First Line Centre

Exp:

Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gundo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2020, 07:24 AM   #663
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't believe just how bad Ferrari is. I do get a little annoyed when the commentators keep talking about how fast they were last year, and saying how far they have fallen, but never ointment it was because they were cheating. Like, ya, of course the cheater car was fast.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:31 AM   #664
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Safety Car kinda ruined the race.

Wonder if Alfa will be getting a fine for the wheel coming off the car? That was almost very bad for Russell.

I can't recall a time that cars have failed to make it to the grid for mechanical issues. Is that because of the short turn around/higher frequency of the races this season?
Old 08-31-2020, 09:19 AM   #665
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not a great race to watch, despite being at Spa. Hamilton is simply better than anyone else by a country mile. It is simply amazing to watch. I dont know how he does it, but other than Rosberg bottling lightning for one season he seems to just crush his teammates. Bottas has no answer for him and you can see it sucking the life out of him.

Renault drivers and Gasly with the best performances of the day. Like DoubleK said the SC screwed Gasly on the hard tire. Giovannazi's crashes all look the same...he simply gets on the loud pedal too early/hard and snaps it around on corner exit. And I agree DoubleK, thank god for the rollhoop, that could've been disastrous for Russell (ala Senna + Massa). Danny Ric setting the fastest lap on the last lap was awesome...2 more laps and he could have caught Max (maybe).

What happened to Racing Point!?! They should have been A LOT faster, but were the slowest of the midfield teams. Both Alpha's were faster than them as well.

And poor Sainz...blown turbo/exhaust and he can't even start. Now he's facing down a stint in a horrible Ferrari. Which, I have to say, is AWESOME. I hate Ferrari. Once a cheater, always a cheater. They deserve everything bad that happens to them.

Updated Standings!!
Jayswin with another strong week and 4 correct picks, followed by Fuzz with 3. Agulati still leads, but its a 2 way race for 2nd now with Jayswin and Arsenal. Speede5 has the lead on the most correct top 10. Agulati with the lead, by A LOT, in correctly slotted picks.
Spoiler!

Last edited by FLAMESRULE; 08-31-2020 at 09:22 AM.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FLAMESRULE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2020, 09:46 AM   #666
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Agulati is a beast at picking top 10.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:50 AM   #667
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

How the heck is the FIA going to police the ban on party modes?

I think this is good for Renault vs Mercedes as Merc always seemed to have the ability to turn it up to 11. 11 being one louder than 10.....
Old 08-31-2020, 01:26 PM   #668
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Agulati is a beast at picking top 10.
Haha, Lucky more like it.

Surprised by how much racing point has fallen off though.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 03:14 PM   #669
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I can't believe just how bad Ferrari is. I do get a little annoyed when the commentators keep talking about how fast they were last year, and saying how far they have fallen, but never ointment it was because they were cheating. Like, ya, of course the cheater car was fast.
http://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/...8DdURgccz-.mp4
From this tweet:
https://twitter.com/timhauraney/stat...33512563576832
Old 09-01-2020, 01:51 AM   #670
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESRULE View Post
And poor Sainz...blown turbo/exhaust and he can't even start. Now he's facing down a stint in a horrible Ferrari. Which, I have to say, is AWESOME. I hate Ferrari. Once a cheater, always a cheater. They deserve everything bad that happens to them.
Spoiler!
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2020, 09:01 AM   #671
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus, how did I come in 2nd last year? I suck
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2020, 09:35 AM   #672
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Yeah based on my pick history I think I might be the ricardow of F1 fans. I’m clearly delusional and living in a fantasy world.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2020, 10:10 AM   #673
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Jesus, how did I come in 2nd last year? I suck
How did I win...lol. It's my irrational dislike of Stroll + Racing Point, along with faith in Leclerc + Vettel as drivers to outperform that has hurt me. Add to that faith that Bottas has his poop in a group and would push Hamilton a bit and you end up with the 3rd lowest Correct Top 10's...ugh.

And Speede5, I agree they all "cheat"...but Ferrari has always been next level at it. Couple that to the ridiculous stroke they have at FIA + F1 and I'm very happy to see them rot away in 15th.

Have it from a "source" that there secret agreement with FIA+F1 regarding the engines was that they were tricking the fuel flow sensors. Not sure if that was speculated here or not (I just hear "engine performance"). No idea why the agreement isnt public.

Last edited by FLAMESRULE; 09-01-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-01-2020, 02:41 PM   #674
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yes, there's blatant cheating and then there's interpertation and creative work arounds, which I appreciate. Even with our antiquated hobby stock cars that we run on 80's technology we still spend a ####load of time trying to find little ways to work around rules to this day.

On another note; so I thought I'd go for coffee last Sunday morning and thought maybe I could do it in Francourchamps, cause there's a ton of little cafes and bars. As soon as I crossed into Belgium there was a lit up sign on the side of the road saying F1 no access, which I expected, thinking maybe it was the track, turns out it was the whole bloody town. Lol. About 5 km out of town the police were set up and only credentials got you through, so I cruised on up to Spa for my coffee and went on a good rip through the forest on the way home. To top it off I couldn't get my F1 TV sub to work so I only got to catch a few laps near the end of the race!

So sad that Covid has taken all of this away, I got there last year for qualifying, and was just below the crash when it happened. I have been to many sporting events but F1 is just on a different level, the amount of people, the support series, the buzz outside the track. Was so looking forward to spending the whole weekend at an event.

On the plus side I have a race school booked at the Ring next week, open wheel and having to turn right and left, should be a blast.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #675
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESRULE View Post
How did I win...lol. It's my irrational dislike of Stroll + Racing Point, along with faith in Leclerc + Vettel as drivers to outperform that has hurt me. Add to that faith that Bottas has his poop in a group and would push Hamilton a bit and you end up with the 3rd lowest Correct Top 10's...ugh.

And Speede5, I agree they all "cheat"...but Ferrari has always been next level at it. Couple that to the ridiculous stroke they have at FIA + F1 and I'm very happy to see them rot away in 15th.

Have it from a "source" that there secret agreement with FIA+F1 regarding the engines was that they were tricking the fuel flow sensors. Not sure if that was speculated here or not (I just hear "engine performance"). No idea why the agreement isnt public.
Ya, the fuel flow thing was suspected. I had heard it was flexible tubing after the sensor that could expand, hold extra fuel, then let it out when needed more. So the flow would read steady, as opposed to going up and down with demand. Then when it needed extra juice it would get released past the valve slowing it, the expanded tubing would deflate, and bingo, extra fuel flow when needed. It was tough to spot because it looked like a normal fuel hose.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2020, 07:28 AM   #676
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Getting my picks in early this week

Hamilton
Verstappen
Bottas
Albon
Stroll
Ricciardo
Perez
Ocon
Gasly
Norris
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:23 AM   #677
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...n-from-f1-team
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #678
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Heard that this morning. Definitely a changing of the guard with Williams stepping out of F1. An amazing team with an illustrious history.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #679
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sad news. I've always had a soft spot for Williams going back to the JV days.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:35 AM   #680
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hamilton
Bottas
Verstappen
Norris
Albon
Stroll
Albon
Perez
Gasly
Ricciardo
Ocon

Last edited by 3thirty; 09-04-2020 at 09:03 PM.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote