Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2018, 06:55 AM   #281
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Jericho, on his show Talk is Jericho, had this to say about the Nia Jax punch that injured Becky Lynch: “Stuff happens. If you see the punch she took, oh my gosh, it didn’t look like a potato. It looked like a legitimate deliberate punch to the face. But, whatever, we’ll hold off on judgement for that.”
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:22 PM   #282
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

All I'm going to say about this first match between Bazler and Sane is holy %%%$

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:07 PM   #283
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well I can't give out any more stars that Gargano Black match took them all.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:08 PM   #284
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm pretty sure that the members of the main roster are all sitting in their hotel rooms tonight cursing the name NXT, "How in the frack do we compete with that " Ronda Rousey is probably grumbling. "Oh my god, I can't do that" Seth Rollins is probably swearing.

Lets be honest, for the longest time the WWE main roster has really struggled in terms of PPV's and booking, and seeing the junior development circuit becoming what WWE wants to be has to be a bit disheartening.

This was an amazing card from top to bottom, it was as near as it gets to perfect as far as I'm concerned, in fact as I'm concerned this would be the first ever PPV where I would be tempted to give every single match 5 stars, except for one thing, there was one match that wasn't.

Matt Riddle vs Kassius Ohno - I get it, this was suppossed to get the new guy over, and Matt Riddle is a fricken specimen, But having Ohno come out and rip on the new guy only to eat a 25 second pin is probably something that could have waited for a regular NXT TV show.

0 out of 5

Shayna Bazler def Kairi Sane 2 falls to one - I really like both of these woman, but there's something about Shayna that's just amazing. In every single match she pulls an amazing reverse or hold out of nowhere and its cool to watch. She's also great as a heel, her facial expressions and pacing are spot on. Kairi is just a perfect face, she's cute, energetic and tiny and the underdog with the indomitable will. She not only had to face off against Bazler, but Duke and Shafir. But she fought back from tremendous odds, and eventually she was joined by Dakota Kai and Io Shirai who pulled off an awesome top rope to the outside moonsault. In the end Bazler pulled out the reverse after eating an insane elbow to retain her belt, but this sets up a test run for the 3 MMA horsewoman

***** out of 5

Aleister Black def Johnny Gargano - Black is the total package, he even killed a stegosaurus to make his jacket. Gargano is the perfect heel because he feels justified in what he's doing. This match was nasty and brutal and had incredible pacing. I have no doubt that Black though is the next big thing. the ending was unbelievable as Black delivered a murderous Black Mass and then held up Gargano's limp body and muttered "I want to absolve you of your sins" before hitting a second Black Mass for the win.

***** out of 5

Tomasso Ciampa def Velveteen Dream - Its hard to believe that Velveteen Dream lost in tough enough to a fat lazy alligator wrestler because he's got it all charisma to burn and he's a decent high flier. Ciampa right now is on another level, he's just got everything down from using his knee brace as a weapon to untying his boot to relieve the pain he was feeling. This match went back and forth and both wrestlers were really generous with each other. The psychology was right on point and the theatrics of the match were amazing with Dream at the start being the cocky face. I would expect that Black and Ciampa are heading to the main roster soon.

***** out of 5

War Games Dunne, Ricochet War Raiders def Undisputed Era

I think the term I'm looking for is unbelievable. From the booking to the in ring action this was perfect. They made the UE look like complete geniuses as they locked Dunne in the shark cage and threw away the key so they would have a 4-3 advantage, to sucking Ricochet to the top of the cage so they could push him off for the ring, to forming a wall to keep the good guys from interfering with an attempted submission of Dunne. The War Raiders are frankly ridiculous, the moves that they can do and pull out are off the charts. Adam Cole is tremendously talented.

I have only two complaints, the use of the chain on Dunne wasn't well done and looked awkward, when they couldn't tie it on as a weapon they should have thrown it way. Also I'm just not a fan of the intentional X wrestlers involved in a move like a suplex. The 8 man suplex which was supposed to be a holy shyte moment looked dumb and choreographed.

The ending was well done and sets up a Pete Dunne vs Ricochet feud next.

**** 3/4 out of 5

Final grade. Outside of the Riddle match this was probably the best PPV that I've ever watched. From end to end it was near perfect in terms of the action, scripting and the wrestler story telling.

****3/4 out of 5

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2018, 09:09 PM   #285
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

seeing the junior development circuit becoming what WWE wants to be has to be a bit disheartening

Thats not what they want to be though, nxt is done for a very different audience than wwe, different needs, different schedule etc.

It cant really be compared

Seth and aj and finn and DB and cesaro and KO and Shinsuke, and i could name a bunch more, could be doing what nxt is doing if thats what they wanted, but its two very different types of promotions
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:55 PM   #286
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Charlotte trying to murder Ronda has been the best part of tonight
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #287
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thats some real time damage right there. Kiddie gloves are off now for Ronda. See those kendo stick marks? Yeesh.

EDIT: Holy hell the welts and cuts on the side of her head too. Wow. She really took one for the team tonight.

Last edited by dammage79; 11-18-2018 at 08:00 PM.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #288
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

And I thought L.A was Ronda's home crowd, they sure turned on her hard. I think shes getting the reins treatment, because no one should be boo'ed out of the arena after that kind of beating.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #289
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1064345952490844160
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #290
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Thats some real time damage right there. Kiddie gloves are off now for Ronda. See those kendo stick marks? Yeesh.

EDIT: Holy hell the welts and cuts on the side of her head too. Wow. She really took one for the team tonight.

I love the fact that she's game for everything, and she's amazing at selling. I'm not a fan of unprotected bumps like the natural selection on the chair though.

I expect that we're going to see Shayna and the other horsewoman of MMA showing up to help Ronda out against Becky and the other four horsewoman of WWE. The only danger is you're putting Ronda with an amazing heel in Shayna.

Fans are upset because they feel like Charlotte is taking Becky's spot.

But this was really well done.

Ronda is probably not going to be able to move tomorrow morning.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #291
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Do you want people excited for a women's match being the Wrestlemania Main Event?

Because this is how you get people excited for a women's match being the Wrestlemania Main Event.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:16 PM   #292
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post

I just saw that, from the sounds of it, there is legitimate heat on Nia by the woman. Once again tonight she was sloppy as it gets.

She's awful in every way, the only reason why they're keeping her, well there's two.

1) The whole be a star campaign

2) If you smell what her cousin is cooking.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:17 PM   #293
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Do you want people excited for a women's match being the Wrestlemania Main Event?

Because this is how you get people excited for a women's match being the Wrestlemania Main Event.

Poor Alexa, last year she talked about her ultimate goal for the woman's division was to headline wrestlemania. Its going to happen, but she won't be a part of it.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:19 PM   #294
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Poor Alexa, last year she talked about her ultimate goal for the woman's division was to headline wrestlemania. Its going to happen, but she won't be a part of it.

Good.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #295
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

DB versus Lesnar

Old 11-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #296
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

funny how a cheap shot just levels a dude even in wrasslin. It's been a long time time the low blow's been in the title match. The great equalizer.

I'm just so over Brock Lesnar and how they book him. Go back to UFC already.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:51 PM   #297
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I thought Brock did a good job tonight and helped make DB look like a million bucks.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:37 PM   #298
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Enzo shows up at Survivor Series and gets booted

https://twitter.com/user/status/1064326698273918976

Old 11-18-2018, 11:05 PM   #299
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
And I thought L.A was Ronda's home crowd, they sure turned on her hard. I think shes getting the reins treatment, because no one should be boo'ed out of the arena after that kind of beating.
If they play this right they could have gold. If last week was Becky’s Stone Cold moment this this could be Ronda’s “Die Rocky Die” moment.

“As I layed in the ring, battered and bruised to put on a show for the fans that I thought respected me, all that rang through my ears was “You deserve it”. So I’m done with this, and I’m done playing nice. The bitch is back.”

Then have the MMA four horsewomen debut and just interupt matches destroying people. Ronda just works so much better as a natural heel IMO and this could be the flashpoint for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I thought Brock did a good job tonight and helped make DB look like a million bucks.
Yeah. Psycho Daniel Bryan looks like a real threat. Honestly they should have had him go over (maybe he truly snaps and cheats even more) but I don’t think it would hurt Lesnar at this point and it would have tied a rocket to DB again for the WM build.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:17 AM   #300
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Definitely one of Brock's better matches, made Bryan look really good and liked the psychotic look Bryan gave even after he lost.

Ronda vs Charlotte was also very good, lots of questions coming after that. Does Ronda also turn heel? How do they fit Becky into all of this?
mile is offline   Reply With Quote