Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

View Poll Results: Who will win the BOA?
Oilers in 4 2 0.45%
Oilers in 5 0 0%
Oilers in 6 8 1.81%
Oilers in 7 3 0.68%
Flames in 4 30 6.79%
Flames in 5 108 24.43%
Flames in 6 245 55.43%
Flames in 7 46 10.41%
Voters: 442. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2022, 02:42 PM   #461
amazing_oilers
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Hahahhahahahahahahaha. No, forward core is awful in edmonton, pulji is a 2nd liner in ur world he wouldn’t be on flames 2nd line. Kylington and tanev are better puck movers then Barrie and Bouchard any day of the week, smith is insanely shaky and can be rattled at any time. Not to mention… YOU TOOK A REBUILDING TEAM WITHOUT TWO OF THEIR BEST PLAYERS TO GAME 7!!!!!
Puljujarvi is on the Oilers 4th line Kane and Hyman are on the 2nd line...Barrie had the most points for dmen last year and Bouchard had over 40 points this year. If you think Tanev is a good puck mover your mind is gonna be blown watching the Oilers break out...
amazing_oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:47 PM   #462
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing_oilers View Post
Puljujarvi is on the Oilers 4th line Kane and Hyman are on the 2nd line...Barrie had the most points for dmen last year and Bouchard had over 40 points this year. If you think Tanev is a good puck mover your mind is gonna be blown watching the Oilers break out...

Did you keep telling yourself last night so you can sleep?
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:01 PM   #463
Five-hole
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You know some of us also watch other teams right, including the Oilers? That we've seen them break out before?
Five-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:03 PM   #464
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only thing that continually breaks out on the Oilers are pimples.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:07 PM   #465
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just 43 points for your leading D? Rasmus had 50.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:09 PM   #466
Neeper
Official CP Photographer

Exp:

I am thinking Flames in 5. Oilers win only game 3.
Neeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:09 PM   #467
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mind-blowing defensemen:

Bouchard
Barrie

That's the list
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:19 PM   #468
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You should really try watching games other than Calgary. Kulak played top 4 mins all the playoffs last year on way to the finals. Nurse is a legit top pairing dman who is very difficult to play against. Barrie and Bouchard can move the puck better than anyone on the Flames D. Ceci was excellent in the first round. I'll give you the goalie advantage but the Oilers haven't struggled to score on him since he went to Calgary. The Oilers are deeper up front and the d is closer than you think. I hope Tanev is in so McDavid can walk him on national TV.
The Leafs couldn't do it with our sloppy seconds dmen. You think the Oilers can do it with our sloppy thirds? LOL.

You better chug a few more gallons of blue koolaid before tonights game.
Old 05-18-2022, 03:30 PM   #469
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Round 2: Stanley Cup Quarter Final

Battle of Alberta

vs

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...mes-vs-oilers/
https://theathletic.com/3317178/2022...mes-vs-oilers/
https://thehockeywriters.com/flames-...2022-playoffs/
https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/calgary...view-and-pick/

All games on CBC, Sportsnet, ESPN, and TVA Sports in french.
ESPN2 will show game 3.

All times Mountain

Wednesday, May 18 at Calgary 1930h/7:30 p.m.
Friday, May 20 at Calgary 2030h/8:30 p.m.

Sunday, May 22 at Edmonton 1800h/6:00 pm
on ESPN2 instead
Tuesday, May 24 at Edmonton
1930h/7:30 p.m.

Thursday, May 26 at Calgary TBA

Saturday, May 28 at Edmonton TBA

Monday, May 30 at Calgary TBA

Oilers: 49-27-6, 104 points ​(2nd in the Pacific Division, 5th in the western conference)
Flames: 50-21-11, 111 points ​(1st in the Pacific Division, 3rd in the western conference)

Regular-season series: series tied at 2-2-0

This will be the sixth time these two teams will meet in the playoffs.

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:37 PM   #470
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
You should really try watching games other than Calgary. Kulak played top 4 mins all the playoffs last year on way to the finals. Nurse is a legit top pairing dman who is very difficult to play against. Barrie and Bouchard can move the puck better than anyone on the Flames D. Ceci was excellent in the first round. I'll give you the goalie advantage but the Oilers haven't struggled to score on him since he went to Calgary. The Oilers are deeper up front and the d is closer than you think. I hope Tanev is in so McDavid can walk him on national TV.
I've often wondered what glue really smells like can you tell me?

Barrie can't play defense, he might move the puck well, but he would be at best a bottom pairing guy on the Flames, but more likely filling in on a Michael Stone role, except any coach would be afraid of putting him on the ice while nursing a lead.

Bouchard is a nice little one way defenseman. but he's again got the defensive awareness of a rock.

Nurse on the Flames is a second pairing defenseman. On a team with a atrocious blueline like the Oilers he's a 9 million dollar top pairing guy. Nice work by Holland on that BTW.

Kulak played top 4 minutes in front of Price who carried the Habs to the Finals. He's a bottom pairing guy on the Oilers.

The Oilers aren't deeper up front. I give credit, McDavid and Draisaitl are highly elite. But lets see how Draisaitly does hobbled.

After you get by the Oilers first 2 guys, the Flames are far deeper far better defensively and have just a better overall forward group. What the Flames don't have is McDavid. But at least you know Gaudreau knows where his end of the ice is.

Mcdavid > Gaudreau absolutely
Rest of Flames forwards >> Oilers forwards
Flames Blueline >> Oilers Blueline
Markstrom (Vezina finalist) >>> Smith
Sutter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Woodcroft.

And I think I'm being generous to the Oilers.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 03:42 PM   #471
MonaTone
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Mind-blowing defensemen:

Bouchard
Barrie

That's the list
Is your mind bouchblown by a bouchbomb
MonaTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:48 PM   #472
FusionX
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Here's my crystal ball prediction:

Game 1: Close game, we take it by 1-2, Smith is decent.
Game 2: Blow out by end of 2nd for us, Smith pulled in favor of Koskinen who plays well and Oilers mount a spirited comeback but fall short.
Game 3: Genius rookie coach Woodcroft starts Koskinen who plays well, Oilers win off the back of multiple powerplay goals.
Game 4: If it ain't broke right? Starts Koskinen, we blow em out of the water and take a 3-1 lead coming home.
Game 5: Well, what to do now? Both their goalies suck again. Genius rookie coach starts Smith again, lets in a couple shaky goals, pulled in favor of Koskinen, who is promptly routed and we take it in 5.

Bank it!
FusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:57 PM   #473
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...t-1991-series/
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...lberta-legacy/
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...-be-unmatched/

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:59 PM   #474
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Ohh I've seen it. Sorry bub, wasn't that impressed.

I like that you're getting your gloating in before the first game is even played. This is so Oilers fandom to a T. Hype up to the nines before the puck is dropped and then its crickets when they inevitably dont live up to it.

We like wait to see what happens first down here, since we're mostly sane and dare I say reasonable people who don't do their analyses through rose-tinted crystal balls.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 04:01 PM   #475
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionX View Post
Here's my crystal ball prediction:

Game 1: Close game, we take it by 1-2, Smith is decent.
Game 2: Blow out by end of 2nd for us, Smith pulled in favor of Koskinen who plays well and Oilers mount a spirited comeback but fall short.
Game 3: Genius rookie coach Woodcroft starts Koskinen who plays well, Oilers win off the back of multiple powerplay goals.
Game 4: If it ain't broke right? Starts Koskinen, we blow em out of the water and take a 3-1 lead coming home.
Game 5: Well, what to do now? Both their goalies suck again. Genius rookie coach starts Smith again, lets in a couple shaky goals, pulled in favor of Koskinen, who is promptly routed and we take it in 5.

Bank it!

Game 1 - Calgary starts slow, Markstrom holds them in it. In the second period the Flames pick up the pace and muscule the Oilers all over the ice. Smith lets in a stinker and glares at Nurse. Flames win 4-1 with an en
Game 2 - Smith goes for a wander and lets in a stinker again, exchanges words with Nurse. Drasaitl goes for a cheap spear on Tkachuk, who dodges it. Drasaitl's ankle literally explodes. McDavid starts his transformation to hobo. Flames win 2-1. McDavid shows leadership by leaving the ice before anyone else and ignoring Woodcroft.
Game 3 - The Oilers win 3-1, the hype train in Edmonton explodes. Of particular note. Smith lets in a goal that's tipped off on Nurse. The glare comes out.
Game 4 - The Oilers come out fat and lazy. Smith see's 5 goals pumped by him in the first 5 minutes. He loses it and jumps Nurse slamming his head into the ice. In a sad moment poolparty chokes when he jams his tongue up his nose chasing the elusive mother load. McDavid glares at his team mates. Kane is on the phone with his bookie betting against the Oilers. Koskinen comes in and the Flames pump 8 goals high glove side. Calgary 13 Oilers 1 (late goal and Mcdavid celebrates like he won the Stanley Cup. when his team mates go to hug him he screams "Don't touch me losers this is my highlight reel"
Game 5 - Skinner starts and his mocked as the Dome faithful chants SKIIINNNER. Smith is in the pressbox. A puck goes in off of Nurse and Smith hits a flying elbow off of the pressbox onto Nurse. McDavid scores in the first, but the Flames fire 6 by Skinner in the second. McDavid taps Draisaitl on the shoulder and says "lets go", and they leave. A stunned Woodcroft calls his mom and she hangs up on him. Flames 16 Oilers 2

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 04:11 PM   #476
FusionX
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Game 1 - Calgary starts slow, Markstrom holds them in it. In the second period the Flames pick up the pace and muscule the Oilers all over the ice. Smith lets in a stinker and glares at Nurse. Flames win 4-1 with an en
Game 2 - Smith goes for a wander and lets in a stinker again, exchanges words with Nurse. Drasaitl goes for a cheap spear on Tkachuk, who dodges it. Drasaitl's ankle literally explodes. McDavid starts his transformation to hobo. Flames win 2-1. McDavid shows leadership by leaving the ice before anyone else and ignoring Woodcroft.
Game 3 - The Oilers win 3-1, the hype train in Edmonton explodes. Of particular note. Smith lets in a goal that's tipped off on Nurse. The glare comes out.
Game 4 - The Oilers come out fat and lazy. Smith see's 5 goals pumped by him in the first 5 minutes. He loses it and jumps Nurse slamming his head into the ice. In a sad moment poolparty chokes when he jams his tongue up his nose chasing the elusive mother load. McDavid glares at his team mates. Kane is on the phone with his bookie betting against the Oilers. Koskinen comes in and the Flames pump 8 goals high glove side. Calgary 13 Oilers 1 (late goal and Mcdavid celebrates like he won the Stanley Cup. when his team mates go to hug him he screams "Don't touch me losers this is my highlight reel"
Game 5 - Skinner starts and his mocked as the Dome faithful chants SKIIINNNER. Smith is in the pressbox. A puck goes in off of Nurse and Smith hits a flying elbow off of the pressbox onto Nurse. McDavid scores in the first, but the Flames fire 6 by Skinner in the second. McDavid taps Draisaitl on the shoulder and says "lets go", and they leave. A stunned Woodcroft calls his mom and she hangs up on him. Flames 16 Oilers 2
I like your version more.
FusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:14 PM   #477
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Who's Nurse gonna head butt though?
Old 05-18-2022, 04:17 PM   #478
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Ohh I've seen it. Sorry bub, wasn't that impressed.

I like that you're getting your gloating in before the first game is even played. This is so Oilers fandom to a T. Hype up to the nines before the puck is dropped and then its crickets when they inevitably dont live up to it.

We like wait to see what happens first down here, since we're mostly sane and dare I say reasonable people who don't do their analyses through rose-tinted crystal balls.
General Zad holds the blueline. The faster you come at him the harder he puts you on your ass.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:26 PM   #479
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I've often wondered what glue really smells like can you tell me?

Barrie can't play defense, he might move the puck well, but he would be at best a bottom pairing guy on the Flames, but more likely filling in on a Michael Stone role, except any coach would be afraid of putting him on the ice while nursing a lead.

Bouchard is a nice little one way defenseman. but he's again got the defensive awareness of a rock.

Nurse on the Flames is a second pairing defenseman. On a team with a atrocious blueline like the Oilers he's a 9 million dollar top pairing guy. Nice work by Holland on that BTW.

Kulak played top 4 minutes in front of Price who carried the Habs to the Finals. He's a bottom pairing guy on the Oilers.

The Oilers aren't deeper up front. I give credit, McDavid and Draisaitl are highly elite. But lets see how Draisaitly does hobbled.

After you get by the Oilers first 2 guys, the Flames are far deeper far better defensively and have just a better overall forward group. What the Flames don't have is McDavid. But at least you know Gaudreau knows where his end of the ice is.

Mcdavid > Gaudreau absolutely
Rest of Flames forwards >> Oilers forwards
Flames Blueline >> Oilers Blueline
Markstrom (Vezina finalist) >>> Smith
Sutter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Woodcroft.

And I think I'm being generous to the Oilers.
You can even add Leon > Matthew

(Obviously completely overlooking 200ft play)

Its a modest edge in the top two but then Calgary owns just about every other match up on paper.

But again, that's on paper. On the ice.. I have no idea, we will just have to find out. But you'd be nuts not to give an edge to the Flames depth outright.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 05:13 PM   #480
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
"a generational player playing the best hockey anyone has ever seen"

Put your phone down and go outside and play with the other children.
Bobby Orr

Last edited by calgaryred; 05-18-2022 at 05:29 PM.
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote