Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-11-2017, 12:15 PM   #601
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

In the end - Jimmy isn't innocent of what he's being accused. He still broke in, still destroyed the tape and I'm assuming Chuck's plan of getting disbarred will still happen. Chuck just destroyed his professional reputation while doing it.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #602
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
In the end - Jimmy isn't innocent of what he's being accused. He still broke in, still destroyed the tape and I'm assuming Chuck's plan of getting disbarred will still happen. Chuck just destroyed his professional reputation while doing it.
There is no evidence though. Except the tape. And now Jimmy will claim he just told his crazy brother those things to calm him down.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:43 PM   #603
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
There is no evidence though. Except the tape. And now Jimmy will claim he just told his crazy brother those things to calm him down.
There was witnesses, a confession and an apology for which he is currently being accused of in the bar hearing.

Last edited by GreatWhiteEbola; 05-14-2017 at 11:52 AM.
GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:10 PM   #604
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteEbola View Post
There was witnesses, a confession and an apology for which he is currently being accused of.
There are witnesses to the break-in, and destroying the tape.

There is a confession of sorts on the tape.

However, if you take the evidence at face value:
  • Chuck was in distress, putting up space blankets to protect himself from electricity
  • Chuck electronically records Jimmy confessing (which can just as easily be interpreted as telling Chuck what he wants to hear to calm him down)
  • There is no evidence to support the confession, Jimmy doesn't say anything other than Chuck being right and he did it, but Jimmy doesn't go into detail
  • The apology isn't for doctoring documents but for the breakin and destroying the tape, which if you found out the brother you were trying to help was trying to entrap you, Jimmy's reaction is an understandable

Remember, while we the viewer may be aware that Chuck is right, the evidence presented only circumstantially points that way. In fact, the evidence presented points more to Jimmy being screwed by his brother than the other way around.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:58 PM   #605
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

He's in front of the bar for the B&E not for tampering with the Mesa Verde documents. He admitted to breaking in, destroying the tape, and he apologized for that. The witnesses, the confession, and the apology. What Weitz was missing when he said: "there is no evidence though"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post

Last edited by GreatWhiteEbola; 05-13-2017 at 10:14 PM.
GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatWhiteEbola For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #606
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jimmy had to make it about Mesa Verde, so that when he pulled the rug out from under Chuck, and left Chuck looking like a paranoid, entrapping wacko with a vendetta going back decades, and Jimmy like a caring brother doing what he had to to cater to his brothers illness, the breaking in and destroying the tape looks less like professional misconduct and more like the culmination of a family fued.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike F For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2017, 09:59 PM   #607
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Jimmy had to make it about Mesa Verde, so that when he pulled the rug out from under Chuck, and left Chuck looking like a paranoid, entrapping wacko with a vendetta going back decades, and Jimmy like a caring brother doing what he had to to cater to his brothers illness, the breaking in and destroying the tape looks less like professional misconduct and more like the culmination of a family fued.
Law Societies might impose only a fine or suspension for those things. It is the forging of documents that would concern them the most. Fraud is the kind of thing you get disbarred for. Or monkeying around with your trust account.

I'm not clear on how much is before the Benchers on the forgery.

Last edited by troutman; 05-15-2017 at 03:37 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:33 AM   #608
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

So, Saul Goodman arrives and Kim's reaction is hilarious. Taco is going to fata up Hector and be the cause of his stroke it would appear. Plus Crazy8 and Victor from BB reappear. I saw in the credits the name of actor that plays Jane's father (the air traffic controller) but I didn't see him on screen. Another great episode though. I heard there are only 4 episodes left in this season? Man, that'll suck if true.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #609
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I liked the make-up artist (drama club treasurer).

Some touching moments, built around relationships: Kim's closing argument, Mike agreeing to build playground, Chuck's ex-wife calling out Jimmy, Howard having a drink with Chuck, Jimmy trying to keep Francesca, Nacho sewing.

Loved the scene where Chuck stumbles to the pay phone.

Gus and Lydia find the laundry from BB! I always liked Lydia as a character.

Jimmy can't practice law for one year. I liked Jimmy calling up all his clients.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2017, 11:20 AM   #610
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I liked the make-up artist (drama club treasurer).

Some touching moments, built around relationships: Kim's closing argument, Mike agreeing to build playground, Chuck's ex-wife calling out Jimmy, Howard having a drink with Chuck, Jimmy trying to keep Francesca, Nacho sewing.

Loved the scene where Chuck stumbles to the pay phone.

Gus and Lydia find the laundry from BB! I always liked Lydia as a character.

Jimmy can't practice law for one year. I liked Jimmy calling up all his clients.
I liked "Good bye, Lydia."
The Following User Says Thank You to PostandIn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2017, 10:17 PM   #611
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
So, Saul Goodman arrives and Kim's reaction is hilarious. Taco is going to fata up Hector and be the cause of his stroke it would appear. Plus Crazy8 and Victor from BB reappear. I saw in the credits the name of actor that plays Jane's father (the air traffic controller) but I didn't see him on screen. Another great episode though. I heard there are only 4 episodes left in this season? Man, that'll suck if true.
In the opening credits? Mark Margolis? He plays Hector. Jane's father was played by John de Lancie (aka Q from Star Trek).
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2017, 07:42 AM   #612
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Jimmie becomes Saul Goodman while not practicing law and I assume something happens in the 12 months that makes the change permanent.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #613
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you are disbarred, what kind of activities in the legal world can you still participate in?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #614
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So what is Chuck's game here? He clearly wants to get past his "illness", but is it for himself, or so he can stick it to Jimmy without the stigma of it? Howard throws out the "Jimmy will screw up" line, which makes me think Chuck is not going to quit until his brother is ruined.

Do we also get some foreshadowing of Howard in a car accident while drinking when he says he is fine to drive?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #615
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Do we also get some foreshadowing of Howard in a car accident while drinking when he says he is fine to drive?
My wife gasped when Howard said he was fine to drive. Unless it's a red herring, it will come into play.

Gilligan is more of a Chekhov's Gun rather than Red Herring kind of guy.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:27 AM   #616
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
In the opening credits? Mark Margolis? He plays Hector. Jane's father was played by John de Lancie (aka Q from Star Trek).
Ah, okay. Thanks for sorting that out. Speaking of which, I'm amazed how young they can make him appear given that he looked oldish already in Scarface from 1983.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #617
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
My wife gasped when Howard said he was fine to drive. Unless it's a red herring, it will come into play.

Could be in a few months Howard dies and Chuck is suddenly in charge of HHM, free of his mental issues and on the warpath. Which would suck, because Howard is awesome.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #618
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post

I had the same "oh" reaction. These writers never really mention extraneous stuff just to do so.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #619
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I thought Chuck was going to report Howard to the police for drunk driving as he was pissed he wouldn't go at Jimmy anymore, and wanted him out of the picture so he could continue down that road.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #620
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Could be in a few months Howard dies and Chuck is suddenly in charge of HHM, free of his mental issues and on the warpath. Which would suck, because Howard is awesome.
He really is a great character. The actor (Patrick Fabian) does a fantastic job here as he's got a lot of layers from charming, ruthless, calculating, sincere, etc. It's starting to feel in this season that he's the only character in the show that's really a down to earth good person.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman