Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2022, 11:36 AM   #6001
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1558141338159390721
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 11:37 AM   #6002
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

WSJ reports that the FBI removed 11 sets of classified documents.

"The list includes references to one set of documents marked as “Various classified/TS/SCI documents,” an abbreviation that refers to top-secret/sensitive compartmented information. It also says agents collected four sets of top secret documents, three sets of secret documents, and three sets of confidential documents."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-rec...ws-11660324501
Old 08-12-2022, 11:37 AM   #6003
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
That channel is one of the worst things to happen to that country. I can't get over how it's brainwashing so many people. Pure garbage.
But 'Fair and Balanced' tho...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:41 AM   #6004
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Lol hardly. It’s impossible to imagine someone seriously thinking the timing of this isnt pure political. The Democrats/Liberals play themselves up as this caring group when in reality they are the most barbaric and ruthless. Please save the psycho analysis.
Unfortunately you can’t respond but I’m curious how the timing makes this seem political. I’m sure Fox News could figure out a reason to do so at any time but I don’t see why now is any different.

I don’t see how this raid could be anything but legit. It was signed off by the Trump-appointed head of the FBI and, like most cops, agents are overwhelmingly Republican. Trump already turned over 15 boxes of documents. It’s not hard to believe he hid a few. Whether he kept them as mementos, to cover his ass, or trade secrets is anyone’s guess but there’s little doubt he had them.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:42 AM   #6005
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
WSJ reports that the FBI removed 11 sets of classified documents.

"The list includes references to one set of documents marked as “Various classified/TS/SCI documents,” an abbreviation that refers to top-secret/sensitive compartmented information. It also says agents collected four sets of top secret documents, three sets of secret documents, and three sets of confidential documents."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-rec...ws-11660324501
But apparently, you can find them on your own phone, right here, right now

https://twitter.com/user/status/1558098474838671361
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedHot25 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 11:57 AM   #6006
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
That channel is one of the worst things to happen to that country. I can't get over how it's brainwashing so many people. Pure garbage.
Republican Pravda
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:28 PM   #6007
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol, the ways in which Republicans are trying to spin this are both hilarious and pathetic.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:31 PM   #6008
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Amazing. I guess that warrant was worse than they expected.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1558070160283557892
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #6009
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Lol hardly. It’s impossible to imagine someone seriously thinking the timing of this isnt pure political. The Democrats/Liberals play themselves up as this caring group when in reality they are the most barbaric and ruthless. Please save the psycho analysis.
I didn’t comment on your post at all.

Just know that you are more liberal than you otherwise would be because you read and post here.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #6010
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Unfortunately you can’t respond but I’m curious how the timing makes this seem political. I’m sure Fox News could figure out a reason to do so at any time but I don’t see why now is any different.

I don’t see how this raid could be anything but legit. It was signed off by the Trump-appointed head of the FBI and, like most cops, agents are overwhelmingly Republican. Trump already turned over 15 boxes of documents. It’s not hard to believe he hid a few. Whether he kept them as mementos, to cover his ass, or trade secrets is anyone’s guess but there’s little doubt he had them.
Of course an FBI raid on a non-descript Monday evening in August over 2 years before a federal election - which was done with zero knowledge of the public until trump told everyone - was entirely political based on this very precise timing.

I think it is pretty much useless to get any credible answer from Yoho on these questions. I don't think there is a point in engaging at this point.

Perhaps he can do what "justaguy" did and make his own thread to fill his MAGA bait.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 12:49 PM   #6011
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently briebart has published the warrant with the agents names? And fix already had it as well.

Gee, I wonder.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:19 PM   #6012
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
Apparently briebart has published the warrant with the agents names? And fix already had it as well.

Gee, I wonder.
To be fairrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... isn't Trump allowed to give the warrant to anyone he wants without a judicial ruling, it was/is the Justice department bound to confidentiality?
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:23 PM   #6013
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Someone with legal knowledge should chime in, but yes I also assume that as well - i.e. he can share if he wants toor why everyone was telling him to post it last night after his statement.

