Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #1041
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

Man, Impact has fallen far - they are doing a TV taping today at our local community center. If I didn't have to work, i would definitely check it out for $25, but no dice today
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:58 PM   #1042
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t get the appeal of Goldberg
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #1043
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

When he first came out, he was an outright killer, WCW ruined him when they had him start talking, and when they turned him heel.

I still remember that the other thing that wrecked him was that WCW was really loose with his undefeated streak, one week he'd be at 50 the next 47 then he'd win like 20 matches over a week when there were only three house shows.

the biggest problem was that Goldberg was incredibly green and not well trained. I still remember the Steven Regal match, when Regal took exception over being told that he should be squashed and made Goldberg look foolish.

On top of that if you read several books by other wrestlers, the problem with Goldberg was that he began to believe his own press. In Jericho's book he talked about the Jericho created feud that Goldberg wanted to kill because as he said, nobody would believe that you could ever beat me.

Now when he made his comeback he was reported to be a much easier person to get along with, and much less of a fan of himself.

Anyways, here's the Regal Goldberg match as its a must watch.

People forget that while he didn't look like it, Regal was legitimately one of the toughest guys in the busy, and had a reputation for not taking crap from anyone.

To illustrate what Regal was doing. I present the Lance Storm vs Tom La Ruffa. Basically Tom showed Lance some disrespect, and Lance taught him a pretty hard lesson starting at 12:42.

Also of note, two of the woman wrestlers, one was Tenille Dashwood and the other was Vaya Valkrye.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:07 PM   #1044
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Hey, I know KC Spinelli from that Lance Storm show; she was on the last show that I worked.

FYI: My ring announcing was way off that night, not my best work; the audio wasn't good, Pat's mic didn't pick up the sound system that well.

Also, Madison Miles from the above video has a WWE Tryout next weekend at Summerslam, might be seeing her on NXT or NXT Canada soon.

Beautiful Beaa, who is an awesome human being, is Ontario based and happened to be in the area for a few days so she got added to the card.

edit: Just realizing that I didn't give Chantal any love, I'm a big fan. Super friendly, even harder worker, and has a passion for the craft greater than most.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son

Last edited by Maritime Q-Scout; 08-06-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 08:17 PM   #1045
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Additionally,

You don't realize how sssslllllooooowwwwwwllllllyyyyyy you need to act things out in the ring.

At one point, I thought I took a minute, took a breath, shook off being flustered (all a work) and then announced the faces... nope on camera it looks like I paused for a second.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 06:57 PM   #1046
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Shayna vs Mia is a much watch match for anyone interested in seeing old time Ring Psychology.

Amazing job.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:55 PM   #1047
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

This Cole vs Gargano match is insane
Old 08-10-2019, 08:53 PM   #1048
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you saw a guy with a red Canada shirt the sequence Gargano threw Cole into the boards with the chair that was me. I was also told I was spotted when Riddle came from the crowd.

My seat was hit and miss. At times I saw things good other than pins but other times the guy in front of me or the camera men blocked my view. Those two times I got up close kind of made up for the bad though.

I got to meet Shinsuke and Corbin today. Both were cool but Corbin was more outgoing which is most likely due to English not being Shinsuke’s first language. I got to see how heavy a real title is which was cool.

I would have liked to meet more and may have had I went in smaller lines but Shinsuke was one guy I wanted to meet. I wanted to meet Aleister Black but his line was nuts and I just made Shinsuke’s at the last minute. Corbin’s was the smallest so I went with his. Some woman lost her #### when I was leaving about not meeting Black and demanded free stuff for missing out.

I thought about going tomorrow but I think I’ll pass. Today took a lot out of me standing in line and tomorrow it’s a busy day with a Jays game and then SummerSlam so I think I’ll just try and recover as much as I can in the morning.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #1049
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh and I got handed a Street Prophet cup. Many just left theirs but I thought it was a cool souvenir so I kept mine.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:40 AM   #1050
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
This Cole vs Gargano match is insane
Watched it this morning and I loved how they did it

Was basically 3 whole matches, was expecting a quick pin in the normal wrestling match, nope, then after gargano used the chair i thought he would use it a few more times and quick pin but nope

This fued doesnt have the emotion of gargano ciampa, but I'd argue the matches have been better

UE cant get called up soon enough either, I want them as a stable on raw, please dont break them up in nxt
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #1051
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Over/under of the odds Goldberg gives himself a concussion during his way to the ring?
Old 08-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #1052
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Over/under of the odds Goldberg gives himself a concussion during his way to the ring?

Heh people on another forum were amazed that he made it to the ring without bleeding.

Nattie just looked bad and behind the pace in the first match tonight, I've been saying that for a while that I really like Nattie and respect her and she'll make an excellent trainer, but the division has passed her by.

The Goldberg vs Dolph match was just a squash match for the sake of a squash match. I expect that we'll see Dolph quit once again tomorrow night since he's not really all that interested in wrestling anymore.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:21 PM   #1053
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1160707141650571264
Old 08-11-2019, 08:37 PM   #1054
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't think Rollins would win

Last edited by KelVarnsen; 08-11-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #1055
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I #### on WWE a lot here but that was a great show. That Seth/Brock match was ####ing awesome.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #1056
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Heh people on another forum were amazed that he made it to the ring without bleeding.

Nattie just looked bad and behind the pace in the first match tonight, I've been saying that for a while that I really like Nattie and respect her and she'll make an excellent trainer, but the division has passed her by.

The Goldberg vs Dolph match was just a squash match for the sake of a squash match. I expect that we'll see Dolph quit once again tomorrow night since he's not really all that interested in wrestling anymore.
My thoughts were "if anyone is built to bump for Goldberg, it's Dolph," and I was not disappointed.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:42 PM   #1057
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I #### on WWE a lot here but that was a great show. That Seth/Brock match was ####ing awesome.

The unintentional laugh of the night though.

When Dolph kept calling Goldberg back to the ring and he got destroyed, and Michael Cole screamed it didn't make sense.

In my mind, I said, yeah, the booking for this doesn't make sense.

But then again you have Goldberg that probably can't work more then 5 minutes and is a legends tourist with no story lines versus Dolph who is at the end of his career, really doesn't care, and would rather be a comedian.

Why have the match at all.

Other then that, pretty solid show. Loved the Bray entrance.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:49 PM   #1058
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The unintentional laugh of the night though.

When Dolph kept calling Goldberg back to the ring and he got destroyed, and Michael Cole screamed it didn't make sense.

In my mind, I said, yeah, the booking for this doesn't make sense.

But then again you have Goldberg that probably can't work more then 5 minutes and is a legends tourist with no story lines versus Dolph who is at the end of his career, really doesn't care, and would rather be a comedian.

Why have the match at all.

Other then that, pretty solid show. Loved the Bray entrance.
Oh Ziggler was the perfect vehicle for that. I'm not a huge Ziggler fan but he's one of those dudes you can just rely on for whatever program you put him in.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #1059
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Storm Wrestling Academy to Close Its Doors

Not sure the reason (maybe I missed it), but this might be Lance trying something new or going in a new direction. It was Western Canada's best training facility.

Personally I hope he is going to the Performance Center to help train NXT folks, although they aren't short on coaching talent as it is.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #1060
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Please dont eff up the fiend

Less needs to be more with him, and just have him dominate physically

Agreed with rube on seth and brock, was a great match, hope that ends the fued

I am guessing brock moves over to SD now, so he's there for fox launch
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote