Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2022, 06:40 PM   #4521
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post

Never change and keep your posting style.
Thanks! You too my man!

But if you want to talk about resilience, you gotta give the trophy to iggy_oi, nothing rattles that dude, and he drives the chuds crazy like no one else I've seen (well, maybe Fuzz and Pepsi free haha!)
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 06:46 PM   #4522
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Thanks! You too my man!

But if you want to talk about resilience, you gotta give the trophy to iggy_oi, nothing rattles that dude, and he drives the chuds crazy like no one else I've seen (well, maybe Fuzz and Pepsi free haha!)
The three of them know their stuff and you can't bull#### them. Can't say if I ever won an argument with those guys
Old 11-30-2022, 06:47 PM   #4523
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Idk, Sliver is definitely right, especially looking back at that old thread. I said UCP would “be alright” and I feel embarrassed. You’d have to be a grade A loser to have voted for them and not want to apologize to everyone for being an idiot lol.

Quote:
Thanks! You too my man!

It’s incredibly easy because there are so many chuds. Iggy is definitely the best of us though. A+ poster.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 07:09 PM   #4524
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
There is something about anonymity and politics that turns somewhat normal people on CP into grade "A" #######s. Nobody should ever have to endure the vitriol that was sent your way. Disagree if you must but leave the personal crap out of it.

Never change and keep your posting style.
This is so true.

Also, #### you.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 07:49 PM   #4525
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The vitriol I recieved back then was nothing short of extraordinary. Basically the bulk of my Ignore list came from that thread. I had people following me into other threads too. Even had to provide one poster how to recognize cyberbullying after he wished death upon me. That's not healthy for anyone on CP or in general.

I don't know what it is with CP'ers that have NameNumbers as their name format but they certainly get angry. Among others, of course.

But I've been here on CP for 20 years, and nothing will change my perspectives and posting style. I plan to be here for a very long time
Oh i just noticed the_only_sean_chu_fan is gone. Too bad. His stuff was seriously entertaining. He like legit lost it on me when I called Rempel voters lemmings like it was the N-word or something. haha
Old 11-30-2022, 08:27 PM   #4526
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I’m not sure your question makes sense here. Because this is voters criticizing voters. So if your question is should Conservative voters criticize NDP voters for voting NDP because of say the royalty review or the PPA screw up I would say no.
If people want to say I told you so because they ended up being right, go ahead. Pointing out every little thing they got wrong is a little tiring because every party gets things wrong.

Anyone who voted for Kenney and the UCP simply wasn't paying attention, or chose to ignore all the signs. I'm not going to follow some arbitrary rule because people can't admit they got it wrong. The wild rose were awful, and they joined up with a terrible person in Jason Kenney, and that wasn't a secret.

Were there many people posting about how terrible Prentice would be? I'm guessing not many in comparison to Kenney. This last time around definitely had a different feel than other elections in my opinion, mostly because it was very obvious.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:48 PM   #4527
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Look, I'm with you, and I didn't vote for them. But saying the other side knew this was a terrible idea is pretty funny. Isn't that the case for every election, ever?
As others have already eloquently said, no. Never to this extent.

I've been disappointed with a lot of election results in my lifetime, but this was the first time I worried+warned that the consequences would be truly dire, and I'm very sad that I was right.

I thought Trump was a buffoon, but I didn't think he would be such a massive disaster...I thought that shirley the checks and balances and other branches of gov't would keep things somewhat normal, right?

Turns out the rules changed and common sense could no longer be relied upon. If people refused to believe it could happen here, that's still on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I’m not sure your question makes sense here. Because this is voters criticizing voters. So if your question is should Conservative voters criticize NDP voters for voting NDP because of say the royalty review or the PPA screw up I would say no.
I welcome any criticism anyone wants to lob my way for my contribution to those relatively minor blunders.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 08:51 PM   #4528
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Um, yeah, allow me to be the first to apologize for the royalty review. My bad everyone. I knew they might do it and still voted for the NDP. Major “oops” on my part.

Ok now UCP voters go.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:56 PM   #4529
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsavillian View Post
I'm rather impressed by the robust debate regarding the evil, vile concept of ... *checks notes*

subsidized daycare
Yeah - otherwise known as "redistributing wealth". Damn Commies.

I was just having a chuckle at that.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:58 PM   #4530
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Yoho, is Carson Jerema a constitutional lawyer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Probably no more so than Jason Markusoff.
So all the posts/links I have supplied in this thread, from people like Emmett MacFarlane, Duane Bratt, Jared Wesley, Lisa Young, other university law profs, etc.....don't count? Further, linking to articles that have commentary from similar people?

Thank you, Law Professor Yoho and Professor Wastedyouth. You should both look forward to your tenure soon, and getting your KC as lawyers soon, whether as constitutional experts or not...

Now onto my advice on building bridges. I am neither an architect, engineer, construction or project manager, nor do you want me anywhere near a hammer, but that said, let me tell you how to build a house. First, you pull something out of your arse, second you...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1597973186510876672

https://twitter.com/user/status/1598137305881268224

Last edited by RedHot25; 11-30-2022 at 09:13 PM.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedHot25 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 09:00 PM   #4531
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The vitriol I recieved back then was nothing short of extraordinary. Basically the bulk of my Ignore list came from that thread. I had people following me into other threads too. Even had to provide one poster how to recognize cyberbullying after he wished death upon me. That's not healthy for anyone on CP or in general.

I don't know what it is with CP'ers that have NameNumbers as their name format but they certainly get angry. Among others, of course.

But I've been here on CP for 20 years, and nothing will change my perspectives and posting style. I plan to be here for a very long time
Holy crap, I went back and flipped through some of that thread and you the amount of times you were targeted and dragged into arguments by certain posters was nuts. You were calling out stuff then that is even more accurate as of 2022, so good on you.

Don't worry, I get raged on by specific posters too when I talk about arenas and other things I want to share with CP, so I get it.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 09:09 PM   #4532
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoho View Post
hold up. She might have a leg to stand on.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1598063605550927873
https://twitter.com/user/status/1598092408562278401

Last edited by RedHot25; 11-30-2022 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:27 PM   #4533
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

But don't worry, there is a crack team on it for support!

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/it-s-a-m...line-1.6175778

Quote:
Co-Deputy Premier Nathan Neudorf also supports the act, although he admitted he hadn't read it all. He said Smith's office didn't tell him how to vote on it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedHot25 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 09:32 PM   #4534
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still struggling with the fact that Alexa Jones is our Premier.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:56 PM   #4535
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Imagine the right wing freak out if the NDP had these Bill 1 powers.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:57 PM   #4536
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

National Post and Calgary Herald will have their opinions pieces ready to go had the NDP pushed this bill through.
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:07 PM   #4537
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
They might in 6 months, fingers crossed. Hopefully they get rid of it too.

Last edited by wwkayaker; 11-30-2022 at 10:11 PM.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:14 PM   #4538
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I reached out to MLA (Klein) to express my disappointment with Bill 1, Smith, the UCP, and Jeremy Nixon himself. Nixon's response was predictably uninspired.

He says he voted yes to allow Smith to introduce Bill 1, but had not seen it until today. Okay then. No hint where he's going from here.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:18 PM   #4539
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
Even better...imagine if the devil himself Trudeau had tabled something like this.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:26 PM   #4540
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
Even better...imagine if the devil himself Trudeau had tabled something like this.
They'll dream of Trudeau-fornication.
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote