Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2020, 12:02 PM   #61
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan! View Post
Anyone else think this whole bubble scenario will give these players PTSD in a sense? As if Edmonton didn't have a hard enough time signing Free agents.. If Edmonton makes these guys feel bizarro bubble memories, why would they want to play there normally??
No.

A whole lot of people have had to put up with a whole lot more the last seven months, and they didn’t have teams of professionals dedicated to their safety and well being while doing it.

Let’s not forget, the only reason these bubbles were in Canada to begin with is the US’ complete inability to take Covid seriously and get it under control.

Besides, from what I’ve heard, there’s been no shortage of available edibles up in the Chuck.

Guys will remember this experience their entire lives, and I doubt very much because of how traumatic it was.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:15 PM   #62
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
No.

A whole lot of people have had to put up with a whole lot more the last seven months, and they didn’t have teams of professionals dedicated to their safety and well being while doing it.

Let’s not forget, the only reason these bubbles were in Canada to begin with is the US’ complete inability to take Covid seriously and get it under control.

Besides, from what I’ve heard, there’s been no shortage of available edibles up in the Chuck.

Guys will remember this experience their entire lives, and I doubt very much because of how traumatic it was.
Ok, fair points but I can't see anyone of these guys even on the Lighting will hold much of the experience warm in their hearts.
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:19 PM   #63
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Anyone else think this whole bubble scenario will give these players PTSD in a sense? As if Edmonton didn't have a hard enough time signing Free agents.. If Edmonton makes these guys feel bizarro bubble memories, why would they want to play there normally??

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 02:21 PM   #64
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ok, fair points but I can't see anyone of these guys even on the Lighting will hold much of the experience warm in their hearts.
I disagree - this was the Mortal Kombat of hockey tournaments.

Think about it another way - this is a unique occurrence in the history of the game. It’s extremely improbable it happens again.

I suspect the further away from this we get, the more guys realize how special the whole affair was.

Especially in the face of so much death.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:22 PM   #65
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

How would staying in a high end hotel for a couple months be any more traumatic that having to live in Arizona? The bubble being in Edmonton is irrelevant because it protected the athletes from the cesspool that is Edmonton.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:40 PM   #66
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think so many NHL players drinking the water over a long period will prove to have more lingering impacts than PTSD.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:36 AM   #67
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
How would staying in a high end hotel for a couple months be any more traumatic that having to live in Arizona? The bubble being in Edmonton is irrelevant because it protected the athletes from the cesspool that is Edmonton.
How does everything spin to something about Arizona? Even when i'm dissing Edmonton.. get it together CP.

I compare it to being sent to your grandma's house all summer long.. trapped, even in Kelowna which is beautiful.I still hate going to Kelowna now because of it. lol
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote