Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-22-2020, 06:39 AM   #21
EastCoastFlamesFan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Trying to help this easter egg hunt as well as I'm a big fan of little details on jerseys like you are mentioning. Unfortunately, I can't find any pics of of Iggy in that particular jersey with an 'A'. I do think it would be a cool jersey non the less, if you ditched the 'A' and just went with the 'NHL2000' patch. I'm sure you could find one on Ebay.

You also probably already know this but contact the poster 'NorthStarJerseys'. He is the man, and a local Alberta guy (I think?) and will absolutely help you get this project off the ground and running. Check out his IG page as well as he does specific jobs like this all the time.

Another great jersey specific resource is http://www.nhluniforms.com/. They provide year-by-year specific jerseys down to the Pro Player logo on the bottom right of the jersey that the flames wore in 99-2000, http://www.nhluniforms.com/1999-2000/Flames.html

Good luck! I'll chime in if I find any additional details on this.
EastCoastFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EastCoastFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 06:57 AM   #22
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMac View Post
Unfortunately, not the pedestal jersey.
Thats because it WASN'T the pedestal jersey, but rather the oversized C the following year

Steve Smith was the captain for the 2000-2001 seasons and suffered a concussion at the beginning of the seasons and retired as a result. Dave Lowry was then named captain in December of that season. Iginla received Lowry's A as a result

I remember this specifically because I was a stupid kid at the time and had orderd the new pro jersey from the fanaattic. I requested that they put a A on the Iginla jersey even though he wasn't the assistant. I was just a kid at the time and didn't know better. Since I was spending so much on a jersey I wanted the Atlanta A on it as well because I thought it was cool.

A little over a month into the season Smith goes down and Jarome was given the A.

Edited - maybe Jarome received it for a game during the pedestal era, as honestly I wouldn't remember, but he wasn't named assistant till after what I described.

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 01-22-2020 at 07:04 AM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:24 AM   #23
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtastic View Post
1. Fair point.
2. He actually wore #24 in the playoffs...(that's why I like it!)
I like that too, and rare #'s can be a hot commodity with jerseys like that. For a while there, a Jordan #45 Bulls jersey was a pretty cool item to have. But if dude isn't digging it then fair enough.

As a jersey snob myself, I just wanted to give kudos to your desire to be accurate. I always wanted a Nieuwy with the captain C on it, when I finally picked up a vintage white Flames jersey over a decade ago, I noticed it had the rad 1989 SCF patch on it, on the shoulder. Sadly he didn't have a C or an A back then, so I just got the name, despite my longtime desire. Gotta keep it accurate.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 07:51 AM   #24
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

Steve Smith retired Dec 7th 2000, that's when Iggy received an "A", so this was the 2000-2001 season which had ended the pedestal and introduced the Blasty jerseys. Doesn't seem like Jarome ever wore the pedestal jersey with an "A" on it.

Feb 18, 2000 - Pedestal jersey, no "A"

Mar 01, 2000 - Pedestal jersey, no "A"

Dec 7th, 2000 - Smith retires

Jan 6, 2001 - Oversize C jersey, has "A"

HalifaxDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HalifaxDrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 07:51 AM   #25
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

I think it was 2001-2002. first year with the horsehead shoulder jerseys.
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #26
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastFlamesFan View Post
Trying to help this easter egg hunt as well as I'm a big fan of little details on jerseys like you are mentioning. Unfortunately, I can't find any pics of of Iggy in that particular jersey with an 'A'. I do think it would be a cool jersey non the less, if you ditched the 'A' and just went with the 'NHL2000' patch. I'm sure you could find one on Ebay.

You also probably already know this but contact the poster 'NorthStarJerseys'. He is the man, and a local Alberta guy (I think?) and will absolutely help you get this project off the ground and running. Check out his IG page as well as he does specific jobs like this all the time.

Another great jersey specific resource is http://www.nhluniforms.com/. They provide year-by-year specific jerseys down to the Pro Player logo on the bottom right of the jersey that the flames wore in 99-2000, http://www.nhluniforms.com/1999-2000/Flames.html

Good luck! I'll chime in if I find any additional details on this.
North Star is great, they did my white CCM 2006-07 Giordano jersey. Great work. I'll be taking this one to them as well.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:33 PM   #27
Tiger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtastic View Post
1. Fair point.
2. He actually wore #24 in the playoffs...(that's why I like it!)
he wore 24 until Paul Kruse was traded in DEC the following year