Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #1381
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone know how that win affected their lottery odds?
Old 10-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #1382
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
According to Oilers radio guys, going back into last season, that McDavid has been in on last 9 straight Oiler goals
When those buffoons say that stuff, do they say it like it’s a positive or a cause for concern?
The Following User Says Thank You to dieHARDflameZ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #1383
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:
Icon59 <--- and still no good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
How much does Gretz pocket from Katz for doing what appears to be effectively nothing and furthermore how many complimentary beverages does he have in his rider?

Does Roger's Place exclusively serve Gretzky wine?

Did he have to pay for his own flight from LA or did he and Katz carpool in the Private Jet? Is that considered Jet-pooling? Is there even a term for that kind of thing?

Damn, that must be one sweet gig.
He's basically a team mascot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #1384
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hahaha. Gritty vs Gretz
Old 10-14-2018, 06:36 AM   #1385
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just looked at the stat sheet from the Rangers game. They are actually keeping Bouchard on the big club and sticking him exclusively with Jason Garrison for 11 minutes of TOI, instead of allowing him to grow his game in the A. The decision making in that organization is on a whole different level.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #1386
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
Just looked at the stat sheet from the Rangers game. They are actually keeping Bouchard on the big club and sticking him exclusively with Jason Garrison for 11 minutes of TOI, instead of allowing him to grow his game in the A. The decision making in that organization is on a whole different level.

I think he goes back to juniors though doesn't he. He's on the typical 9 game tryout, nothing wrong with that, except while he's looked ok with the puck, his defensive awareness and skating aren't good right now.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 10-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #1387
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think he goes back to juniors though doesn't he. He's on the typical 9 game tryout, nothing wrong with that, except while he's looked ok with the puck, his defensive awareness and skating aren't good right now.
Yeah, juniors is probably correct, my bad. I wouldn't bet on him going back though. Benning seems to have played himself out of the lineup, and unless they call up Bear who they amazingly deemed not ready, who will they put out instead? I mean, someone will have to take the garbage minutes beside the PTO guy they had to sign because there were literally noone else left to play D...
Old 10-14-2018, 09:08 AM   #1388
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

That game against the Rangers was the perfect Oilers game IMO. Talbots stands on his head and keeps his ####ty team in the game until McDufus can bank a couple pucks off people into the net. The fact that 100% of the Oilers goals this season can be attributed to McNumbnuts tells you everything you need to know about how bad the Oilers are. McLovin maybe the best offensive player in the game, but he isn’t the most important player to that team’s success. Edmonton will go as far as Talbot can carry them. Without a superstar performance between the pipes every game, the Oilers are a lottery team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 09:23 AM   #1389
Realistic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Rangers deserved to win, Zibanejad rang two shots off posts. Talbot was extremely lucky and was badly out of position in the final minute and the Rangers failed to capitalize on that opportunity.

Coiler fans now gloating that “they” are only playing at 50% of their potential in the New York game and things are looking up, Draisaitl is a beast........

On Tuesday they will get crushed, and again on Thursday and we will see if Talbot has a big post game grin like he did yesterday, he should have been a bit more humble.

Last edited by Realistic; 10-14-2018 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-14-2018, 11:46 AM   #1390
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post
Rangers deserved to win, Zibanejad rang two shots off posts. Talbot was extremely lucky and was badly out of position in the final minute and the Rangers failed to capitalize on that opportunity.

Coiler fans now gloating that “they” are only playing at 50% of their potential in the New York game and things are looking up, Draisaitl is a beast........

On Tuesday they will get crushed, and again on Thursday and we will see if Talbot has a big post game grin like he did yesterday, he should have been a bit more humble.
I agree. They aren’t playing to their 100% potential until they start putting McDavid out there for the full 60.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #1391
goflamesgo18
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

McDavid lead the Oilers team in ice time yesterday against a bad NYR team. Played almost 25 minutes. I know this has probably happened a few times where a fwd leads team in ice time, but I cant recall any other time this has happened. Its probably going to be a regular thing this year for the oilers.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:52 PM   #1392
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflamesgo18 View Post
McDavid lead the Oilers team in ice time yesterday against a bad NYR team. Played almost 25 minutes. I know this has probably happened a few times where a fwd leads team in ice time, but I cant recall any other time this has happened. Its probably going to be a regular thing this year for the oilers.
The real question is: How long can you ride that horse?

Can McDavid play that many minutes for 82 games?

Of course he racks up a ton of points, hes on the ice more than any other player in the League!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 10-14-2018, 05:34 PM   #1393
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Perron, Schultz, Dubnyk, Petry...

...Broissoit the latest “career-resurrector” having “escaped from LA(me Edmonton)”...?

If this trend continues, the player demand for 1 YR contracts in “The Land That Hygiene Forgot” are going to skyrocket!!
Old 10-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #1394
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtastic View Post
Perron, Schultz, Dubnyk, Petry...

...Broissoit the latest “career-resurrector” having “escaped from LA(me Edmonton)”...?

If this trend continues, the player demand for 1 YR contracts in “The Land That Hygiene Forgot” are going to skyrocket!!
Don't forget Hart winner Taylor Hall!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrdonkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 05:44 PM   #1395
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
Don't forget Hart winner Taylor Hall!

Of course! How’d I forget that?

Anyhow, we could probably make an entire thread on former oilers experiencing success elsewhere...possibly a separate forum...
Old 10-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #1396
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Maybe time on ice should factor into the scoring race.

Mcdavid has a huge leg up on a lot of guys in the running with how much he is played.

Its looking like a leaf may run away with it this year though. Their guys are going to build a big cushion wuth the hot start.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #1397
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

^
Who really cares, though?

I say let him rack up huge mins and big point-totals and keep the Oilers and their fans in a constant state of apoplexy about being the worst team in the history of the NHL while simultaneously icing the “best” player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #1398
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Maybe time on ice should factor into the scoring race.

Mcdavid has a huge leg up on a lot of guys in the running with how much he is played.

Its looking like a leaf may run away with it this year though. Their guys are going to build a big cushion wuth the hot start.

Who cares? Let McDavid have his somewhat meaningless Art Ross trophies on a bottom feeding team. Means he won’t be getting anymore Hart trophies and the team won’t be getting a sniff of success. Ask any player if they’d rather be the leagues top scorer or on a team that is a consistent playoff threat.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:58 PM   #1399
metal_geek
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
The real question is: How long can you ride that horse?

Can McDavid play that many minutes for 82 games?

Of course he racks up a ton of points, hes on the ice more than any other player in the League!
Figured it out last season, he plays about 8 more 20 min games then the other teams “star” forward. So when he wins the scoring title he will basically have played 90 games to the other contenders 82.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #1400
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Brossoit looked pretty good for the jets today. He made some really nice saves, particularly on Aho when he had a breakaway, and his positioning was really sound.
Closed Thread