Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 02:13 PM   #21
ScorchyScorch
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
You mean close the gap on last place? I mean the Flames are 2 points ahead of Columbus for last place. Sure we have games at hand but come on... I know anything is possible but this team hasn't shown they have the horses to even keep up. And we just lost our PP quarterback....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ScorchyScorch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #22
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Third line = gritty. Ferland and Jones have more talent than Stajan is used to getting on the wings. Jones maybe can also get out of his slump.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:21 PM   #23
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't think the whole PP quarterback comment had to be in green text. I guess everyone's sarcasm meter is broken.

I really hope Douggie gets some serious PP time now, I think his wrister is amazing and if he gets enough space on the PP he'll start to get more points now that we've lost one of the greatest defensemen in Flames history for 20 games...YES I'm being sarcastic again!
Old 02-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #24
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You guys are underrating Wideman's ability to control the blueline on the PP. You need the poise for the head fakes, directing traffic, moving the puck under pressure, etc. things he can do. Hamilton will learn this with time but now he looks panicky and easy to pressure.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #25
ScorchyScorch
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If anything, now the PP might be at least adequate, without 2 goal Wideman unloading directly into bodies or 5 feet wide, or just making predictable passes. Only now when Bob is forced to make a PP personnel change will he realize it was needed this entire time.

Last edited by ScorchyScorch; 02-03-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #26
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canes have been playing much better than the Flames have. It'll be interesting to see if the break screwed Ramo's mojo up.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #27
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think Smid and Engelland together is smart, but I'm not the coach.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:06 PM   #28
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Probably win this game now that Wideman's suspended. 3-0 flames.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:10 PM   #29
Bandwagon In Flames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
I didn't think the whole PP quarterback comment had to be in green text. I guess everyone's sarcasm meter is broken.

I really hope Douggie gets some serious PP time now, I think his wrister is amazing and if he gets enough space on the PP he'll start to get more points now that we've lost one of the greatest defensemen in Flames history for 20 games...YES I'm being sarcastic again!
I wasn't sure if it was sarcastic or not myself. Maybe you haven't been following very closely this season. I questioned the sarcasm too coming from someone who expects Morrison to be in the NHL next season.

Honestly losing Wideman is addition by subtraction with the amount of turnovers he is guilty of. He's not producing offense and only hurting the team. The Flames have been in close games lately and hopefully they can turn it up a notch. Maybe Hudler has had the rest he's needed and more determined with all the trade talk surrounding him. I'm not going to count them out quite yet, but it's getting very close.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:39 PM   #30
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I feel like expectations are at their nadir for the past three seasons for this game. Not a lot of excitement to see the Flames back in action. Of course, this seems to be when they show up and play their best. I say they go on a four or five game run just to tease us...and then go back to what they have been the rest of the year. Unfortunate but in enough time that Treviling is not shy about making shrewd moves that set us up for next season and beyond.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #31
IGGYFORMVP
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I expect to see a fired up flames team tonight. I am sure that the ridiculous suspension on Wideman will have them pissed off. I also expect the flames to go on a bit of a run here.

I am calling a 6 - 2 flames blow out tonight. I want to see what a ticked off flames team is capable of.

P.S. If they roll over tonight I am done caring for the rest of the season.
The Following User Says Thank You to IGGYFORMVP For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #32
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

God I'm just excited that there will be something else to talk about other then this god damn Wideman suspension.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:42 PM   #33
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Carolina is tough. Despite their record, either by systems or talent, they own the best puck moving defensemen in the league. Jeff Marek was talking about it on the MvsW podcast about how Carolina completes the most passes to the neutral zone, blocks the most brutal zone passes, top 5 for all kinds of zone exits, etc. Really effective against Hartley's "bomb it forward and hope it turns into something"
Old 02-03-2016, 06:59 PM   #34
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Centre Ice channels for:
Thursday, February 3
Carolina at Calgary, 1930h Mountain
Flames feed in red

Game is on the Sportsnet One in Canada, therefore it is not on Centre Ice.

USA
Indemand - Game 3 SD Game HD3
Directv - 771 SD 771-1 HD
Dish - 575 SD 9543 HD Hopper channel 475-03

Sirius Radio-- Siri 91 (Internet 926)
XM Radio-- XM 91
SXM Radio-- SXM 91

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to hwy19man For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2016, 07:09 PM   #35
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprise tickets to the game woop woop!! Go Flames Go.

Tags
comeonboys , gtd , strongwind , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin