Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2022, 02:16 PM   #3241
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've never understood these people. Anyone who it's going to fool doesn't care anyway, and anyone who knows what it means knows it's fake and that you look like an idiot.

Why do it?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 06:26 PM   #3242
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

If it had an RS7 badge I wouldn’t have given it a second look. I don’t know enough about Audis to tell if that is legit but I’ve never seen one like this. Seems pointless.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:57 PM   #3243
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw a couple new cars ripping around my neighbourhood today; a Hyundai Ioniq 5 and a Kia EV6. That Kia is a spectacular looking car.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 07:53 AM   #3244
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

New DeLorean Alpha5 EV

https://delorean.com/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2022, 08:03 AM   #3245
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Like the wheels(going to be a rough ride on those low profiles though) and the back end. Too bad they didn't keep more of the iconic face of the original. Also, those doors are utterly massive looking at the side view with the doors closed.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:42 AM   #3246
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Was it the F type Jag, the A7 Audi or the doesitreallymatterwhatmodelcarrera Porsche that first had that tail design? I think it was the F type, but boy did it ever set it a style trend that has been used on everything for years.
Old 05-30-2022, 08:43 AM   #3247
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I'm getting Ford Probe vibes from the side view.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2022, 08:54 AM   #3248
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's nice enough I guess, but it has that generic electric car look that could be from any of 10 different brands. I was expecting to be underwhelmed compared to the original, and it delivered.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:56 AM   #3249
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really want an electric car to come out that just looks like a normal car. That's not bad but all EV's from major brands are ugly imo
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2022, 09:01 AM   #3250
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I really want an electric car to come out that just looks like a normal car. That's not bad but all EV's from major brands are ugly imo
The Lighting looks like a normal truck. The Rivian isn't too far out there. The Mustang Mach-E, Ioniq, Bolt, most Tesla's...all look fairly normal. I think they are getting there.
Old 05-30-2022, 11:38 AM   #3251
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Volvo XC40 / C40 look pretty much identical to their petrol counterparts, save for the closed body-colour grille which I think looks sharp anyway.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 11:42 AM   #3252
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

we have a 2008 ford edge with a glass panel roof - part of the roof was busted today.

called ford and not surprisingly the roof panel a $3400 plus installation.

in the short term i can obviously fix the panel with some thick poly and gorilla tape; however, i am now think the vehicle structure is missing a piece so it is highly likely that the vehicle structure is questionable in a roll over situation.

we have started an insurance claim; however, i suspect that they will write the vehicle off; but has anyone had any luck with somehow fixing these panels? i was thinking perhaps a piece of plexiglass; however, i can see lots of problems with fit, water leakage etc - but at the end of the day vehicle structure is critical and likely a safety issue
Old 05-30-2022, 11:50 AM   #3253
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The RS e-tron GT and the Taycan are incredibly attractive cars.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2022, 12:05 PM   #3254
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
we have a 2008 ford edge with a glass panel roof - part of the roof was busted today.

in the short term i can obviously fix the panel with some thick poly and gorilla tape; however, i am now think the vehicle structure is missing a piece so it is highly likely that the vehicle structure is questionable in a roll over situation.

we have started an insurance claim; however, i suspect that they will write the vehicle off; but has anyone had any luck with somehow fixing these panels? i was thinking perhaps a piece of plexiglass; however, i can see lots of problems with fit, water leakage etc - but at the end of the day vehicle structure is critical and likely a safety issue
Do 3rd party places do this kind of thing, like a windshield shop?
Old 05-30-2022, 01:06 PM   #3255
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

https://autorecyclers.ca/parts-locator/

Lots on here even a couple in calgary for under 600$
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 01:10 PM   #3256
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I wouldn't worry about the structural integrity. Ford is not relying on a movable, breakable glass panel for that. All your structure is built into the pillars and supports around the glass, not the glass itself. Consider how that glass would act in the event of a collision that stressed the component - the glass shatters out and the vehicle body does its thing.

Not that that makes having a taped poly roof any more fun, just don't worry about the structural integrity of the vehicle because of it.
Old 05-30-2022, 01:41 PM   #3257
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Check with Easy Autoglass in Douglas Glenn. I believe they’ve repaired a few like that, and for a lot less than the Ford dealership.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 02:02 PM   #3258
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
It's nice enough I guess, but it has that generic electric car look that could be from any of 10 different brands. I was expecting to be underwhelmed compared to the original, and it delivered.
Yeah, I agree with that. I like it, it's nice, but it is very generic-EV looking, especially the side profile. Very similar to the Polestar
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 02:15 PM   #3259
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ thanks for all the suggestions above. My son called Glassmaters near chinook and they can apparently temporarilly wrap it somehow and they apparently have a line of the glass panel; however, I may use that search tool that Speede5 linked.

We will start the process of the insurance claim and see how this all plays out.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:08 PM   #3260
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

2023 Lexus RX dropped today...

Not sure why of all the cars you'd choose to copy - that you'd chose the front end of a Civic... Baby Beluga lives....
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I-Hate-Hulse For This Useful Post: