Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 04:39 PM   #11021
Phagoof
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
The other "cap dump" possibility that people think is likely in the off season but could happen now is Brodie. If you're very confident Valimaki and Stone could play this spring, then it is doable. You could probably pick up another depth D for this year as part of an Ottawa transaction, or for a low pick from somewhere else.

Assuming Kylington AND Brodie are part of a Stone deal:

Gio-Andersson
Hanifin-Hamonic
Valimaki-Stone

Is a good D group. Then pick up a number 7 from somewhere.

It's unlikely you trade your top paring d-man on a 2nd place team during the middle of a season. I don't see it happening
Old 02-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #11022
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
You lost me at including Parsons. I still think he will be an elite starting goalie when he develops.
With the Flames, the guy who has the best chance at an NHL career is never the heir apparent. It's usually the rando way down the depth chart.

Watch for Nick Schneider to emerge in 4-5 years...on another team.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:47 PM   #11023
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

It amazes me how many ppl are tossing Kylingtons name around so much in trade suggestions.

I would trade any combination of our prospects, not named Valimaki or Andersson, and any of our picks before I would consider trading Kylington.

The funny thing is we talk about trading Brodie in the offseason as well (which I'm fine with btw). The whole reason to trade Brodie is so our top 6 defence group next season is Gio, Hanifin, Hamonic, Valimaki, Andersson, Kylington.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #11024
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently Stone, Dzingel and Duchene are not in Ottawa's warm-up before tonight's game.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #11025
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCharles View Post
It amazes me how many ppl are tossing Kylingtons name around so much in trade suggestions.

I would trade any combination of our prospects, not named Valimaki or Andersson, and any of our picks before I would consider trading Kylington.

The funny thing is we talk about trading Brodie in the offseason as well (which I'm fine with btw). The whole reason to trade Brodie is so our top 6 defence group next season is Gio, Hanifin, Hamonic, Valimaki, Andersson, Kylington.
Not really. It would be nice but the Flames can always sign a cheap player to replace one of the young guys. Even Prout hasn't been that bad. Get another player like Prout at minimum $ and play them both 40sh games.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #11026
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would hate to include all 3 of Dube, Kylington, and a 1st in a trade even for Stone especially at his apparent contract ask of $10.5M+. If he was willing to sign for 7-8M per on a long term deal I could get behind putting all of that into one package for him though he is just such a perfect fit for what the team needs
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #11027
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Out: 2019 1st, 2020 2nd, Jankowski and Quine or Mangiapane

In: Mark Stone extended @ 7 x 8 (will take him to 34 years old)
The Following User Says Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #11028
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
II would trade any combination of our prospects, not named Valimaki or Andersson, and any of our picks before I would consider trading Kylington.
Of course, but none of the other prospects, outside of maybe Dube, come close to matching his value. The reason his name is being thrown around be cause he's one of the very few legitimate assets this team has to trade that others may want.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:51 PM   #11029
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Not really. It would be nice but the Flames can always sign a cheap bottom six player to replace one of the young guys. Even Prout hasn't been that bad. Get another player like Prout at minimum $ and play them both 40sh games.
I think the reason the Flames can afford to trade Brodie is because of the 4 22 and younger guys. Take one of them away it becomes harder to move Brodie but we could still go into next season with

Gio-Hamonic
Hanifin-Andersson
Valimaki-Stone

Not too bad
Old 02-21-2019, 04:51 PM   #11030
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post

If BT can pull all that off I will build a 12 foot statue of him on my front lawn.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2019, 04:54 PM   #11031
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post

There's no way Stone signs for only 8 million a year. Kane just signed for 7 million and Stone is a much better player overall. He's probably looking for 9 million at the lowest and I'd bet he comes in at 9.5 per year.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #11032
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I think the reason the Flames can afford to trade Brodie is because of the 4 22 and younger guys. Take one of them away it becomes harder to move Brodie but we could still go into next season with

Gio-Hamonic
Hanifin-Andersson
Valimaki-Stone

Not too bad
You'd have a ridiculous forward group and still a better D group than Pittsburgh has had winning cups. The x factor is goaltending. We don't have MAF or good Murray.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #11033
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
There's no way Stone signs for only 8 million a year. Kane just signed for 7 million and Stone is a much better player overall. He's probably looking for 9 million at the lowest and I'd bet he comes in at 9.5 per year.
It might require a Tkachuk bridge or shorter term contract to help keep cap down. It's not easy to do.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:57 PM   #11034
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Of course, but none of the other prospects, outside of maybe Dube, come close to matching his value. The reason his name is being thrown around be cause he's one of the very few legitimate assets this team has to trade that others may want.
I'm not trading any of the young dmen if I'm Tre..

When the cap crunch inevitably hits its going to be extremely beneficial to have 3 cheap NHL calibre dmen with upside in our top 6.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:57 PM   #11035
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I think Kylington is the guy most other teams are going to insist on. I was really unsure about him until he was called up, but I am sold on him now. He is arguably our second best prospect now, and only slightly behind Valimaki. In my opinion anyway.

If the draft was redone, I would think Kylington would have went in the mid to late first round seeing how his development has gone.

But yeah, no way would I trade him for a rental... if at all.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #11036
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

How the heck do we fit Stone and Tkachuk under the cap next season, if these rumors have legs?

Frolik out is an obvious one, Brodie too? I guess theres almost 9 million there. What about Bennett?
Old 02-21-2019, 05:00 PM   #11037
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
How the heck do we fit Stone and Tkachuk under the cap next season, if these rumors have legs?

Frolik out is an obvious one, Brodie too? I guess theres almost 9 million there. What about Bennett?
Smith and his 4.25 as well.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:01 PM   #11038
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I think Kylington is the guy most other teams are going to insist on. I was really unsure about him until he was called up, but I am sold on him now. He is arguably our second best prospect now, and only slightly behind Valimaki. In my opinion anyway.

If the draft was redone, I would think Kylington would have went in the mid to late first round seeing how his development has gone.
No deal then.

Dube, Mangiapane, our 1st and so on are all available but the 3 youngster D are off limits for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeanCharles For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2019, 05:01 PM   #11039
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:
icon57 Flames Senators Trade Proposal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Sens asking for 4 assets
For a signed Mark Stone. (retained)

Opening Bid:

Austin Czarnik
Andrew Mangiapane
2019 1st round pick (CGY)
2020 2nd round pick (CGY)

Closing Bid:

Dillon Dubé
2019 1st round pick (CGY)
2020 1st round pick (CGY)
2020 2nd round pick (CGY)

Flames recoup picks at draft for TJ Brodie, Travis Hamonic, and Michael Frolík.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:01 PM   #11040
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not trading any of the young dmen if I'm Tre..

When the cap crunch inevitably hits its going to be extremely beneficial to have 3 cheap NHL calibre dmen with upside in our top 6.
I don't disagree with you, I'm just saying that we are extremely shallow in terms of realistic tradable assets right now, and that's why his name comes up. Nobody is going to trade you anything of great value for Foo, Mangiapane or any of the other middling prospects. Personally, I'm not sure even Dube gets you that much.
Closed Thread