Just pretty obvious where the leaks are coming from is all.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedHot25 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 01:56 PM   #6014
Just a guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
Of course an FBI raid on a non-descript Monday evening in August over 2 years before a federal election - which was done with zero knowledge of the public until trump told everyone - was entirely political based on this very precise timing.

I think it is pretty much useless to get any credible answer from Yoho on these questions. I don't think there is a point in engaging at this point.

Perhaps he can do what "justaguy" did and make his own thread to fill his MAGA bait.
Didn't make my own thread. Photon set it up I believe.
Just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:59 PM   #6015
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
Someone with legal knowledge should chime in, but yes I also assume that as well - i.e. he can share if he wants toor why everyone was telling him to post it last night after his statement.

Just pretty obvious where the leaks are coming from is all.
Yes according to this video (time stamp 13:00) Trump can release his copy of the warrant. The only thing he won't have is the affidavit from the FBI that lists the probable cause for the warrant. His copy of the warrant would just list the properties being searched and what is expected to be found.

sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 02:12 PM   #6016
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a guy View Post
Didn't make my own thread. Photon set it up I believe.

Thanks Photon!

No, really, thanks.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2022, 02:16 PM   #6017
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

The mental picture of that pig in handcuffs is enough to get me to climax. Seeing a career crook finally get their comeuppance would be so delightful
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 02:30 PM   #6018
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default American Politics 3.0 - Back to Brunch

No real China thread I found and given West Taiwan and it’s military gets discussed here a lot - posting here

PEOPLE WIN WARS: A 2022 REALITY CHECK ON PLA ENLISTED FORCE AND RELATED MATTERS

Quote:
Conclusion

The changes to how the PLA manages its enlisted force lead to two noticeable benefits. In the short term, personnel readiness levels, especially in conscript-heavy units like PLA Army combined arms brigades and most marine and airborne units, noticeably improved because of the reforms to the conscription cycle. One potential problem is that this new cycle leaves potential troughs in personnel readiness in late spring, which also happens to be the optimal time of year to conduct amphibious operations in the Taiwan Strait, and late fall. This, however, can be solved by a circumstance-driven extension of service, as has been done in the past at the end of the once-a-year conscription cycle. Furthermore, if the PLA’s efforts to improve its NCO corps management system bear fruit, improvements to the proficiency of its enlisted force will slowly emerge over time.

But such changes also bring short and long-term uncertainties. The revisions to the conscription cycle potentially overloads local military recruitment offices and open the door for more corruption. Potential NCO force-management policies may not pan out, leading to stagnation within the NCO corps. Lastly, long-term economic and social prospects in China could drive the overall quality of new PLA personnel downward by prompting a further loosening standards for induction.

In the next five years leading to the centennial anniversary of the founding of the PLA, the development of military personnel remains a critical benchmark affecting Xi’s key military decisions. Two days before Aug. 1, Xi called on the PLA to “overcome outstanding contradictions and problems restricting the military’s personnel work and for innovation in talent cultivation, including deepening the military academy reform, and innovating military human resource management.” Much remains to be accomplished.

Whether stated explicitly or implicitly, Xi and the senior Chinese military leadership agree that fixing the PLA’s people problems is at the core of increasing the force’s combat readiness and becoming a world-class military. Due in part to social factors beyond their control, the timeline to solve the personnel management challenge is decades or a generation in the future, not years. However, the PLA may not have decades or a generation. There is always the chance that the Chinese Communist Party, possibly reacting to external actors’ behaviors or political messaging, feels the need to use force to reverse perceived threats to national sovereignty or security interests before the PLA fully resolves its personnel management issues. In this case, the PLA will have little choice but to fight with the force it has.
https://warontherocks.com/2022/08/pe...lated-matters/
Old 08-12-2022, 02:38 PM   #6019
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Search warrant posted

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/12/polit...ago/index.html
Old 08-12-2022, 02:58 PM   #6020
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Things must not be good if stuff like this is being put forward...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1557908442345529345
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedHot25 For This Useful Post: