Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2019, 07:48 AM   #1381
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
You forgot Creating Joker 2016: Throw him into Hot Topic
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2019, 12:09 AM   #1382
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Shazam was amazing. Loads of fun. Zachary Levi was superb. The kid who played his friend stole the show tho. He was hilarious and is gonna be a star imo.

It was honestly so good my biggest worry is that DC will find a way to mix this movie with the normal DC universe and ruin the #### out of it.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 04-06-2019 at 12:49 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:35 AM   #1383
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Me and my 9 year old watched the first Iron man yesterday (she wasn’t even born when it came out) we have decided to watch the important movies again to build up to end game.

Iron man
Captain America 1
Avengers 1
Winter soldier
Gotg 1
Age of Ultron
Civil war
Dr strange
Ragnorok
Infinity war.

That list look ok?
Not sure anyone cares but I’m doing this so i can keep checking my list.

Well we just finished Age of Ultron tonight. It wasn’t that bad at all. Quite enjoyed it again actually. Think we’ll drop Strange and replace with GOTG 2 only because my daughter loves them. I think she’ll be bored in strange.

Last edited by stang; 04-10-2019 at 11:19 PM.
stang is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2019, 03:01 PM   #1384
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Shazam was amazing. Loads of fun. Zachary Levi was superb. The kid who played his friend stole the show tho. He was hilarious and is gonna be a star imo.

It was honestly so good my biggest worry is that DC will find a way to mix this movie with the normal DC universe and ruin the #### out of it.

Spoiler!
DC had to legally change the name of Captain Marvel to Shazam due to legal issues with Marvel, which makes it hard because now Billy can't even say his name without changing into Shazam.

Listening to the response of this film makes my heart warm and fuzzy, I loved it but wondered if it was just because of my DC bias. Listening to most people it really is good.

Also you should really pick up Shazam by Geoff John's if you want to read some of his comics., It's only 4 issues in and the movie is very similar to it in tone and characterisation. Black Adam even looks like the Rock. The movie and any sequels take inspiration from this comic run.

Last edited by Nadal Fan; 04-06-2019 at 03:08 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #1385
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

No man, you were bang on with this one. I had such a huge smile on my face leaving the theatre.

It had that weird, outlandish feeling that Ragnarok had. The things that didn’t make sense were so awesome that I didn’t care. In fact it made it better that they played it slightly askew.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2019, 10:00 PM   #1386
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

My wife and son 2 went to Shazam today and I took son 1 to Captain Marvel. They both raved about Shazam. So much so that we're switching movies tomorrow.

Captain Marvel was good. It was a solid origin movie. Jackson and the Cat stole the show. Larsen was charming and made for a likeable hero.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:30 PM   #1387
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Just got back from Shazam. It was great. I was worried it would be too family friendly for me, but a significant portion of the movie was definitely aimed at adults.

The atmosphere of the movie was great. At times it reminded me of Tim Burton's Batman. My girlfriend really loved it. She's not a big comics person.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:55 PM   #1388
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It might be the 2-6 of rum talking but Aquaman sucks . So forced. This manta guy is laughable. I'm too believe that I feel relief that he didn't fall off a roof top of ####ing house after jumping out of a plane and laughing it off? So stupid. At least try to make this ahit believable. And so much useless footage. I skipped 30 or 40 monut s of the movie and didn't miss anything.

If you hang your hat on this tripe for saving the DC universe you ain't all there.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:35 AM   #1389
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
It might be the 2-6 of rum talking but Aquaman sucks . So forced. This manta guy is laughable. I'm too believe that I feel relief that he didn't fall off a roof top of ####ing house after jumping out of a plane and laughing it off? So stupid. At least try to make this ahit believable. And so much useless footage. I skipped 30 or 40 monut s of the movie and didn't miss anything.

If you hang your hat on this tripe for saving the DC universe you ain't all there.

Ya I watched this last week and thought it was pretty terrible. Momoa was the only likeable character in the movie, but even he went too hard on the cheese. And Black Manta has to be one of the worst villains in comic book movie history, good lord was he bad
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:50 AM   #1390
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Ya I watched this last week and thought it was pretty terrible. Momoa was the only likeable character in the movie, but even he went too hard on the cheese. And Black Manta has to be one of the worst villains in comic book movie history, good lord was he bad
Momoa was fine but even after some of the jokes I expected him to look at the camera and roll his eyes.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:09 AM   #1391
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

nm.

Last edited by djsFlames; 04-07-2019 at 01:39 AM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:44 AM   #1392
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post

The 2-6 of rum was probably the only reason you got through it.

They didnt solve the basic problem of completely subjective power levels for everyone. Sometimes things hurt and then sometimes they didnt and on and on. But overall? Holy crap was that movie 'filler.'

So much stuff that could have been cut out just to keep the pace going but that movie felt like it went on and on and on.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:33 AM   #1393
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whoo hoo looks like the Shazam sequel is moving forward already! The writer and director of the first are both expected to return, I can't wait!!

Spoiler!
Old 04-09-2019, 09:59 AM   #1394
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Whoo hoo looks like the Shazam sequel is moving forward already! The writer and director of the first are both expected to return, I can't wait!!

Spoiler!
I'm actually looking forward to seeing Shazam, after Tax Season of course, but I'm glad they nailed it.

Hey...maybe a movie that isnt dark and depressing might be the way to go?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #1395
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Think some of you may be missing the point of Aquaman. It was purposely cheesy and in a very campy tone. The power level thing is also no different than any other film. Thanos in one scene is cleaning Hulk's clock, and in others Quill and Captain America are having boxing matches with him.

Aquaman, generally, was a setup of cool action scenes.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #1396
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Think some of you may be missing the point of Aquaman. It was purposely cheesy and in a very campy tone. The power level thing is also no different than any other film. Thanos in one scene is cleaning Hulk's clock, and in others Quill and Captain America are having boxing matches with him.

Aquaman, generally, was a setup of cool action scenes.
Haven't seen Aquaman, but no, neither Quill nor Captain America box Thanos.

Quill shoots him with his guns and electric devices, and yes, hits him in the face a few times while he's unconscious. Captain America holds back his hand for like 3 seconds before getting swatted down like a bug.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:28 AM   #1397
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Haven't seen Aquaman, but no, neither Quill nor Captain America box Thanos.

Quill shoots him with his guns and electric devices, and yes, hits him in the face a few times while he's unconscious. Captain America holds back his hand for like 3 seconds before getting swatted down like a bug.
Obviously this is all comic book fun movie stuff, but in that scene with the Thanos fight, various characters of various different power levels strike Thanos, and visibly stun him. If we are sticking to strict power levels, I don't think people realize how strong character like Hulk or even Thor are in relation to guys like Spiderman, Captain America, or Iron Man.

Feel like I'm getting into a comic book guy type rant here, so I'll stop. But sometimes you just have to watch these movies and have fun. Aquaman was purely action driven.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #1398
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thor Ragnorok, Thor gets taken out with a stun gun. In Infinity War he is able to restart a dying star.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:50 AM   #1399
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't worry, this is the place for comic book guys (and girls!) lol.

For what it's worth, Spider-man is one of the stronger characters in the MCU, as far as physical strength goes. Iron Man is as durable as he can make his armour. Captain I consider to be able to be as strong as his will is, but that he has human endurance.

There are definitely moments, but I think they do a pretty good job of keeping it relatively consistent in the MCU.

The ONE thing that bugs me is the GOTG ability to seemingly fall from pretty much any distance at any speed and survive, except when Thanos tosses Gamora. I'm pretty sure she survived several longer falls in her battles with Nebula and the final battle with Ego.

EDIT: I'll agree with Thor and the star. I feel they could have had him hold the mechanism open without having him stand in front of it and everything would have been fine. That said, different things can take out different people. A bullet might not penetrate the Hulks skin, but a shock can conceivably still affect him, no? Even a small one?

Last edited by Coach; 04-09-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #1400
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is 1 weakness that every super hero has and that is logic.

You guys sure want to take the fun out of everything huh?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote