Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2020, 04:05 PM   #1
username
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Old T1 General Forms

Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping the collective CP brain trust can help me. A friend of mine is trying to track down some on T1 General forms from her last few tax returns. Would anyone know where she can get these from? I've been all over CRA's site and google and haven't had any luck. Before anyone asks, no, she didn't keep copies of her returns after filing.

Thanks!
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-age...ges-years.html

If she wants a copy of what she filed she can either grab it from My Account or phone CRA and have them send out a summary.
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cSpooge For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 05:12 PM   #3
username
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSpooge View Post
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-age...ges-years.html

If she wants a copy of what she filed she can either grab it from My Account or phone CRA and have them send out a summary.
Thanks for posting this. I'll see if she's tried logging in since it is a copy of what she's filed that she needs. I appreciate you getting back to me.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:34 PM   #4
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I have a question that’s not worth a new thread.

Let say someone has always done my taxes, like an accountant, and I can’t get a hold of him and can’t find him anymore.

How do I get a copy of my previous years full T1s? All I can find on my account is what appears to be a summary (diff from NOA). And it’s in a crappy non printer friendly format. I want the full t1 as they look like when you file.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:18 PM   #5
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post

Let say someone has always done my taxes, like an accountant, and I can’t get a hold of him and can’t find him anymore.

How do I get a copy of my previous years full T1s? All I can find on my account is what appears to be a summary (diff from NOA). And it’s in a crappy non printer friendly format. I want the full t1 as they look like when you file.

If the return was filed electronically your SOL. The best you can get is the income and deductions statement. The best you can get for printer friendly is the button in my account or phoning CRA to get one.
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cSpooge For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2020, 06:51 AM   #6
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who does not keep a copy of their return? This constantly amazes me.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2020, 09:23 AM   #7
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Tons of people. It’s actually shocking. I’d say a large portion of people have no idea where their t1s are or how to find them. Same with their NOAs.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #8
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSpooge View Post
If the return was filed electronically your SOL. The best you can get is the income and deductions statement. The best you can get for printer friendly is the button in my account or phoning CRA to get one.
I've always found this strange but you're absolutely right.

CRA can get you a statement or summary but if the taxpayer or the accountant dont have a copy of the original T1 then its gone.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:22 AM   #9
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post

You are probably SOL if you try to go through the MyCRA route or the previous accountant.

BUT if it's something you really need to get your hands on, if you retained all the information used to prepare that tax filing (which is supposed to have been returned), have another accountant plug that information into a tax program and make sure the output matches the information on the NOA boxes? You're essentially re-creating the return. But something like this might be more expensive than a regular filing because you have to ensure the recreated T1 was filled in exactly as the original T1 was filled in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
Who does not keep a copy of their return? This constantly amazes me.
People move and/or put things in boxes and can't find it when someone like the bank needs this information yesterday. Garden variety forgetfulness, dementia and even sudden deaths and family have no idea where the info is is the more common one I've fielded. Basements flood, fires for destruction etc. I've heard as well.

I've heard different stories.

Older people aren't great at keeping digital copies either, but you don't really want to keep digital copies of this stuff without some serious data protection and encryption. It's pure identity theft buffet material.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote