Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2017, 01:34 PM   #1621
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Jagielka goal was kinda decent, De Gea definitely needs to save it and Rojo was pathetic, but tidy little finish nonetheless.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #1622
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

This Charlie Adam corner is wonderful

https://twitter.com/ChadRusty/status/849349417132060672
Old 04-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #1623
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

the Mourinho is only a defensive coach narrative is in general BS, he's had some powerhouse offensive teams

but my oh my, this United team has ZERO offensive flair, not even any creativity outside Mkhitaryan or Zlatan
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #1624
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

nice try Ashley Williams trying to pull a Suarez
Old 04-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #1625
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
but my oh my, this United team has ZERO offensive flair, not even any creativity outside Mkhitaryan or Zlatan
I wouldn't even consider them two.
That's the PL pretty much done and dusted.
Would be easy to complain about the disallowed Zlatan goal but that would be just glossing over how crap they are

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:59 PM   #1626
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

this has got to be the most unimpressive und underwhelming unbeaten run of all time
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #1627
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rashford and Martial have taken a step back somewhat predictably. With Zlatan apparently off to LA, they could be in worse shape next year without a good window. And no CL won't help so Europa has to be the focus now.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:10 PM   #1628
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

they should win that, there isnt a team left with their talent and even with the trouble scoring, they are undefeated so they arent getting beat
Old 04-04-2017, 03:33 PM   #1629
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
they should win that, there isnt a team left with their talent and even with the trouble scoring, they are undefeated so they arent getting beat
They should for sure, but the "undefeated" talk is a little questionable. Look no further than today where its a super late penalty, otherwise that streak is gone. This past weekend they failed to score against West Brom, and while they didn't lose it's hard to be impressed with that kind of performance. And really, they're undefeated for however long...unless you count the FA Cup loss a few weeks ago.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #1630
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
They should for sure, but the "undefeated" talk is a little questionable. Look no further than today where its a super late penalty, otherwise that streak is gone.
What difference does it make when the goal was scored? Also, they didn't need the penalty.

And whilst you're otherwising, why do you not mention the otherwise perfectly good disallowed goal.

As devo mentioned, the undefeated streak is underwhelming, but nothing questionable about it.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:44 PM   #1631
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
What difference does it make when the goal was scored? Also, they didn't need the penalty.

And whilst you're otherwising, why do you not mention the otherwise perfectly good disallowed goal.

As devo mentioned, the undefeated streak is underwhelming, but nothing questionable about it.
Well it doesn't "really" matter, just depends on how long they can keep that jammy streak going I guess. I mean I love the fact that they moved up to fifth and pushed Woolwich further down the table for the time being, but let's not pretend that eking out a draw in the final minutes of added time is sustainable either.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:58 PM   #1632
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
let's not pretend that eking out a draw in the final minutes of added time is sustainable either.
how is that "sustainable" talk even relevant? It's happened twice now (today, and against Stoke over 2 months ago). It's not like they equalize in injury time all the time. Plus, like Bagor said, it shouldn't have come down to this today because a perfectly legal goal was deemed offside.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #1633
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
how is that "sustainable" talk even relevant? It's happened twice now (today, and against Stoke over 2 months ago). It's not like they equalize in injury time all the time. Plus, like Bagor said, it shouldn't have come down to this today because a perfectly legal goal was deemed offside.
Yeah, you're probably right, nothing to see here. United looks fantastic.

I'm not getting into the "perfectly good goal" talk either. That just leads to goals that were counted that were offside and ought to have been called back. It's done and happens to every team. I hope that those kinds of things even out over the course of a season.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:20 PM   #1634
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'm not getting into the "perfectly good goal" talk either. That just leads to goals that were counted that were offside and ought to have been called back. It's done and happens to every team. I hope that those kinds of things even out over the course of a season.
See there you go again. Off on your own silly little sarcastic spiel.

You're not getting into the "perfectly good goal" talk but you want to get into the penalty talk. And the timing of the goal

What is your point? Because NO ONE is saying that United are a good team. NO ONE is saying that their undefeated streak is awesome. NO ONE is saying they are playing well.

What is your point?

Old 04-04-2017, 04:24 PM   #1635
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
you're way better than that man. Every United fan will tell you that they've been disappointing and underwhelming, and that they should be a lot better. But you should still be allowed to challenge views and opinions without getting that kind of sarcasm in return. "They should be a lot better" and "they equalized in the final minutes twice" are not mutually exclusive statements.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #1636
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Undefeated is undefeated, the point stands, sometimes you win a game late, sometimes you lose one late

what the undefeated streak shows, is that even though they absolutely struggle to score like a top side is, they can defend as good as anyone in the league

look at goals allowed

Spurs, Chelsea, and Man United are at 21, 23, and 24 allowed

there isnt another team in the league in the 20's

they dont lose, they have 3 losses, same as spurs and 1 less than chelsea, the reason they are in 5th is the draws

a team like that are better equipped in a 2 legged cup tie vs one that scores a ton but also cant defend

thats why I think they have a very good chance at winning
Old 04-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #1637
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree. I respect Lyon, but other than that ... IMO winning the EL has to be the priority now, and I believe it's a much more realistic target than top 4 at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2017, 07:27 PM   #1638
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I agree. I respect Lyon, but other than that ... IMO winning the EL has to be the priority now, and I believe it's a much more realistic target than top 4 at this point.
Jose has said as much already. This week determined whether top four was a priority. It isn't now. They have no choice but to put their best team on the field for Europa and rest them for Premier League matches. Give Rooney a nice sendoff and play him in the Premier League games along with a host of other changes.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:12 PM   #1639
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
you're way better than that man. Every United fan will tell you that they've been disappointing and underwhelming, and that they should be a lot better. But you should still be allowed to challenge views and opinions without getting that kind of sarcasm in return. "They should be a lot better" and "they equalized in the final minutes twice" are not mutually exclusive statements.
I apologize if that comment offended you in anyway as it probably came off a lot snarkier than intended now that I re-read it.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:37 PM   #1640
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

wow!

The spurs did an anti-spurs!

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote