Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2020, 10:46 PM   #61
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some really good goal tending in an All Canadian Divison

lol Oilers
Old 10-14-2020, 10:59 PM   #62
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Some really good goal tending in an All Canadian Divison

lol Oilers
1 - Montreal: Price, Allen
2 - Calgary: Markstrom, Rittich
3 - Winnipeg: Hellebuyck, Brossoit
4 - Vancouver: Holtby, Demko
5 - Toronto: Andersen, Campbell
6 - Ottawa: Murray, Nilsson
7 - Edmonton: Smith, Koskinen

If it is in fact an All-Canadian division, I don’t think the Oilers make the playoffs.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:08 PM   #63
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Guess I’m the lone one .... but I think I rather have no season if they are only playing Canadian teams. I loved the bubble but I understand they can’t do that again.

Why? Honest question.
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:51 PM   #64
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
Why? Honest question.
Players cant be in a bubble for 4-6 months. Maybe just for playoffs.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:01 AM   #65
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Not true. You’ll have the infantry divisions, the airborne divisions, the armoured divisions...
Not likely, If a true WWIII starts there won't be an infantry or armoured division involved, it'll be airborne, navy with the odd intercontinental ballistic missile thrown in.

Run for the hills
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:40 AM   #66
Futzee
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I love this idea for one crazy season. 48 all-Canadian games, you get one 4 game home stand against each team and 4 games vs them on the road. Plan so you do two home stands back to back so you have 8 home games in a row and you could do a season with super minimal travel. I hope they can figure out lower capacity fans like NFL and MLB. Can that happen in indoor stadiums?
Futzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:17 AM   #67
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Players cant be in a bubble for 4-6 months. Maybe just for playoffs.

No, I mean why would he rather there not be any hockey.
The Following User Says Thank You to VilleN For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 07:18 AM   #68
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
If it is a 48 game season is it literally going to be 6 games against each Canadian team?

Sorry still need to read through the thread of answered already.
That would be 8 games against each team

Math is hard
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:40 AM   #69
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

They can call the Canadian division the AHL. Maybe in 2 to 3 years Toronto and Montreal and maybe Vancouver will get back into the real NHL.

The NHL goes from 32 teams to 28 unless they can find a new cities to transfer the franchises intact.

It is pretty obvious that the US will have fans in the stands at least a year or more before Canada does. The US teams will be able to afford the 81 M cap... the Canadian division teams will not.

When the Vaccine comes out the US will be distributing it to 10 of millions of Americans in the first week.

Every person that can afford a NHL season ticket will get vaccinated at their private clinic / HMO within a month of the vaccine being approved.

Canada will get their vaccines in dribs and drabs in the same way we are getting quick tests. The politicians and health workers and their families will get vaccinated and the rest can get in line behind special interest groups.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:45 AM   #70
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sorry, are you arguing NHL season ticket holders in Canada should have higher priority vaccine access over health care works who literally work with Covid paitents?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:47 AM   #71
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If we start seeing vaccines coming out, they could run this for the first have of the season, and maybe open it up for the second half. From the sounds of it we may have vaccines by then. I'm sure the NHL would be willing to pay a premium to get access. Now, whether the border opens or not at that point is the big question, but I could see a lot of pressure for them to do it for vaccinated people.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:01 AM   #72
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I'm sorry, are you arguing NHL season ticket holders in Canada should have higher priority vaccine access over health care works who literally work with Covid paitents?
That is just reality in a "single payer, single provider" medical system,

I just takes a long time to vaccinate a country when you have a very limited supply.. The politicians and families will be getting their from the private clinics who likely are sourced from the US supply like the covid tests.

The NHL players will likely get vaccinated before health care workers as they all got multiple tests that were not available to front line workers.

The NHL season ticket holders will likely get vaccinated in the US at private clinics.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:08 AM   #73
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am going to go out on a limb and make a prediction:

"The administration of the Covid vaccine will NOT result in the demise of any Canadian NHL franchises. Nor will any other Covid-related issues. No Canadian NHL franchise will cease to exist, or move to the US, within the next 5 years, or in the foreseeable future."

You can quote me, ricardodw
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:10 AM   #74
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
If we start seeing vaccines coming out, they could run this for the first have of the season, and maybe open it up for the second half. From the sounds of it we may have vaccines by then. I'm sure the NHL would be willing to pay a premium to get access. Now, whether the border opens or not at that point is the big question, but I could see a lot of pressure for them to do it for vaccinated people.
Where do you think Canada ranks on getting vaccines before the US and the EU are fully vaccinated? Countries that spent Billions and Billions getting the Vaccine developed are obviously going to have much higher priority than a country that kicked in a fraction of the $$ when the vaccines were in Phase 3 of the testing protocol.

Whoever is the US president would invoke the Defense production act to get the US vaccinated first.

40% of NHL revenue is from ticket sales. The US will have ticket sales and Canada will not.

Likely the US will open the border to the vaccinated NHL teams/groups but why would they play games in empty Canadian arenas.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:13 AM   #75
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The US border is opened now for Canadian's that can afford an airline ticket.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #76
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
Biggest downside for me would be having to listen to Quinn, Remenda, Debrusk, Garrett, Hughson, and Simpson waaayyyy to often.
They did add Cuthbert, so that wouldn't suck.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #77
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
Where do you think Canada ranks on getting vaccines before the US and the EU are fully vaccinated? Countries that spent Billions and Billions getting the Vaccine developed are obviously going to have much higher priority than a country that kicked in a fraction of the $$ when the vaccines were in Phase 3 of the testing protocol.

Whoever is the US president would invoke the Defense production act to get the US vaccinated first.

40% of NHL revenue is from ticket sales. The US will have ticket sales and Canada will not.

Likely the US will open the border to the vaccinated NHL teams/groups but why would they play games in empty Canadian arenas.
It sounds like you haven't been following any of the news. Canada has multiple contracts for vaccines from different companies. We have dumped loads of money into them for these access rights. We have shared development on some of them. I don't think there is going to be all that big a difference as to when Canada and the US have vaccines.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:24 AM   #78
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The US border is opened now for Canadian's that can afford an airline ticket.
It's not open to Americans coming to Canada. There are many restrictions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 09:30 AM   #79
Infinit47
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It sounds like you haven't been following any of the news. Canada has multiple contracts for vaccines from different companies. We have dumped loads of money into them for these access rights. We have shared development on some of them. I don't think there is going to be all that big a difference as to when Canada and the US have vaccines.
And further to this point. There is a belief that many people in the US will not want the vaccine, and so they will have surplus stockpiles they need to sell.
Infinit47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:36 AM   #80
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Canadian Division, you say?

Quote:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canad...ents-1.5734101

You were saying?