Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 12:54 PM   #3321
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
To be honest trading McDavid and the windfall they could get would probably save that franchise in the long-run.

Actually who am I kidding, Chiarelli would trade him for Alzner and a 1st round pick and call it bold move.
No way, would the windfall be greater than 4 first overall picks? No.

Let me remind you:

Old 11-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #3322
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Since the 2016-2017 season, Tkachuk is first with 100, McDavid second with 98, Gaudreau third with 84:
Geez, with 2 of the top 3 on that list, imagine if our powerplay was any good for all those years? We could have really made the opposition pay.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:56 PM   #3323
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
To be honest trading McDavid and the windfall they could get would probably save that franchise in the long-run.

Actually who am I kidding, Chiarelli would trade him for Alzner and a 1st round pick and call it bold move.
Any team that has the assets to do a Lindros type trade is probably pretty happy with their team right now.

You'd need the equivalent of Forsberg, Ricci, Hextall, Duchene, Huffman, Simon plus 2 picks (not even going to include the cash).

Like, is Toronto trading Matthews (Forsberg), Kadri (Ricci), Andersson (Hextall), Reilly (Duchene), etc for one guy?
Old 11-26-2018, 01:00 PM   #3324
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Any team that has the assets to do a Lindros type trade is probably pretty happy with their team right now.

You'd need the equivalent of Forsberg, Ricci, Hextall, Duchene, Huffman, Simon plus 2 picks (not even going to include the cash).

Like, is Toronto trading Matthews (Forsberg), Kadri (Ricci), Andersson (Hextall), Reilly (Duchene), etc for one guy?
I think the cap has #### canned these types of deals.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #3325
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

A deal I thought of this morning that could work out for both teams.

To Col: McDavid
To EDM: Rantanen + Avs 1st (19)+ Sens 1st (19) + Avs 1st (20)

They get a similar aged young superstar and 3 draft picks which could include 1 very high pick. Maybe the Avs could put conditions on their 2020 pick if that is too much going back to the Oil. It eliminates the issue of paying Rantanen 2-3M more per season than McKinnon and gives the Avs the 2 fastest centers in the league. Oilers build their top line around Draisaitl and Rantanen and have 3 1st rounders next draft (1-2 would be high picks).
Old 11-26-2018, 01:05 PM   #3326
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post

They get a similar aged young superstar and 3 draft picks which could include 1 very high pick. Maybe the Avs could put conditions on their 2020 pick if that is too much going back to the Oil. It eliminates the issue of paying Rantanen 2-3M more per season than McKinnon and gives the Avs the 2 fastest centers in the league. Oilers build their top line around Draisaitl and Rantanen and have 3 1st rounders next draft (1-2 would be high picks).
Heh. The Oilers are convinced that McDavid is the best player in the world. What team would trade the best player in the world?

oh yeah...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #3327
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Heh. The Oilers are convinced that McDavid is the best player in the world. What team would trade the best player in the world?

oh yeah...

"I told The Nuge, The Drake, and Der German Messier I wouldn't cry. And I'm not, I'm finally free!"

- Connor McDavid, sooner than we think...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #3328
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

oh yeah...

I am holding out hope he demands a trade. I just love that it has become a topic of discussion amongst that fanbase as they continue to suffer from horrible management
Old 11-26-2018, 01:10 PM   #3329
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yeah it's not like there's another level of benefit he can get seeing officials are calling more penalties on infraction against McDavid than any other player. It's crazy that those fans still think that McDavid isn't getting the benefit of the doubt from officials.
Not to defend them too much, but there's a lot of borderline non-calls that happen against McDavid. He's just so quick and skilled that it's hard not to get a hook or trip in when he's zooming past.

Much like us calling for penalties against Gaudreau, when you have these talented quick and shifty players that are hard to defend against teams are going to to need to take liberties that will sometimes go uncalled.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #3330
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Not this season.
So far. This season is still young.

And I dont think Chucky got full credit for all of Zack 'The Meathead' Kassian's PIMs during that last BoA but he totally should have.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 11-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #3331
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

He would have got credit for the triple roughing minors. Along with the interference from Draisaitl to start the game. So should have received four of his eleven this year from that game.

Yeah he did: http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?repo...penaltiesDrawn
Old 11-26-2018, 01:20 PM   #3332
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He would have got credit for the triple roughing minors. Along with the interference from Draisaitl to start the game. So should have received four of his eleven this year from that game.

Yeah he did: http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?repo...penaltiesDrawn
But no credit for Kassian's 10 minute misconduct? Thats 5 penalties on its own. Although that misconduct is more minutes than Kassian plays in a week....I dont know what the rules are for this.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 11-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #3333
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well the stat is minor penalties drawn.

Besides drawing a game misconduct against Kassian is a negative. Just means he won't see the ice as much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #3334
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well the stat is minor penalties drawn.

Besides drawing a game misconduct against Kassian is a negative. Just means he won't see the ice as much.
Exactly! Get that goon on the ice!

Old 11-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #3335
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but if anybody is looking for 18:10 of pure comedy, have a watch of this. You can just sense the despair and it is glorious.

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...lers-l-a-kings
Old 11-26-2018, 01:32 PM   #3336
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:

Twitter insiders: "The trade is one for one. McDavid for Karlsson."
Observers: "Erik Karlsson?"
Observers: "No, Melker"
Chiarelli: "There are TWO Karlssons?"
Old 11-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #3337
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

A team trading for McDavid isn't doing a hockey trade, they are doing a franchise trade.

There would be a bidding war amongst half the league whose attendence struggles.

But if I'm Edm I move draisaital for a stud dman

Draisaital for Doughty
Old 11-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #3338
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieHARDflameZ View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned but if anybody is looking for 18:10 of pure comedy, have a watch of this. You can just sense the despair and it is glorious.

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...lers-l-a-kings
I'm really not sure why they need the video turned on for that item - really, neither one has really put in any effort to look at the camera (or even centre it), and they've obviously not tried to dress up for a public video (I'm guessing sweatpants all 'round). That could easily just be an audio podcast. That's even before discussing the content of the piece itself; I especially love seeing the guy get up to let his dog in.

It just screams E=NG.

Last edited by sleepingmoose; 11-26-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #3339
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That isn't close to enough. I mean, Rantanen is good and all, but 3 late 1st round picks is a lot less than it sounds. Statistically, you would only expect 1 or 2 of them to become full time NHLers, and probably only 1 impact player.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:29 PM   #3340
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The Oilers would have to be really dumb not to package boat anchor(Lucic) in any deal that includes McDavid. You get the best! And, uh, this thing.
Closed Thread