Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2022, 12:39 AM   #1621
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
With the high price of gas, it makes me happy seeing people driving more appropriately.
Way less F-250's and fuel hogs hammering the gas pedal like it's free.
Trucks already ease off the line at intersections like it's $10/litre to get through off a stop. Now that it actually is its awful.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 09:31 AM   #1622
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
It amazes me the number of people that don't read their policy
Random stuff happens too I guess.

A few years ago, I contacted my agent to cancel coverage on a property I sold. It was gone from my insurance info dashboard and everything looked hunky dory. I remember this because I had been checking the dashboard during the pandemic for vehicle coverage refunds.

A few days ago, I was there checking things for the first time in a while and somehow I had been paying for coverage for that rental property for the last 18 months. I contacted the agent, sent in the requested info and I am waiting to hear back for a back dated adjustment. I guess something weird must have happened when I last checked the dashboard like 18 months ago and in the last 18 months, I just skimmed the paper copy they keep sending me even though the dashboard says I have opted for digital copies, so I didn't notice it return as a tiny paragraph on one of the pages.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 10:54 AM   #1623
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Accepted an offer for a job today. My top choice. Very excited.
Congratulations!
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2022, 06:30 PM   #1624
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Having a beer, barbecuing some steaks, and I can the mother of my child singing her lullabies through in her bedroom. Pretty damn good time right now.
Old 03-20-2022, 11:18 AM   #1625
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Three back to back auto races today is pretty fantastic. F1 followed by Indy followed by Nascar makes for a really good day. Indy is my favorite series and I don't necessarily enjoy Nascar too much I will put in the couch time today.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:35 AM   #1626
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

When something like this happens, it makes me happy.

The Dodgers Re-Signed Andrew Toles, Who Hasn't Played Since 2018, So He Can Have Health Insurance And Get Help For His Mental Health

http://https://www.barstoolsports.co...-mental-health
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2022, 01:38 PM   #1627
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Beating someone in chess. It's the best.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2022, 09:50 AM   #1628
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quiet Saturday morning. Coffee. Baily’s.

Zen
Old 04-09-2022, 09:53 AM   #1629
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post
Quiet Saturday morning. Coffee. Baily’s.

Zen
A Bailey's and coffee watching the snowflakes sounds good right now.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keratosis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2022, 10:49 AM   #1630
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keratosis View Post
A Bailey's and coffee watching the snowflakes sounds good right now.
There another freedom rally today?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2022, 09:20 PM   #1631
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The difference from the first couple months of weight training + high protein diet only from the outside parts of the grocery store.

It's not the little bit more muscle sticking out, but the fact that I don't feel like my body has these glaring weaknesses any more. I don't mean in looks, but just in feeling. Now it feels like my body's "homeostasis" is that of a healthy person who is capable of physical tasks at any moment without the concern of discomfort or pain. Basically how I felt by default 10 years ago when everything was running smoother.

Probably been hitting muscle groups that haven't been worked properly since well pre-pandemic (or never). The first time you damage those muscles properly the recovery time is several days with a lot of soreness, but then the recovery time seems to shorten and those parts of your body can suddenly handle weight/resistance when they couldn't handle anything initially. That's how you know you're making progress. It's nice to see.

I was having neck issues before too. Sounded like a ####ing concrete grinder. Now the neck and vertebrae feel stronger and supportive. I thought it was looking down at the phone/laptop too much messing up my alignment, but turns out it wasn't that at all. Just needed to get healthy.

Probably cut down sugar intake by 80% or more. Protein intake up about 3x. Fats primarily from nuts and seeds.

Stopped eating out of everything that came out of a box or fast food bag. My blue bins for cardboard are constantly empty now, whereas I had mountains of frozen meal boxes in them just months ago. Drastic change, for sure.

I like it though. I think I can get used to every aspect of this and it seems like one of the most worthwhile investments I've ever made.

The only thing is my body needs to sleep way more. Which has been tough. But you feel so good if you can get your 8 hours in.

It's still a process of baby steps, but the inevitable result 6-12 months down the line in doing this each day/week keep me compelled to keep going. You just have to start to be your own cheerleader and go at your own pace and find ways to make it rewarding for you, and it starts to be a really fun process that comes with greater personal pride and all the healthy benefits.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2022, 08:13 PM   #1632
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I took my wife out to Bolero tonight, for the first time since...some time pre-Covid. It was great. The food there is still amazing.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2022, 05:37 PM   #1633
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got a New Job.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 09:31 PM   #1634
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Over 60 hours of tattooing but my tattoo is finally done, all in all it took a year to complete (a few covid related breaks in there). On top of all that, my artist wants to enter it in the Calgary tattoo show!
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2022, 10:28 AM   #1635
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Over 60 hours of tattooing but my tattoo is finally done, all in all it took a year to complete (a few covid related breaks in there). On top of all that, my artist wants to enter it in the Calgary tattoo show!
If the tattoo doesn't incorporate your belly button into the artwork's butt hole I'm going to be really disappointed.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 05:31 PM   #1636
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
If the tattoo doesn't incorporate your belly button into the artwork's butt hole I'm going to be really disappointed.
It's right below my belt line and it says "if you can read this I'm having a great time"
The Following User Says Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2022, 05:50 PM   #1637
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
I’m not a tattoo person and hardly know anyone who is oddly enough. But I am really curious what drives people to start tattooing? Or to escalate to a big one such as a sleeve, leg, chest, back, or something funky, odd, etc. I’m not against tattoos or those that have them. Also am curious what something like that is gonna cost cos ~60+ hours in the chair is a lot of pain and I’m guessing over $5k??
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 06:00 PM   #1638
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Just realized I've been advertising on cp for 17 years .....man time flies.
I've met over 100 people on Calgarypuck through all my interactions in business and all the way back to the 2013 floods where I met a whole whack of the finest folks .
I've also helped people in other cities over the phone with furnace issues which is so cool when you consider how spread out we are on this forum.
This truly is one of the best places on the internet.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2022, 10:18 PM   #1639
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
I’m not a tattoo person and hardly know anyone who is oddly enough. But I am really curious what drives people to start tattooing? Or to escalate to a big one such as a sleeve, leg, chest, back, or something funky, odd, etc. I’m not against tattoos or those that have them. Also am curious what something like that is gonna cost cos ~60+ hours in the chair is a lot of pain and I’m guessing over $5k??
Hah I wish I had a better answer for "why" but it's so directly tied to the individual it can't really be answered. For me, I like looking at mine and it helps center me at times because of the images in it. Also it's something I've wanted for about 10 years and I waited to find the right artist to do it. I also started with a few smaller pieces before moving onto this big one.

There's a woman who came to the artist who did mine and asked him to tattoo one of the most disgusting things ypu can think of right onto her face. Like, something so gross it would be offensive to look at if you saw her on the street. He refused to tattoo it, it was that bad. My guess is she gets tattoos simply for shock factor.

They can also be addictive to get, the rush of getting a fresh tattoo (IMO) is similar to eating a crazy spicy meal, and afterwards you have that moment of ease where everything feels in balance. Mine is also a great conversation starter, I've actually made friends from it.

As for the money, yeah its between 5-10k and one year is a decently quick time for it. Other friends of mine with similar size tattoos have taken ~2 years.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:24 PM   #1640
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was watching some Adam Savage videos on Youtube and realized he had tattooed a ruler on his arm. I thought that was pretty cool and functional.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote