Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2023, 09:36 AM   #401
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Mid-season update. I have been in a high exposure household all fall&winter, armed with nothing but cold showers. I haven't even gotten a sore throat. I've watched the sickly crumble and fall all around me, while I coast by with an ease that seems to defy all logic and reason. Go ahead and cough on my food, my ultra-chad white blood cells are going to make mincemeat of that wimpy little cold that has brought you to your knees.

Quit being a bunch of sickly, medicine-guzzling weaklings and start taking your cold showers. Would highly recommend the Wim Hof Method as an introductory course. It's also an incredible tool for testosterone and muscle recovery.
Huh.

I upped my alcohol intake and haven't been sick since April. You do you, I'll do me.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2023, 09:39 AM   #402
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't get sick for 2 years until late May 2022, since then it feels like I can't stop getting got. Already badly sick for the 2nd time since New Years Eve, it's ridiculous. Finally got on meds yesterday, sick of this ish. Can't wait until we're out of cold & flu season, it's a doozy this year.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2023, 09:42 AM   #403
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Didn't get sick for 2 years until late May 2022, since then it feels like I can't stop getting got. Already badly sick for the 2nd time since New Years Eve, it's ridiculous. Finally got on meds yesterday, sick of this ish. Can't wait until we're out of cold & flu season, it's a doozy this year.
We have our first kid in daycare and we’ve been getting our asses kicked since September. Someone has been sick in our house for the last 3.5 weeks straight… it’s currently me. Uggggghhhh
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2023, 10:22 AM   #404
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
We have our first kid in daycare and we’ve been getting our asses kicked since September. Someone has been sick in our house for the last 3.5 weeks straight… it’s currently me. Uggggghhhh
Time to become a Bubble Boy.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:49 PM   #405
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Same story here, and no my youngest is going for round 4. He had a stomach bug, a cold, pneumonia and now something new with a fever and a cough. All since New Years. My daughter was sick twice in that span, and me twice. I’m really hoping this means we get a good long run of immunity after all this.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:56 PM   #406
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Same here. Had a brutal cold that kept me away from new years. This week I developed some kind of respiratory virus. No runny nose but a brutal cough. My baby is bringing back all sorts of viruses I haven't had in forty years.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 05:47 AM   #407
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Figured this would be the one to bump…

Have Covid for the second confirmed time right now. Hitting me way harder this morning than Jan ‘22 bout. Much more congested, stronger, drier more hacking type cough and sneezing sooo much. Mad bout of sickness tearing through work and I’m the only one who tested apparently, also was informed our Covid policy is no longer in effect so was told to go in “as long as I felt okay”, so went in yesterday as the symptoms were very, very mild yesterday morning. Going to stay home today as, well, like I already said symptoms are much worse (though still only mild cold like) and I’ve been up since 3am with coughing spurts. Part of the problem at my work I believe is that if we dont use our sick days they get paid out before Christmas so nobody stays home anymore…

Anyways this will be 3 out of the last 4 Thanksgivings spent with just our household.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:34 AM   #408
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Have a few people in the office down with Covid so far, and the consensus seems to be this is a bad version this go round. Lots of people with the full slate of symptoms rather than just one or two. Best of luck everyone and eat your turkey by yourself if you're not feeling 100%.
flylock shox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 07:41 AM   #409
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got Covid this season and was out for about a week. So far four in my office as well. First day was a bad headache, nausea, and fever which passed after a couple of days, then it was just coughing and fatigue. Had persistent super mild dry cough for about a month now.

Do they still have covid tests available at pharmacies? I'm running low.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:07 AM   #410
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Wife and I got covid for the second time in early September too. I had a really bad fever for a few days and ended up with a sinus infection, which is pretty common when I get sick. Thankfully, it didn’t get into my lungs. Wife had a similar fever and we both lost our sense of taste and smell, which was a super weird feeling. Overall, I’d say this bout was more severe than our first go round in 2022, but thankfully we were both feeling better after a week or so. I definitely brought it home from work as we had a number of people sniffling and coughing for weeks. Our employer has pretty much the most lenient sick time policy I’ve ever seen, so I have no clue why people feel the need to still show up if they aren’t feeling well.

As for rapid tests, we were able to find them pretty easily from various pharmacies around the city. Funny enough, I had stocked up on a few boxes of tests the week before we needed them. It does sound like you may get “expired” tests, but the pharmacist explained that they are still fine past their expiry date.
bagofpucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:44 AM   #411
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

masking in the ER is back for staff (Royal Alex)?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1710101903437406579?s=20

Last edited by cral12; 10-06-2023 at 09:51 AM.
cral12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:47 AM   #412
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I'll never forget one Christmas years ago where I got the flu from my wifes Uncle a few days before the 25th, sick for the entire Christmas season. Like bed ridden.

That was one of the years I didn't get the flu shot... coincidence? I dunno, but I don't take that gamble anymore. Got my appointment booked.

It's also why I hate get togethers before the 24th. 14th then not until the 24th/25th/26th if you want. Before that, we are busy with the kids leave us alone.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:01 AM   #413
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I'll never forget one Christmas years ago where I got the flu from my wifes Uncle a few days before the 25th, sick for the entire Christmas season. Like bed ridden.

That was one of the years I didn't get the flu shot... coincidence? I dunno, but I don't take that gamble anymore. Got my appointment booked.

It's also why I hate get togethers before the 24th. 14th then not until the 24th/25th/26th if you want. Before that, we are busy with the kids leave us alone.
2019? I had it that Christmas and I was laid out for almost 3 weeks. Worst sickness I've ever had.

As for covid, it's amazing but totally predictable that nobody is testing and nobody is staying home.

People are so dumb or just willfully ignorant. "I have a cold". "There's a real bad cold going around". Duh, ok.
chedder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 11:07 AM   #414
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going to have to go back to masking again for the fall, I think... sigh.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 11:14 AM   #415
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://www.alberta.ca/stats/dashboa...ummary#summary

FYI in case anyone wants to follow how it's trending
Leeman4Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leeman4Gilmour For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2023, 11:31 AM   #416
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeman4Gilmour View Post
https://www.alberta.ca/stats/dashboa...ummary#summary

FYI in case anyone wants to follow how it's trending
Yeah no thanks, f-ck that. After becoming a fiend for looking at the daily reports during COVID, I've learned my mental health is worth more than to go down that rabbit hole again.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2023, 11:35 AM   #417
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ugh, I caught a nasty flu in 2019 at Christmas time as well. A few of our nurse friends mentioned that H1N1 had been going around that time. It was brutal timing for me as it was my first Christmas off in 8 years and our daughter was 18 months, so was just starting to get into the fun. I ended up going to the hospital on day 1 of my holidays with respiratory issues and then back again a few weeks later as I was coughing up blood. Good times!
bagofpucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 11:38 AM   #418
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Why sigh? I thought masking wasn't a burden on people.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 11:41 AM   #419
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I thought you liked masking? Its like a little blanket for your face.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 12:08 PM   #420
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Why sigh? I thought masking wasn't a burden on people.
I don’t think it takes a genius to figure out that the issue isn’t masking but the conditions that make make masking necessary.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: