Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-13-2021, 01:17 PM   #401
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Well, there’s the small matter of what Buffalo would want. I think they want a high end forward plus a lot of other pieces, to make up for losing their high end forward.
They also only have one top 4 LHD under contract next season and have a plethora of RHed ones.

I would imagine with Reinhart also wanting out they would need a top 6 C back as their depth is pretty thin without him or Eichel in the mix.

Mittelstadt, Cozens and Eakin can battle for the middle 6 spots but do you want them as your top 3C?
SeanCharles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:25 PM   #402
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Risto also sounds like he has had enough. He said he needs to be in the playoffs next season, if not with Buffalo, then "hopefully" somewhere else.

It sounds like he will give it one more year if he absolutely has to, but that he would prefer not to.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:50 PM   #403
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I think Monahan can be persuaded to waive. He seems team friendly to me, and it’s only a two year commitment. It’s close to home for him, too, as well as his girlfriend. Under 2H by car to Brampton.
I think that is wishful thinking to say the least. Monahan has been in the league for 8 years and has tasted playoff success once when he was 20. I don’t see him wanting to go play the last 2 years on a team that is the worst organization in the league with a poor outlook for the playoffs moving forward.

When the team is trying to get rid of you then you no longer need to be friendly to that team. For a guy who is injury prone I think if he is moving on he wants to compete.

I love the trade that was proposed as I think that is a great move for the Flames I just don’t know how likely it would be considering Monahan has some say in where he can be moved
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:30 PM   #404
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Risto also sounds like he has had enough. He said he needs to be in the playoffs next season, if not with Buffalo, then "hopefully" somewhere else.

It sounds like he will give it one more year if he absolutely has to, but that he would prefer not to.
UFA in a year, so he's almost certainly gone by the TDL if not sooner. Probably tough to move before ED, but wouldn't be surprised to see him go afterwards.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:10 PM   #405
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

For me, it's a hard no when it comes to trading 1st round picks. In this case here with Jack Eichel, not saying he's a bad player but we also have a good idea of what type of player he is and now with the potential injury.

Keep the 1st rounders and use them to upgrade and improve your own team.

I don't think Eichel wants to come here anyway given what we know about him, he most likely wants to stay in the east due to travel.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote