Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-15-2010, 08:52 AM   #41
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If you do have assigned seating, so don't have to go to Sportchek too early, you should go down to the ice for warm up. Section 104/105 is best and you can get up close and personal with the Flames.

Also I agree about the not getting up to go for a pee during play a hundred times during a game and PLEASE - for the sake of all that is good - don't lean forward to get a better view as you just block the people behind you - very annoying and I have yet to pluck up the courage to ask someone to sit back!

I yell 'C' as well as as 'RED' during the American anthem. I like to see the non-regular game goers jump when I yell.

Have fun, anyway.
Suzles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Suzles For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #42
Pastiche
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Don't yell out and ask how much time is left in the period with at the 1:05 mark.
Pastiche is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pastiche For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #43
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

If you are in the sport check zone there are bathrooms for the box suit guys you can use that will have 1/4 the line up of the regular rooms. Just follow the path through the bar area all the way to the end, it will seem like you are going to far, but you aren't.

There is also a beer vendor which has never been busy for me directly below those stairs. Be advised, heroin beer is not to be taken lightly. If you are not a heavy drinker stay to 1 per period max, or switch beer types.

If you think you are man enough, do 3 a period like I did at the Rangers game. But don't ask me the final score.. or what happened at cowboys after.. or how we got there.. or how I got home.. basically just forget that night because I never had a chance to remember it.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #44
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Oh ya, and if you see any Roughrider fans make sure you tell them how classless they are.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #45
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

My seasons are in the 300's so I can give you a few tips. Its true about the bathrooms, no lineups and no waiting, especially during the period. During intermission there can be small lineups initially but it dies down around half way through. The concessions on the other hand are a nightmare. Very slow with huge lineups half way down the stairs during intermission. Sometimes during the week the lineup can be very small. For a Friday night game the lineups will be huge and slow. The food at these concessions sucks anyways so you won't be missing out on anything.

I sit on the East side of the Dome so I head to the Saddle room Restaurant between periods for beer. On the West side the they have the Alumni Lounge. If you take the first flight of stairs to the landing then head into the entrance for the suits and the elevator you will find it.

Most of the food at the Dome is horrible and overpriced. The pocket dogs are good enough but the lineup can be long. The Skyline Deli is actually pretty good, I like the BBQ pork sandwich. Lineups at the Skyline Deli and Boston Pizza go pretty fast. If you want to get a Malt during intermission wait until it is almost over as the lineups are very long. Personally I try to avoid the main concourse during intermission as it is very crowded and hard to get around.

Like other posters have mentioned don't get up during play or go back to your seat during play. Up in the 300's there are no ushers at each section to keep people from going back to their seats during play. Act like you have been to a game before and know better.

If you have time after the game go to the East side of the Dome where the players leave the parking lot. Most players will pull over to sign autographs or take pictures. I would say about 30 to 45 minutes after the game. Players will trickle out for up to 2 hours after the game. Security told me that if you want to see Kipper you need to wait till 2 hours after the game normally. If you want Brian McGratton's autograph forget about it, according to security he never stops.

Have a great time and remember to not get up during game play.

Last edited by burn_baby_burn; 01-15-2010 at 09:44 AM.
burn_baby_burn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burn_baby_burn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #46
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good old Kendall and Tim up at the bleeder concession. Tim always gives me uber nachos with cheese all over the top and enough jalapeņo to kill a Mexican.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #47
SOMBRI2
First Line Centre

Exp:

if you just want popcorn or drink, go to the smaller stores just around the main concession. they dont sell beer and lineup moves along faster.

or prepare to use to whole intermission to get your food and drink because of the 'they-never-think-about-it-and-i-dont-give-you-a-damn' concession logistic.
SOMBRI2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #48
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Be sure to yell "SHOOOOOOOT!" during the powerplay, guys here are really into that!!
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flacker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #49
DrJ
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wear red. Drink beer. Get a PocketDawg in and some nacho's. Gotta try to fit a swirl malt in there if you can stomach all of that.

Most importantly - wear RED and have fun! Don't forget to be obnoxious and yell "SHOOOOT!" as loud as you can
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DrJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #50
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you take off all your clothers and jump over the glass to get onto the playing surface, DON'T slip and bang your head on the ice, knocking yourself momentarily unconscience.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #51
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

You seriously need guidance in going to a flames game? Lol.. just rip it up and do whatever the freak you want! Don't drive there it's annoying.
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #52
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
Good old Kendall and Tim up at the bleeder concession. Tim always gives me uber nachos with cheese all over the top and enough jalapeņo to kill a Mexican.
+1 and Big ups to Tim on the cheese front. He should be employee of the month.
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #53
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
Which concession in the 300's is that?
Old 01-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #54
hillspeak
Backup Goalie

Exp:

300's Season Ticket holder for over 8 years as well. If you are on the east side with the Saddleroom be sure to use the elevator when going up if you are avoiding the concourse. You simply go in the Will Call entrance and go up the elevator there.

While on the Will Call side be sure to use the complementry Coat Check. (leave a tip if you like) That way you are not carting around a parka.

If you want to head up to the concourse you can also use the Coat Check, go in the Presidents Club entrance and then about 30 feet from the door on the right is a small set of stairs that will take you to the concourse area. There will be an usher there who will deny you entrance any farther into the Pres. Club.

Saddleroom is always a good choice if you are having drinks. Even if you are going for a pop or want say a juice for a little person. They have it all and the price for a pop in there is about $2.50. Smaller cup then concessions though.

If you get to the area early enough (hour to 45 min before game) I suggest parking at the Impark Lot on 10th Ave and 3 Street on left hand sie. It is either $3 or $5. You may say that is a bit of a walk, but after the game you are walking by all the people who paid $10 - $12 and are sitting by traffic. You get into your car, turn right onto 10th and are out of the mess in about 3 minutes flat.

If eating at the dome, it does open an hour and 1/2 before game time. The Whiskey is a good option for food. They have a sample platter for 2 that could feed close to 3. My buddy and I who are not light eatters have a tough time finishing. For $23 not to shabby. The trouble is you almost have to be there right when doors open.

If you are going for Autographs, you are going to have a slim chance at getting. I would not waste my time. Iggy usually heads back about 5-6 min left in warm up and signs stuff and unless you have a kid with you it is difficult. Now I have not personally tried, but just from watching other people it is difficult.
hillspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hillspeak For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #55
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
Which concession in the 300's is that?
Sorry, I'm directionally challenged once I'm inside the Dome. If you come in the main entrance from the C-train catwalk (West entrance I believe) and head left in the main concourse, then cut into section 2xx on the corner, you have to climb a beastly set of stairs to get to the 300s. They work in the first little concession at the top of the stairs in the 300s. Tim is an older guy, probably in his 60s, and I've been getting my nachos from him for like 5 years now.

Edit: Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I have the Friday afternoon brain drain going on.

Last edited by Komskies; 01-15-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #56
narbeZ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yelling at Media/Players in the parking lot after the game is over, is almost as fun as watching the Game and drinking copious amounts of beer.

I really get a kick out of my day when Pardy walks out and I say, "David HALE?, Is that you".

In my experience though, don't wait for Kipper. The guy will never give a Autograph. Sure you can try, and wait 5 hours until hes done stretching, but likely he will just RUN out of the Dome with his Skin tight dress pants on, and blow by you 80KM/H, in his European auto.

Infact, the only decent shot you have at getting autographs if your the average calgary male hockey fan, is to bring a BEAUTY with you with a V-CUT shirt. Other then that might as well not even bother.
narbeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to narbeZ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #57
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermexico View Post
The best part about the Sportchek zone is you get your own concession and washroom up there. Typically you've got a lot less time to wait than you do down on the main concourse.
After 7 years of having season tickets in the nosebleeds, I can say that this statement is 100% false.
Unless you leave your seat before the period ends, it's MUCH quicker to go downstairs to get beer/food, than it is to wait in line up in the nosebleeds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #58
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
After 7 years of having season tickets in the nosebleeds, I can say that this statement is 100% false.
Unless you leave your seat before the period ends, it's MUCH quicker to go downstairs to get beer/food, than it is to wait in line up in the nosebleeds.
I agree, the concession up there sucks bad. Go to the Olympic lounge for a jumbo dog and nacho's with cheese. Best deal in the dome.

Bathrooms in the bleeders are the least busy in the whole building though. It's almost worth the trip up there instead of waiting in the huge lines at the concourse ones.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #59
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastiche View Post
Don't yell out and ask how much time is left in the period with at the 1:05 mark.

Exactly, you have to wait until about 1:02. If you do it at 1:05 it won't work because you'll be sitting there for 5 awkward seconds waiting for the guy to announce that there's one minute remaining.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #60
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Oh ya, and if you see any Roughrider fans make sure you tell them how classless they are.
I'm from Saskatchewan.

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote