Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-07-2021, 12:21 PM   #3881
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got Madden on gamepass as well as after years of giving EA my money I stopped last generation. I like to play strangers online and surprisingly not much has changed to the point I'm still very competitive but there was one person that was next level that I swear had the defensive formations memorized as no matter how I changed things up he would audible into a play that would beat me. I was playing checkers to his (could be a her I suppose) chess. It's hard to keep up to some of these people that play hours daily while I play a few times a week. Maybe I should start playing the other modes?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 01:12 PM   #3882
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I got Madden on gamepass as well as after years of giving EA my money I stopped last generation. I like to play strangers online and surprisingly not much has changed to the point I'm still very competitive but there was one person that was next level that I swear had the defensive formations memorized as no matter how I changed things up he would audible into a play that would beat me. I was playing checkers to his (could be a her I suppose) chess. It's hard to keep up to some of these people that play hours daily while I play a few times a week. Maybe I should start playing the other modes?
I don't play online, but you can memorize the coverages pretty easily. Some ways to switch it up is to come out in man and then audible to cover 3 or vice-versa. Pass coverage is pretty weak in general. I also stopped playing d-line and now just control the deep zone safety or MLB.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:26 PM   #3883
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Since I know a bunch of you here played and enjoyed Nier Automata, I thought I'd share some pictures of some familiar sights in the crossover with Final Fantasy XIV. Story wise, it's technically something that happens after the game. Those with more intricate knowledge of Drakengard, Nier Gestalt/Replicant and Automata probably got more out of the story than I did, but overall I really enjoyed it. Great areas, boss fights and music.

Spoiler!
Just don't expect a satisfying ending to it. It felt rushed and very anti-climatic. Was holding out hope for the weekly quests to flesh it out a bit more but they've been equally unsatisfying.
gallione11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:03 PM   #3884
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Edit: nvm figured it out

Last edited by Sainters7; 05-08-2021 at 06:12 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 03:42 PM   #3885
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Ubisoft Connect is a steaming pile of crap. Trying to play some Far Cry New Dawn, says the servers are offline and won't let me login. I click the box to go offline and it just brings me to a login screen, which doesn't work of course since they're servers shat the bed. So now I can't play my single player game I bought on Steam because of some bull#### with Ubisoft's servers

I really wish Steam would force publishers to remove their 3rd party launcher crap and only use Steam's overlay if they want to be sold there
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2021, 08:48 PM   #3886
Darkknight
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

So I've decided now that PS5 availability is going to be a nightmare even in 2022 that I may as well try and grab one while I can. For those of you that have had luck grabbing the console any suggestions as to how one would best spent their time and energy kn this hunt.
Darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:44 PM   #3887
Mathalete
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
So I've decided now that PS5 availability is going to be a nightmare even in 2022 that I may as well try and grab one while I can. For those of you that have had luck grabbing the console any suggestions as to how one would best spent their time and energy kn this hunt.
Follow @lbabinz on Twitter. He also has a discord and reddit page that can be super useful. Turn Notifications on. Wait. In the meantime, make sure all account info (including payment) is up to date on Best Buy, Amazon, Costco, WalMart, Superstore, Shoppers, The Source and TSC websites.

There seems to be about one drop per store per month and they all seem to happen around the same time.

I've had the most luck with Wal-Mart. I've been able to help 3 additional people (other than myself) get one and all but one has been from Wal-Mart. They tend to drop at midnight eastern.
Mathalete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:03 AM   #3888
Darkknight
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathalete View Post
Follow @lbabinz on Twitter. He also has a discord and reddit page that can be super useful. Turn Notifications on. Wait. In the meantime, make sure all account info (including payment) is up to date on Best Buy, Amazon, Costco, WalMart, Superstore, Shoppers, The Source and TSC websites.

There seems to be about one drop per store per month and they all seem to happen around the same time.

I've had the most luck with Wal-Mart. I've been able to help 3 additional people (other than myself) get one and all but one has been from Wal-Mart. They tend to drop at midnight eastern.
Is it highly unlikely that you'll be able to find stock in stores, have they essentially shifted to online only with the pandemic and supply limitations? I do appreciate the help thus far though.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:10 AM   #3889
Mathalete
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Is it highly unlikely that you'll be able to find stock in stores, have they essentially shifted to online only with the pandemic and supply limitations? I do appreciate the help thus far though.

