Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 01:38 PM   #1581
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

The definition of a rhetorical question.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:40 PM   #1582
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan! View Post
bubble ptsd. told ya
You think there was a shred of consideration around the league of going to the Oilers that needed the bubble to take care of? It’s already been at absolute zero for a long time.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:32 AM   #1583
Red_Baron
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Saw this on NHL.com

https://www.nhl.com/news/holland-jes...?tid=277548856

Sounds like they have talked to Pujujarvi's agent but that is about it.

Holland also talks about their free agent needs and says that their defense is the deepest part of their team, LOL.
E=NG
Old 10-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #1584
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Baron View Post
Saw this on NHL.com

https://www.nhl.com/news/holland-jes...?tid=277548856

Sounds like they have talked to Pujujarvi's agent but that is about it.

Holland also talks about their free agent needs and says that their defense is the deepest part of their team, LOL.
E=NG
I was going to slam him, but he actually might be right. That team is the most shallow team possible IMO. If you're generous and say they have 5 NHL caliber forwards, 5/12= 42% of players that aren't replacement level. On d you could probably generously argue that 4/6=67% are NHL level, just playing a full pair above where they should be.

So, is Holland realistic or deluded? I suppose it depends on if he thinks they have high end D talent... they do not. Low end D depth, high end top 2 forwards, and a whole lot of garbage in between.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #1585
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

IF Klefbom is gone for long term that's one of the worst bluelines in the NHL bar none. If your team has to go with a top pairing of Larsson and Nurse your in big trouble.

Nurse might be big and skate well, but the guy is brain dead and worse positionally then Denis Gauther. Larsson has looked like poop for a couple of years now. This top pairing is a second pairing.

Kris Russell, is weak on the boards, and his heroic blocking requirements are caused by his own puck bumbles and mistakes.

Bear was ok, I mean he was hyped as a potential, Calder, Norris, Hart winner by Staples, but he struggled and faded badly and looked awful in the prelim rounds.

Jones is ok, but he's not that interesting.

Bouchard is no longer a projected top pairing guy, his skating troubles have caused a slid.
Boberg or whatever his name is likely doesn't make the team this year, if he does they're Fracked.

OEL wants nothing to do with this group of losers.

Combine that blueline with Koskilamadingdong as your starter and you're giving up more goals then a persons desire to go to the Gym right after New Years.

Anyone that thinks the Oilers are a ascendant franchise is fooling themselves, poor cap management, poor drafting, poor asset management and a dressing room dominated by two admittedly superstar me first guys is a bad formula.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #1586
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I was going to slam him, but he actually might be right. That team is the most shallow team possible IMO. If you're generous and say they have 5 NHL caliber forwards, 5/12= 42% of players that aren't replacement level. On d you could probably generously argue that 4/6=67% are NHL level, just playing a full pair above where they should be.

So, is Holland realistic or deluded? I suppose it depends on if he thinks they have high end D talent... they do not. Low end D depth, high end top 2 forwards, and a whole lot of garbage in between.

Just wait, yoooou just wait until RNH asks for 8 million bucks a year for an extension (cord).

Rebuild time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 02:00 PM   #1587
Darkon
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
IF Klefbom is gone for long term that's one of the worst bluelines in the NHL bar none. If your team has to go with a top pairing of Larsson and Nurse your in big trouble.

Nurse might be big and skate well, but the guy is brain dead and worse positionally then Denis Gauther. Larsson has looked like poop for a couple of years now. This top pairing is a second pairing.

Kris Russell, is weak on the boards, and his heroic blocking requirements are caused by his own puck bumbles and mistakes.

Bear was ok, I mean he was hyped as a potential, Calder, Norris, Hart winner by Staples, but he struggled and faded badly and looked awful in the prelim rounds.

Jones is ok, but he's not that interesting.

Bouchard is no longer a projected top pairing guy, his skating troubles have caused a slid.
Boberg or whatever his name is likely doesn't make the team this year, if he does they're Fracked.

OEL wants nothing to do with this group of losers.

Combine that blueline with Koskilamadingdong as your starter and you're giving up more goals then a persons desire to go to the Gym right after New Years.

