   #1211
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
She was literally hand picked and given the role on a silver platter. Yet she was too stupid to hire a PR Rep after the first dozen questionable social media posts.

This hurts me as a fan, as I've been following Gina since her early fighting days.

Freedom of speech is not free from consequences.

Being an avid Trump supporter, Anti Masker, pro plaguer, racist, religitard, anti-LGBTQ, comparing wearing a mask and being Republican to victims of the Holocaust. Other crazy conspiracies, the list goes on and on.

Sadly, she is America in a nut shell. There are another 70 million just like her.

Spouting hate will get you fired from most jobs.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I bet she ends up with some kind of show on Fox News or OANN
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:38 AM   #1212
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Frankly, she comes across as a spoil entitled brat.

I try not to cheer at someone's downfall, but I am a bit here I admit. I guess I need to be better than that.
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:39 AM   #1213
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I bet she ends up with some kind of show on Fox News or OANN
If the NRA comes out of bankruptcy, I could see her working here:

Old 02-11-2021, 08:57 AM   #1214
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loved the character, loved the actress. Gina made that character who she was and quickly became my favorite. So badass.

They could have easily built spinoff around her, and apparently were going to.

I think I read somewhere that Favreau already pleaded her case to Lucasfilm when she first started acting up, and basically he told her all she has to do is stfu on twitter and she'll be fine.

Is it really that hard for these idiots to keep their idiot comments to themselves? Companies don't want to be associated with controversy. Just stfu and ride the gravy train to Millionaire-ville.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2021, 09:37 AM   #1215
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I looked a little more into this, and I'm just so, so glad I'm not anywhere near Twitter. Man, that place is a toxic s***hole. Looks like it was a death by a thousand cuts thing, as folks have been howling for Gina's head for a while now.

I kinda felt that the "beep/bop/boop" thing was kinda funny, though perhaps not in the best of taste, especially for a public figure.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2021, 09:41 AM   #1216
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I looked a little more into this, and I'm just so, so glad I'm not anywhere near Twitter. Man, that place is a toxic s***hole. Looks like it was a death by a thousand cuts thing, as folks have been howling for Gina's head for a while now.

I kinda felt that the "beep/bop/boop" thing was kinda funny, though perhaps not in the best of taste, especially for a public figure.
I don't agree the beep/bop/boop thing was funny, as I could see how someone could be extremely offended by it. Not to say you always need to worry about offending someone but I think it was wrong.

However, she didn't loose her job for that comment, and correctly spinned it as a teaching moment from Pedro. The "consequence" she faced of saying she learned from it seemed like a win/win to me.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:46 AM   #1217
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'm always happy to see fellow posters post tweets that are informative to a discussion but I will never get a twitter account. There's already enough hate and vitriol on the internet and I'm finding the less time I spend on social media the better the days are.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:46 AM   #1218
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mull View Post
I don't agree the beep/bop/boop thing was funny, as I could see how someone could be extremely offended by it. Not to say you always need to worry about offending someone but I think it was wrong.

However, she didn't loose her job for that comment, and correctly spinned it as a teaching moment from Pedro. The "consequence" she faced of saying she learned from it seemed like a win/win to me.
Yes, I realize that...but that seems to be when she came onto 'the cancel radar' and she's kept putting her foot in it since then.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:47 AM   #1219
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm always happy to see fellow posters post tweets that are informative to a discussion but I will never get a twitter account. There's already enough hate and vitriol on the internet and I'm finding the less time I spend on social media the better the days are.
Yeah, I've often seen the folks on here who do Twitter as a godsend, and very much the "I do this so you don't have to" types...and I'm quite grateful for them.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:33 AM   #1220
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Man that is a huge loss for her, she had a really good thing going there. Especially if she was supposed to be in that spinoff show.

I can do without her character again, I didn't dislike her, but I felt she played her part well. However she isn't integral to the story in anyway. Easy off screen death if that.

When will people learn... lol
Yeah, being part of the Star Wars franchise is pretty much a lifelong gig. Even if her career didn't go anywhere after, she would always be able to make money doing appearances and maybe cameos. The franchise has been kind to a few mediocre actors. I hope they replace her character with a different actress.