It seems to be. The Source takes reservations and at times has stock. I game with a guy that called his local store and got to pick up one same day.

Other than blind luck such as that, it’s likely online only for most of this year I’m guessing. The semiconductor shortage is a good part of the reason for this shortage.
Mathalete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:15 AM   #3890
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

The key is finding one at Shoppers when you have a 20x points offer!

$188 dollars off!
Old 05-11-2021, 09:26 AM   #3891
Darkknight
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
The key is finding one at Shoppers when you have a 20x points offer!

$188 dollars off!
Is Shopper's online as well or was that just dumb luck getting one in store?
Old 05-11-2021, 09:35 AM   #3892
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:26 AM   #3893
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

FYI the 3-years of Gamepass Ultimate for $1 still works, at least if you've never had Ultimate before. I was a PC Gamepass subscriber since they first started the beta, but I let it run out this month. Then I grabbed 3 1-year Xbox Live Gold cards from Amazon for $180 total, fed them into my Xbox account, and it automatically prompted me asking if I wanted to convert it to Ultimate for $1. Now I have an Ultimate subscription that expires on May 10 2024, and effectively cut my PC Gamepass sub price in half. Even if you only use one part of the Ultimate subscription it's still worth it
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2021, 12:30 PM   #3894
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else playing Returnal? I'm getting my ass kicked as I still can't get past the first boss. At least in Dark Souls/Demon Souls, etc you could level up and save at key points. With the random equipment drops, few permanent upgrades, and no save points it's tough to make it through a run as twice when I had by best builds for the first boss I had the crappy shotgun weapon which appears to be the least optimal against this boss and when I had the better weapons I didn't have enough upgrades. Fun game though.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:16 PM   #3895
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Anyone else playing Returnal? I'm getting my ass kicked as I still can't get past the first boss. At least in Dark Souls/Demon Souls, etc you could level up and save at key points. With the random equipment drops, few permanent upgrades, and no save points it's tough to make it through a run as twice when I had by best builds for the first boss I had the crappy shotgun weapon which appears to be the least optimal against this boss and when I had the better weapons I didn't have enough upgrades. Fun game though.
Yep, it's super hard. I've got past the first boss but haven't got to the second yet. My advice if you're having trouble:

-Get as much health upgrades as possible (duh) - at least 3-4 upgrades from pick-ups and preferably the 25% boost from the store.

-The machine gun weapon -- I wouldn't even attempt it with the others. Should be at least level 3.

-Don't take any malfunctions.

-Only take parasites that are going to be immediately beneficial - i.e. assume the goal of your run is just to beat the one boss. The one I brought gave me 15% more defense

-The astronaut figurine that gives you a revive is almost a must - the time I beat him I actually didn't have to use it, but it was close
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:04 PM   #3896
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree the astronaut figure is a must but the frustrating part is that I only get that on every 2nd or 3rd run. I got the boss down to his last life twice but with the shotgun which is the worst weapon as it doesn't auto fire and spread is useless against a boss you want to keep at a distance. I think tonight is the night I take care of him as I'm simply not going to take a shotgun even if it's level 4.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:23 PM   #3897
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Double post
Old 05-11-2021, 03:24 PM   #3898
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
both, luck either way but you earn your luck sometimes...call/go online often or just wait. Eventually they will be easy to buy
Old 05-11-2021, 04:08 PM   #3899
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, disappointed in the game actually. The gameplay is difficult but no too hard. Some cool mechanics

I hate the length of the runs. Depending on skill level it can take anywhere from an hour and a half to upwards of 5 hours. Which is far too long of a session for me.

Graphics are average at best, colors are cool though.

Controls are nice and the haptic feedback is a nice add.

Not super impressed. I would give it a 6/10
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:14 PM   #3900
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Really digging Returnal so far. It's my first time playing a rouge-like so I'm not familiar with these types of games, but it is so satisfying finally beating a boss or making some progression.

I've only got to the third biome so far, but have logged just over 20 hours on the game so it is definitely difficult. Once you beat a boss you don't need to battle them again so that speeds things up in later runs, but can see why this game isn't for everyone.

Last edited by bax; 05-12-2021 at 08:55 AM.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bax For This Useful Post: