Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-21-2020, 10:25 AM   #381
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

The lego is up for Pre-order on the Canadian lego website. Think I might have pull the trigger on that one.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:52 PM   #382
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Okay, just got caught up this show too. It was okay and definitely written by, and for, fans of the original trilogy. I like how the Jedi/force users are back to being mysterious legends that no one really knows about, including a well-travelled Han, versus the super public wizard army the prequels made them out to be.

So the internet tells me that laser sword the dud used to cut himself out of the tie figheter is called a darksaber, but why is it important? Does that make him a Sith or something?
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:44 PM   #383
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
Does that make him a Sith or something?
No.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:08 AM   #384
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is the way.

Last edited by getbak; 09-15-2020 at 08:19 AM.
getbak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to getbak For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2020, 08:31 AM   #385
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

No appearance of Ahsoka in the trailer, but that appears to be Sasha Banks, who is rumoured to be playing Sabine, as the mysterious woman in black.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:35 AM   #386
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That looks amazing, loved getting some baby yoda on a cold day.

Definately Sasha Banks. looks like a bigger role for the Empire remnant this year.

If Sasha is Sabine and we have a rumored Ashoka, do they position a spin off live action for the search for Ezra.

Looks awesome.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:33 AM   #387
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still such a brilliant choice to do a puppet over CGI. That detail alone makes it feel more Star Wars-y then even the sequel trilogy.

And they already have a tagline as popular as "I got a bad feeling about this!".

This is the way.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:10 AM   #388
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

that looks AWESOME!!!!

finally.... something GOOD to come from 2020!!
Old 09-15-2020, 10:14 AM   #389
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Still such a brilliant choice to do a puppet over CGI. That detail alone makes it feel more Star Wars-y then even the sequel trilogy.

And they already have a tagline as popular as "I got a bad feeling about this!".

This is the way.
Its amazing how good the puppet work really is. I think it really helps the actors working with it.

Really looking forward to the shows coming out

Cassian, Obi-Wan and of course Mandalorian. I don't know how I feel about the animated Republic series is just because I have a bad taste in my mouth over Resistance which was really terrible.

Old 09-15-2020, 10:40 AM   #390
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Seriously....how does the Mandalorian manage to get Star Wars so right in every way, but the rest of the Disney productions (well maybe not Rogue One) are just so far off.

The puppetry work looks great. Not just the child, but also the other use of puppets, for example the Yak that the sand person is riding on. It just makes everything feel so much more lived in and real.

Even the humour is spot on to the spirit of the original. Mandos dry humour. The child's slightly mocking humour. I also love the inclusion of Carl Weathers, as an inside joke.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #391
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Seriously....how does the Mandalorian manage to get Star Wars so right in every way, but the rest of the Disney productions (well maybe not Rogue One) are just so far off.

The puppetry work looks great. Not just the child, but also the other use of puppets, for example the Yak that the sand person is riding on. It just makes everything feel so much more lived in and real.

Even the humour is spot on to the spirit of the original. Mandos dry humour. The child's slightly mocking humour. I also love the inclusion of Carl Weathers, as an inside joke.

The production team with the exception of Jon Favreau came over from Clone Wars and Rebels, so they're very good with the Lore.

Here's the other big thing, it worked with Clone Wars, it worked with Rebels and that's the inclusion of Lucas in the story writing and over arching stories.

Say what you will about his dialogue and even directing later on, Star Wars is a life time passion of love for him, and when you see the meetings between George and Filoni when they were doing Clone Wars and Rebels it was awesome.

George really wasn't involved in Resistance and Filoni really wasn't and George and Dave weren't involved in the Sequel Trilogy and the story fell apart.

Also the directing talent is huge when working with Dave and Jon.

Rogue One worked because it linked directly with one line from the ANH crawl. But even without George it worked because it had a great and simple story that came from old war movies.

Even as much as people dislike the PT, the overarching story through that whole thing was really good, especially when it came to the fall of the republic.

Quote:
Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

Old 09-15-2020, 02:31 PM   #392
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The production team with the exception of Jon Favreau came over from Clone Wars and Rebels, so they're very good with the Lore.

Here's the other big thing, it worked with Clone Wars, it worked with Rebels and that's the inclusion of Lucas in the story writing and over arching stories.

Say what you will about his dialogue and even directing later on, Star Wars is a life time passion of love for him, and when you see the meetings between George and Filoni when they were doing Clone Wars and Rebels it was awesome.

George really wasn't involved in Resistance and Filoni really wasn't and George and Dave weren't involved in the Sequel Trilogy and the story fell apart.

Also the directing talent is huge when working with Dave and Jon.

Rogue One worked because it linked directly with one line from the ANH crawl. But even without George it worked because it had a great and simple story that came from old war movies.

Even as much as people dislike the PT, the overarching story through that whole thing was really good, especially when it came to the fall of the republic.
I wonder how often in these meetings that Lucas proposes lightsaber battles on cliffs or groups of racist singing/dancing tribes people that just get shut down. They must have to hire specific staff members who's sole job is to manage Lucas' ideas.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #393
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I wonder how often in these meetings that Lucas proposes lightsaber battles on cliffs or groups of racist singing/dancing tribes people that just get shut down. They must have to hire specific staff members who's sole job is to manage Lucas' ideas.

LOL now you're being mean.

I remember watching a show that showed the meetings, and George was great at bringing elements together in the lore that made sense, and was actually really good in his character stories.

And Dave always still had the final say, and remember he also had that guy that's the keeper of the Holocron that works for Disney.

Old 09-15-2020, 04:26 PM   #394
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

In the making of doc on Disney+ (which if you haven't watched yet, go watch it!) they talk about how the actors really enjoyed having an actual puppet on set to work with, instead of a green block or someone's hand wearing a to be CG rendered glove. Combined with the 'real' VFX screen, all the actors comment on how it makes their performance feel alive even in the process versus just what they get to see post editing.

Apparently Thor Love and Thunder, among other Marvel properties, will be using and expanding on this technology for their own productions.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:19 PM   #395
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Werner Hertzog was giving it acting lessons.

Old 10-30-2020, 01:57 AM   #396
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

SEASON TWO...

It's back!

The premiere is nearly an hour long. I wonder if that was a one-time thing for the season premiere, or if that will be the standard length for season 2?
Old 10-30-2020, 08:31 AM   #397
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

PUMPED! After watching the first episode, I can't wait for the rest! This week by week format is gonna drive me nuts again.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:10 AM   #398
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Easy, wait a few weeks and then catch up.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:15 AM   #399
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Easy, wait a few weeks and then catch up.
I don't have that kind of willpower. I am weak.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:12 PM   #400
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
I don't have that kind of willpower. I am weak.

You need to come to the dark side

Darth Bane - “The weak will always be victims. That is the way of the universe. The strong take what they want, and the weak suffer at their hands. That is their fate; it is inevitable. Only the strong survive, because only the strong deserve to.