Anyone that thinks the Oilers are a ascendant franchise is fooling themselves, poor cap management, poor drafting, poor asset management and a dressing room dominated by two admittedly superstar me first guys is a bad formula.
This is all so confusing! I just don't know what to believe anymore. Because according to the guys (or at least 1 guy over and over and over and over again) on HF - Klefbom getting hurt is great for the Oilers and actually puts them in a postion of strength as he becomes a much more valuable asset for trade as teams can then tap into that sweet LTIR money
and they can easily trade Larsson because their crop of current d prospects is as strong as it's ever been all the way back to the early 80's. Broberg is a potential #1 and pair him with Bear and you have a lethal top line, then you have Bouchard and Samorukov as your 1b option, which leaves you with the best 3rd line in the world with Nurse and Jones. And all this could possibly be true for the coming season with how the guys are all progressing and playing currently, but for definite is true in 2-4 years. It can't go wrong.
But then I read your thoughts and I can't seem to line it all up???

I hope I didn't need green text here but I realize I don't post very often so nobody knows me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darkon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 02:11 PM   #1588
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon View Post
This is all so confusing! I just don't know what to believe anymore. Because according to the guys (or at least 1 guy over and over and over and over again) on HF - Klefbom getting hurt is great for the Oilers and actually puts them in a postion of strength as he becomes a much more valuable asset for trade as teams can then tap into that sweet LTIR money
and they can easily trade Larsson because their crop of current d prospects is as strong as it's ever been all the way back to the early 80's. Broberg is a potential #1 and pair him with Bear and you have a lethal top line, then you have Bouchard and Samorukov as your 1b option, which leaves you with the best 3rd line in the world with Nurse and Jones. And all this could possibly be true for the coming season with how the guys are all progressing and playing currently, but for definite is true in 2-4 years. It can't go wrong.

I hope I didn't need green text here but I realize I don't post very often so nobody knows me.
You have identified the lengths of their mental gymnastics pretty well here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #1589
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

Green Text is like so 2015 man.

Old 10-02-2020, 04:15 PM   #1590
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Green Text is like so 2015 man.
Oilaz is like so 1980s man.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:21 PM   #1591
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
Oilaz is like so 1980s man.

McG directed movies are so like 90's man

Old 10-03-2020, 07:46 AM   #1592
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1312213646521425922

Multiple dumpster fires can mean only one thing: It's Free Agent Negotiations season in Edmonton.

Last edited by Reggie Dunlop; 10-03-2020 at 08:38 AM.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 08:35 AM   #1593
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
McG directed movies are so like 90's man
Directing is awesome!

Music videos and Sugar Ray in the 90s, movies in the 00s.

E=ng!
Old 10-03-2020, 08:36 AM   #1594
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

They really have to take Kevin Lowe’s H Foil account away!
Old 10-03-2020, 04:29 PM   #1595
TheGoldenTrout
Draft Pick

From the “You Can’t Make This Stuff Up File:”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...girl-1.5744745

Just a little taste from this article:

“ The publication — which details people and events so bizarre that readers might question the claims — scouted Vogel and her jumping talent for its latest edition, which hit store shelves this week.

Vogel spends her days galloping through her backyard on all fours.

Her specialty? Show jumping. She can leap over vertical beams more than one metre high.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:48 PM   #1596
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wtf???
Old 10-03-2020, 04:59 PM   #1597
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

This is what happens when you eliminate bullying...
Old 10-03-2020, 04:59 PM   #1598
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
This is what happens when you eliminate bullying...
Ahhhahahaha! Exactly
Old 10-03-2020, 05:01 PM   #1599
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenTrout View Post
From the “You Can’t Make This Stuff Up File:”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...girl-1.5744745

Just a little taste from this article:

“ The publication — which details people and events so bizarre that readers might question the claims — scouted Vogel and her jumping talent for its latest edition, which hit store shelves this week.

Vogel spends her days galloping through her backyard on all fours.

Her specialty? Show jumping. She can leap over vertical beams more than one metre high.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 10-03-2020, 05:09 PM   #1600
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm all for making fun of Edmonton and the oilers, but that girl ain't hurting anybody.

Just IMO.
Closed Thread