Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-03-2022, 05:48 PM   #41
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Good question

I seldom handle litigation matters (especially lately), so any litigators out there can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but...

If the evidence of text messages and emails on his phone is relevant to an issue at trial, it should be disclosed/produced to the other party (and likely be admissible at trial), absent some claim of privilege.

If any of the text messages or emails on the phone are not relevant to an issue or are privileged, the fact that Jones' lawyers inadvertently disclosed them will not magically make them relevant or waive privilege so as the make them admissible.

I suspect this reporter does not understand the litigation process.
I'll preface this with I'm not a lawyer, but if the messages are being used to directly refute Jones's testimony on cross-examination they can enter them as evidence at that time, and don't have to disclose it beforehand, no?
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:56 PM   #42
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
For the very few who don't realize what a lunatics Alex Jones is here's a wonderful interview with Piers Morgan after Sandy Hook and when he created a petition to have Morgan deported.

If you haven't seen it, it's top entertainment

Somewhere in Britain Piers is laughing his ass off.
Well...Jones' asshattery aside...deporting Piers Morgan isnt a bad idea. Just on principle.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2022, 06:23 PM   #43
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Well...Jones' asshattery aside...deporting Piers Morgan isnt a bad idea. Just on principle.
I thought he made CNN more entertaining, it's very dull now without his type.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 07:17 PM   #44
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1554883582837096454
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 07:28 AM   #45
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Alex is mad dog who'll tear up a garden if he thinks theres a bone in it. Hes got a lot of bones, and a lot more ####ed up gardens. Alex has come up with so much hidden material that it has impacted the entire western worlds concept of their governments, media and the elites, that alex has exposed embarassed time after time. This downfall is driven by the powerful enemies hes made and by cheering against him, youre carrying a torch for the most evil and corrupt people in our society, whove spent years softening your brain to hate alex because you only consume billionaire-owned media. These billionaires dont give one hot #### about sandy hook, they just see this as a good opporunity to get rid of an extremely annoying person and they are rallying all their troops, which appear to include mostly everyone in this thread.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 07:31 AM   #46
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Alex is mad dog who'll tear up a garden if he thinks theres a bone in it. Hes got a lot of bones, and a lot more ####ed up gardens. Alex has come up with so much hidden material that it has impacted the entire western worlds concept of their governments, media and the elites, that alex has exposed embarassed time after time. This downfall is driven by the powerful enemies hes made and by cheering against him, youre carrying a torch for the most evil and corrupt people in our society, whove spent years softening your brain to hate alex because you only consume billionaire-owned media. These billionaires dont give one hot #### about sandy hook, they just see this as a good opporunity to get rid of an extremely annoying person and they are rallying all their troops, which appear to include mostly everyone in this thread.
Is this satire?
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:34 AM   #47
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Is this satire?
First time being introduced to our resident conspiracy theorist, eh?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 07:38 AM   #48
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
First time being introduced to our resident conspiracy theorist, eh?
I've seen him post before. Must have missed the sign of brainworms previously.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:43 AM   #49
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Tell me you watch Infowars without actually telling me you watch Infowars.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 07:43 AM   #50
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
See, that's why I watch CBC, becuase the billionaire owners are us. It's self rewarding, and I know I can trust me.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 07:45 AM   #51
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Easy, no need to sully the name of brainworms.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:53 AM   #52
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Welp, that's one more for the ignore list.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:57 AM   #53
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:58 AM   #54
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Mainstream media, moon landings, Epstein, etc. If I remember correctly he even lives in his mom’s basement (for real, not as some joke) so he’s really everything you want in a silly little conspiracy theorist.

Good for a laugh, at least.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 08:00 AM   #55
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Mainstream media, moon landings, Epstein, etc. If I remember correctly he even lives in his mom’s basement (for real, not as some joke) so he’s really everything you want in a silly little conspiracy theorist.

Good for a laugh, at least.
If you aren't a FMOTL/sovereign citizen conspiracy theorist, you just aren't my kind of conspiracy theorist.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:14 AM   #56
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Remember when people had the ability to discern that the outlandish claims in Weekly World News were just entertainment?

But Bat Boy tho...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 08:19 AM   #57
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Even if there's value in having someone digging up counter-narratives or conspiracies as you say, you have to admit he is way over the line on this Sandy Hook stuff. Just because he snuck into some weird ritual of the rich and famous in the past doesn't give him a pass to harass parents of dead schoolchildren.
puckedoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 08:29 AM   #58
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Now do David Icke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:05 AM   #59
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Mainstream media, moon landings, Epstein, etc.
fyp
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2022, 09:06 AM   #60
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Deport, like to the Sun while tied to a rocket?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote