Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2020, 12:26 PM   #2701
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1343997614560198656

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 02:28 PM   #2702
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #2703
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

This tribute show has been great. I've been tearing up the whole time, especially after the Inner Circle vs Good, the Bad and the Hungee

Last edited by CMPunk; 12-30-2020 at 07:10 PM.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:13 PM   #2704
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

This show has been awesome so far, such a good tribute to Brodie. A real tear jerker. Rowan's sign got me, that was it.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:03 PM   #2705
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I haven't really watched AEW in weeks... same for WWE or any other wrestling.

I did tune in for the Brodie Lee Tribute show.

The thing that really stood out to me was how everyone said "yeah he was a great wrestler, but..." then talked about him as a person, how he was a dad and husband first before all else, how he wanted to help those around him.

Man, that's the kind of tribute I'd want people to say about me.

Moving into 2021 be more like Jon Huber, he might have only been on the Earth for 41 years, but by all accounts he did what counts and lived those years really well doing things the right way.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2020, 09:20 PM   #2706
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 12-30-2020, 09:23 PM   #2707
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 01-04-2021, 07:02 PM   #2708
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

How is NJPW still so bad at running a functional streaming website? The reason I stopped watching was because of how garbage NJPW World is. Went to sign up tonight so I could watch Wrestle Kingdom 15 and it's just as awful as ever.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2021, 09:41 PM   #2709
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I heard it was an outstanding card.

Crunch's Raw Report. Literally got through 3 hours in 15 minutes, So many weird upsets. Riddle over the Hurt Business, Baszler loses to Brooks. No Alexa. Orton runs around insulting the veterans, Mark Henry looks like he needs a walker to move around, very sad. Oh and Drew vs Goldberg ugh. Without Bliss and the Fiend, Raw has nothing at all. Oh and Hogan the center of attention. Awful Awful Awful

Old 01-05-2021, 01:24 AM   #2710
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't watch any yet, but saw today Hogan said that many of the young guys in the locker room didn't really like him and he thinks its cause they didn't know what he did

Uh, it may be for other reasons there hulkster, maybe everything out if the ring you've done in the last 20 years? Maybe? Could it be that? Hmm
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:28 AM   #2711
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was hoping that Orton burning the fiend alive was kind of the end of him and they could retool bray

It's been a stale character for a bit, they rotate between him being a god who cant be hurt to a regular wrestler, he got a bit of a boost with the bliss stuff when that started, but that's gone nowhere and they dont seem have a plan past her in pigtails acting creepy
Old 01-05-2021, 02:39 AM   #2712
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
I was hoping that Orton burning the fiend alive was kind of the end of him and they could retool bray

It's been a stale character for a bit, they rotate between him being a god who cant be hurt to a regular wrestler, he got a bit of a boost with the bliss stuff when that started, but that's gone nowhere and they dont seem have a plan past her in pigtails acting creepy
WWE has just been awful compared to AEW to me. Just nothing compelling happening almost at all, if ever. NXT is their saving grace. They need to change it up BADLY.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #2713
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've really enjoyed the Fiend Bliss stuff, I think Bliss has been stellar in the role. However it was just weird last night, Orton comes out, says he couldn't burn her alive, then nothing, no Bliss, no fiend and Orton walks around being a ###### to all of the legends.

Hogan can't figure out why nobody liked him. That's laughable, beyond the whole racist stuff, the guy just has to have a solid reputation as somebody that isn't trustworthy and screwed over a lot of these workers actual heros.

To me the booking in WWE Smackdown and Raw is just poor with the exception of the Fiend, Hurt Business, Reigns. AEW is ok match wise, but their booking is over the top and nonsensical as well. I still really like NXT because the booking is simple and the matches are stellar.

Its almost like the wrestling business has forgotten the booking formulas that made Wrestling great. I hate you, I screwed you, lets attack each other and have a big fight. Simple and elegant.

Instead it seems like on AEW and WWE main roster that they've adopted the sketch comedy concept.

Last night on Raw Talk they had Ali, who's Retribution is a stupid angle trying to emulate Batman 3. He was seething about the fact that once again WWE booked a three hours legends show while the other workers with the company the guys pushing and breaking their bodies weren't booked or booked to look like dofuses to the Legends. It was a brilliant bit of Kayfabe.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:53 AM   #2714
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

One thing I really like about AEW is you have immediate access to their undercard. AEW Dark is a great way to soak up some of the upcoming talent (including former WWE guys getting a 2nd chance), and even Dynamite features brand new talent that just need an opportunity, including The Acclaimed, Top Flight, and the Varsity Blondes. Heck, even Preston Vance (#10) got the rub as a decent worker last week on the Brodie memorial show.

The one thing I like about AEW consistently is that they never take themselves too seriously. They look loose, appear to be having a ton of fun, and play up to the meme generation quite well. Dark Order should have been ended last year but just completely took off as one of wrestling's hottest acts in 2020, and that's in no small part to them being hilarious on BTE.

AEW has a formula that works - the "drop in, drop out" strategy without having to dedicate time. Very few storylines require commitment (and they usually seem to revolve around Cody or the Inner Circle).
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:14 PM   #2715
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I thought that they were playing up Bill Goldberg being senile when he came out to confront Drew last night and talk about him talking shyte about the veterans, even though we'd seen no such thing.

Well because of bad booking and scheduling they removed the segments of Drew talking said shyte, and just went with Goldberg's scripted promo, which made Goldberg look somewhat insane.

This right here is Russo level gorilla booking.

Old 01-05-2021, 12:28 PM   #2716
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gillberg > Goldberg
Old 01-05-2021, 02:04 PM   #2717
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIP MAN View Post
WWE has just been awful compared to AEW to me. Just nothing compelling happening almost at all, if ever. NXT is their saving grace. They need to change it up BADLY.
What is AEW evsn doing great right now though? I think both are in the same spot

What are their 3 best angles at the moment?

The only good things going in either company right now is Roman, after that I'd say Drew and Kenny are compelling guys but in uninteresting spots right now

After that, there are a few bright spots every once in awhile, but nothing stands out consistently
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2021, 03:42 PM   #2718
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bayley's brother has gone missing.

Old 01-05-2021, 11:02 PM   #2719
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Bayley's brother has gone missing.

Found:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...monday-679734/
Old 01-06-2021, 08:15 PM   #2720
CMPunk