Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #2581
Saint Troy
First Line Centre

Exp:

So happy for Drew that he got the record in prime time, setting another record in the process. As a longtime Saints fan, we’ll never see this brilliance again, just awesome.

Saint Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Troy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #2582
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Expected to Report and play for The chiefs as per Schefter.

Not too bad really. Scare off the ####ty teams and either get claimed by the ravens or another good team that doesn’t want you going there.
Well with Ogbah and Okafor out Suggs can fill a huge need. It could be a very good fit and at this time of year it's slim pickings on the street.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:01 AM   #2583
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

I'm catching up on my athletic Bills articles and was surprised by this quote in the article

Quote:
. “I want to stop y’all real quick,” Phillips said. “This man right here, Brandon Beane, he doesn’t get enough credit, man. This is the man that put everything together, helped us out. He’s a hell of a guy, hell of a leader. Brandon Beane. That’s all I want to say.”

Beane had tears in his eyes. His face was red.
This is their GM they're talking about. This team seems to have a real tight bond. From GM down.

Bills are going to surprise some people in the playoffs this year.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:33 AM   #2584
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
I'm catching up on my athletic Bills articles and was surprised by this quote in the article

This is their GM they're talking about. This team seems to have a real tight bond. From GM down.

Bills are going to surprise some people in the playoffs this year.
Their defense is legit good, but there are still a lot of questions with them. They certainly do appear to be playing for each other and McDermott has done an outstanding job pulling it all together.

The one big thing with them is that they have had, by far, the weakest schedule in the entire league this year. We really dont know how they will look against much better competition, particularly when the stakes and pressure ramps up in January.

They played both NE and Baltimore tough however, so that is a good sign. Find out a lot about them on Saturday when they go to Foxboro.

I'm certainly cheering for them as far as AFC teams go though, and the whole "just get in and anything can happen" mantra applies in their case, as they have been so bad/mediocre the last 20 years.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:15 AM   #2585
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Their defense is legit good, but there are still a lot of questions with them. They certainly do appear to be playing for each other and McDermott has done an outstanding job pulling it all together.

The one big thing with them is that they have had, by far, the weakest schedule in the entire league this year. We really dont know how they will look against much better competition, particularly when the stakes and pressure ramps up in January.

They played both NE and Baltimore tough however, so that is a good sign. Find out a lot about them on Saturday when they go to Foxboro.

I'm certainly cheering for them as far as AFC teams go though, and the whole "just get in and anything can happen" mantra applies in their case, as they have been so bad/mediocre the last 20 years.
24th in the league.

Redskins had the weakest with 5 teams tied for second weakest.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...roughest-ride/

The bills will have issues putting up points in the playoffs, so how the D plays will be huge.

I don't seem them winning a game though.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 10:15 AM   #2586
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I think it will depend who and where the Bills play. In a cold weather game where defence and running the ball are going to come to the forefront, the Bills are well equipped to play that style of game. If they have to go into a Dome and run with a team like the Texans, I don't think they can score enough to win a shootout. That said, the AFC is looking like it's going to be the Texans, and 5 other cold weather type teams in the playoffs. But the team the Bills are most likley to play...is the Texans.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:20 AM   #2587
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I think it will depend who and where the Bills play. In a cold weather game where defence and running the ball are going to come to the forefront, the Bills are well equipped to play that style of game. If they have to go into a Dome and run with a team like the Texans, I don't think they can score enough to win a shootout. That said, the AFC is looking like it's going to be the Texans, and 5 other cold weather type teams in the playoffs. But the team the Bills are most likley to play...is the Texans.
They are almost certainly going to play Houston. Maybe Tennessee if they pull it off but I doubt it. I don't know how they will hold up against those guys.

I still have hope the Pats somehow lose the division but I doubt it.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 10:36 AM   #2588
Spuds_Buckley
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
They are almost certainly going to play Houston. Maybe Tennessee if they pull it off but I doubt it. I don't know how they will hold up against those guys.

I still have hope the Pats somehow lose the division but I doubt it.
Even if the Pats lose to the Bills, all they have to do is win against the Dolphins and they have the tiebreaker. So unless another Miami Miracle happens...
Spuds_Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #2589
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cowboys at Eagles week 16 is pretty well exactly how the NFL hoped it would work out. Unless one team absolutely dominates, I am sure the refs will manage the game so that we get some quality 4th quarter moments. Might as well call this a championship game, because either team will get spanked in the wildcard match up.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:28 PM   #2590
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I'm surprised that the NFL didn't flex out of the Bears and Chiefs game on Sunday. The Titans and Saints features 2 teams still in the playoff mix, than you have the Cowboys and Eagles tilt for the NFC East. I guess the Bears were still mathematically alive last week, and too late to move now. Unless something really weird goes down, I have to think week 17 is the 49'ers and Seahawks, unless the Titans and Texans becomes a win and you are in game. But I think that would require both teams to lose this weekend, and Pittsburgh to win to set up that scenario.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:30 PM   #2591
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Cowboys at Eagles week 16 is pretty well exactly how the NFL hoped it would work out. Unless one team absolutely dominates, I am sure the refs will manage the game so that we get some quality 4th quarter moments. Might as well call this a championship game, because either team will get spanked in the wildcard match up.
Cowboys should absolutely run away with it considering how banged up/awful the Eagles are. There's a reason this game isn't being flexed into the Sunday night slot.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #2592
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Cowboys should absolutely run away with it considering how banged up/awful the Eagles are. There's a reason this game isn't being flexed into the Sunday night slot.
I want to believe you... but I have been hurt before.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #2593
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not being flexed because FOX protected it. Unless these two were both 0-14, NBC wants that game every day of the week.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #2594
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the most hilarious scenario would be the Eagles winning this week and then choking away the division next week against the Giants.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:32 PM   #2595
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lions retaining Quinn and Patricia for next season. I think the Lions have been somewhat unlucky this season but I also don't think Patricia has shown anything that demonstrates he's going to become a top head coach in league. I'm kind of of the belief that head coaches and QBs are similar in that if they don't show you anything to make you believe they're better than league-average, you should cycle them out as quickly as possible.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ovement-sought
Old 12-18-2019, 02:32 PM   #2596
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

This looks to be a very tough week for pick'em pools.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:05 PM   #2597
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
24th in the league.

The bills will have issues putting up points in the playoffs, so how the D plays will be huge.

Weird. ESPN has them with the weakest.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff
Old 12-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #2598
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
24th in the league.

Might want to check the date on that article, dude.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2019, 06:08 PM   #2599
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Jaguars axe Coughlin after reports come out about some of the fines levied on players. So yeah the tirefire that has been the Jags does look to be a we really freaking hate Management and probably the owner as opposed to a talent issue.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #2600
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

He was going to be fired at the end of the season anyway but Khan's hand was forced when the NFLPA sent out a letter to players advising them not to sign with the Jaguars because of excessive fines and grievances. At the end of the day Coughlin is a dinosaur and it's time for him to go away.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote