Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2021, 11:12 AM   #21
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Pigeon is basically permanent blue green algae no?
When it's not the algae, it's the high levels of fecal matter
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:45 AM   #22
nieuwy-89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I don't think there is an updated discussion for camping for camping so I will post my question here. I am thinking about booking a campsite for the long weekend. Provincial parks have sites available at Gull Lake and Pigeon Lake. Gull Lake is pretty nice and has a decent beach but I haven't been to Pigeon Lake before. Would Pigeon Lake be better than Gull Lake?
Been a while since we camped at either, but from past experience I found Gull Lake to be a better campground and a better lake for swimming.

If you have young kids and you are looking for a good central Alberta beach I recommend Buffalo Lake. Ol' MacDonald's Farm and Pellican Point campgrounds both have great beaches with nice sand and shallow water.

We also just spent 4 days in July at Crimson Lake Provincial Park and the campground and lake are beautiful. Highly recommended if you can find a spot.
nieuwy-89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:58 AM   #23
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like Gull Lake is the better choice. I'll also look into those options recommended by nieuwy-89.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:03 PM   #24
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think there is an updated discussion for camping for camping so I will post my question here. I am thinking about booking a campsite for the long weekend. Provincial parks have sites available at Gull Lake and Pigeon Lake. Gull Lake is pretty nice and has a decent beach but I haven't been to Pigeon Lake before. Would Pigeon Lake be better than Gull Lake?
Fishing is better at Pigeon but it's a little late for that - I definitely choose pigeon in the spring first half of summer.
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 04:30 PM   #25
jeffh
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieuwy-89 View Post
Been a while since we camped at either, but from past experience I found Gull Lake to be a better campground and a better lake for swimming.

If you have young kids and you are looking for a good central Alberta beach I recommend Buffalo Lake. Ol' MacDonald's Farm and Pellican Point campgrounds both have great beaches with nice sand and shallow water.

We also just spent 4 days in July at Crimson Lake Provincial Park and the campground and lake are beautiful. Highly recommended if you can find a spot.
While Crimson Lake and the surrounding area is beautiful, I found after my trip on Canada Day this year that after you step a foot into the water, you are in a nasty gross pooey goo. Beach was great, but once you go into the water all you are standing in is that nasty goo. We enjoyed the nearby Lake Cow much more. I actually thought the water temp and beach was near perfect as far as Alberta lakes go.
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:44 AM   #26
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The water at Gull Lake is absolutely beautiful this year.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:20 PM   #27
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Recently bought a couple of neat gizmos for my RV and installed them yesterday.

Flip Automatic Jack Foot:

I fataing hate cranking my jack and all the reviews on all the electric jacks are crap, so this should work perfect to cut down on spinning the jack and I won't have to worry about reliability.

Also, picked up a keypad door lock so I don't have to carry a key with me when I'm away from the trailer. I bought this one, but found it on eBay for $179 versus this price on Amazon. This will also be nice so anyone from my family can come and go without needing to find the person with the key.
How did that flip foot work out? I heard from a guy at a trailer place it was very unstable so unsure about buying it.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:21 PM   #28
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Bump to see if anyone has used a mobile RV repair guy around Calgary? I need my furnace checked out and the awning replaced. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:27 PM   #29
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
How did that flip foot work out? I heard from a guy at a trailer place it was very unstable so unsure about buying it.
Oh its terrible. Unstable. Too long. Just a bad idea overall.

It's for sale, btw. I think you'd love it!
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2022, 06:04 PM   #30
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
Bump to see if anyone has used a mobile RV repair guy around Calgary? I need my furnace checked out and the awning replaced. Thanks in advance.
Paul and his son at premier RV do great work. They have a shop off 22x by tanbridge as well as mobile

https://premierrvservice.ca/
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MacDaddy77 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2022, 07:07 PM   #31
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

DRV mobile RV repair.

https://drvmobileservice.ca/ used them to replace one of the valves to my hot water tank that was leaking.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2022, 10:53 AM   #32
DFO
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looking at Robson River campground in Mount Robson PP for the inaugural trip in our new trailer. Anyone have any feedback for that location?
DFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:49 PM   #33
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

The only suggestion I have is to perhaps try out the trailer somewhere closer first; especially if this happens to be your first trailer. Assuming your location is correct, it looks to be about 5 hours away from St. Albert. I would want to be closer for the first trip; I have even heard of some people camping in their driveway just to see how everything works.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2022, 08:50 AM   #34
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
The only suggestion I have is to perhaps try out the trailer somewhere closer first; especially if this happens to be your first trailer. Assuming your location is correct, it looks to be about 5 hours away from St. Albert. I would want to be closer for the first trip; I have even heard of some people camping in their driveway just to see how everything works.
This is pretty good advice. Anticipate several things going wrong and buffer for everything to take longer than it should. It can still be very fun, just don't plan anything that _needs_ to happen on a tight schedule.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:20 AM   #35
DFO
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Yeah my plan is to set it up at a local full service RV park and run it for a few days prior to the first trip out. Also going to Robson with some other seasoned RV'rs so that should help.
DFO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DFO For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2022, 12:47 PM   #36
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone know if there are specific rules for occupying an Alberta provincial campground in the following case.

I have a site booked for ten days over two weekends. We will check-in on our arrival date, set up our camping stuff and stay three nights. We'll head back to the city for work but leave our tent out there and come back for the final three days. Are the parks folks going to have an issue with the unoccupied site during the week? I don't see anything in the rules that states this is not allowed so I'm assuming it shouldn't be a problem. It is just easier to book the one site for ten days instead of trying to get two separate weekend reservations.
Old 04-23-2022, 02:31 PM   #37
Geraldsh
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

As long as you have paid for the site it’s yours. I wouldn’t leave much of value in the tent. In some campgrounds if you let the camp attendant know you have been called away for a few days they will keep an eye on your site for you.
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Geraldsh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2022, 10:45 PM   #38
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone have a recommendation for getting tires installed on trailer?
Looking at ordering some Maxxis' online from Maxxis.
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:07 PM   #39
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Does anyone know if there are specific rules for occupying an Alberta provincial campground in the following case.

I have a site booked for ten days over two weekends. We will check-in on our arrival date, set up our camping stuff and stay three nights. We'll head back to the city for work but leave our tent out there and come back for the final three days. Are the parks folks going to have an issue with the unoccupied site during the week? I don't see anything in the rules that states this is not allowed so I'm assuming it shouldn't be a problem. It is just easier to book the one site for ten days instead of trying to get two separate weekend reservations.
As a person trying to book a site they want, even during the week for simply 2-3 days, and striking out because of people booking massive blocks and not using them, F you. But I guess it's not against the rules is it? What a god damn waste.

Last edited by BlackArcher101; 04-26-2022 at 11:19 PM.
BlackArcher101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:15 AM   #40
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
As a person trying to book a site they want, even during the week for simply 2-3 days, and striking out because of people booking massive blocks and not using them, F you. But I guess it's not against the rules is it? What a god damn waste.
Would you like to use the site during the week when I am back in Calgary? I'm sure we can arrange something. I would even consider giving you those nights for free as I'm already eating the cost of those unused nights.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:

Tags
alberta , camping , motorhome , rving