Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-13-2021, 12:54 AM   #1941
N-E-B
Franchise Player
 
N-E-B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Would you, if double vaccinated, feel comfortable attending a social function with inside and outside components with an unvaccinated adult present? Letís say 15 vaccinated adults and five children under age 12 with food served. Asking for a friend.
Iím double vaccinated and I feel comfortable being around anyone regardless of vaccination status. Iíd go to a packed Saddledome with 20,000 people and wouldnít care about their vaccination status. My safety isnít my concern anymore.

The concern for me now is the unvaccinated taking up room in the hospitals which is leading to people that need the help being turned away.

The pandemic is over for myself as far as Iím concerned. But itís not over for our healthcare system and the people that have worked tirelessly for a year and a half to fight it.
N-E-B is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 07:22 AM   #1942
GordonBlue
Franchise Player
 
GordonBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Alberta
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
So, should we find out who has kids so we know who is allowed to have an opinion in here? Opendoor, pepsifree, Iím not sure if there opinions are worthwhile based on there current levels of procreation.

Sarcasm of course, but that is such a pointless thing to bring up.

Oh, and of course just about everything pepsifree says is useless and ignorant, kids or not.

Otherwise, some really interesting debate and discussion, which is really the value here.
no, have an opinion as much as you like.
Just remember that if you don't have kids your opinion means little to almost nothing when lecturing parents about their anxiety when trying to do what best in keeping their kids safe and healthy.
GordonBlue is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 07:29 AM   #1943
Knut
 
Knut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Exp:
Default

Science Based Medicine has a post out about the previously mentioned study about children and Myocarditis. A good read here about misuse of VAERS data.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/dum...6Hg1E7rpvJr57w
Knut is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 07:36 AM   #1944
GGG
Franchise Player
 
GGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Iíve decided to skip rec hockey.

A friend of mine is a surgeon at a hospital in Greater Vancouver. He had sobering news. A woman mid 50s, double vaccinated and otherwise in good health was just put on a ventilator in the ICU. The number of breakthrough cases exhibiting serious illness is increasing at an alarming rate and he doesnít think the public is getting the full story.

He says what happened in Israel is now happening here and that we need to get third booster shots into arms as soon as possible.
The vaccination rate in greater Vancouver is quite high. With a 90% vaccination rate and an 90% effectiveness you would expect 47% of the patients to be vaccinated.
GGG is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 07:48 AM   #1945
Flamescuprun2018
Scoring Winger
 
Flamescuprun2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
They've added some more poop data. You can click on the coloured areas of the map to see some community data. Looks generally like a gradual rise, but varies depending on area.


https://covid-tracker.chi-csm.ca/
Disturbing rise given that it is usually one week ahead of the testing numbers when it peaks. This is also Calgary Zone data. Will be worse in other Zones with lower vaccination rates.

The amount of virus in stool is approaching prior peaks before vaccination was widespread which means it is probably concentrated mostly amongst unvaccinated.

Stay safe everyone!
Flamescuprun2018 is offline  
Old 09-13-2021, 07:50 AM   #1946
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default




Sheeeeet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Press Level View Post
He has a blue checkmark next to his name, therefore his opinion is important.
Fuzz is online now  
Old 09-13-2021, 07:55 AM   #1947
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player
 
EldrickOnIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Your source? If you don't mind.consider8ng you say you follow the science over the healthcares personal advice.
I don't mean to say don't listen to your doctor.
What I do mean is sometimes their focus, as an individual, may be too narrow.

CDC is solid.
The science isn't completely clear on boosters, except for immune compromised.
We are still well protected, as vaccinated

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...covid-rcna1968

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ccine-studies/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/does-ev...ay-11631527201

Last edited by EldrickOnIce; 09-13-2021 at 08:03 AM.
EldrickOnIce is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 09:21 AM   #1948
activeStick
Franchise Player
 
activeStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Would you, if double vaccinated, feel comfortable attending a social function with inside and outside components with an unvaccinated adult present? Letís say 15 vaccinated adults and five children under age 12 with food served. Asking for a friend.
Just to pass on experience from my friend from 3 weeks ago. He attended a social function at a restaurant during happy hour (inside only) and one person attended who was unvaccinated who felt a little sick. Of the group of 8, 7 were vaccinated and the one person wasn't. My friend, along with two other people ended up with breakthrough infections. All are recovered now.
activeStick is offline  
Old 09-13-2021, 09:34 AM   #1949
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Just to pass on experience from my friend from 3 weeks ago. He attended a social function at a restaurant during happy hour (inside only) and one person attended who was unvaccinated who felt a little sick. Of the group of 8, 7 were vaccinated and the one person wasn't. My friend, along with two other people ended up with breakthrough infections. All are recovered now.
#### these people. Dammit. Like, if you are so thick as to not get vaccinated, the absolute least you can do is not go in public when you feel unwell. What an idiot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Press Level View Post
He has a blue checkmark next to his name, therefore his opinion is important.
Fuzz is online now  
Old 09-13-2021, 09:36 AM   #1950
activeStick
Franchise Player
 
activeStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
#### these people. Dammit. Like, if you are so thick as to not get vaccinated, the absolute least you can do is not go in public when you feel unwell. What an idiot.
Yeah man. My buddy ended up passing it to his wife as well who is also fully vaccinated. Luckily both of them recovered with very mild symptoms, but obviously, my friend is super pissed off.
activeStick is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 10:49 AM   #1951
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
he chief health officer for Delta Air Lines said this week that the carrier’s decision to implement a $200 surcharge for unvaccinated employees has convinced a “huge” portion of the workforce to change their minds about the jab.

Dr. Henry Ting, speaking during a Thursday media briefing with the Infectious Diseases Society of America, said that approximately 20,000 Delta team members had not been vaccinated as of Aug. 25, when CEO Ed Bastian announced a monthly surcharge for unvaccinated employees on Delta’s healthcare plan.

“Just within the two weeks of the announcement, we’ve seen nearly 20%, or one-fifth, of that 20,000 decide to get the vaccine,” said Ting. He added that Delta did not observe any turnover or resignations as a result of the new policy.
https://wgntv.com/news/huge-number-o...official-says/

Delta discovers that by doing the opp site of paying morons to get vaccinated(Kenney), you can motivate them a lot more by billing them $200 to cover their stupid decisions. Proof that the stick is stronger than the carrot. Maybe it's time we start billing unvacinated for all the extra costs they have brought to the rest of us.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Press Level View Post
He has a blue checkmark next to his name, therefore his opinion is important.
Fuzz is online now  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 11:05 AM   #1952
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2004
Exp:
Default

Delta Airlines must not be too happy with their name these days.
Manhattanboy is offline  
Old 09-13-2021, 11:06 AM   #1953
Lubicon
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://wgntv.com/news/huge-number-o...official-says/

Delta discovers that by doing the opp site of paying morons to get vaccinated(Kenney), you can motivate them a lot more by billing them $200 to cover their stupid decisions. Proof that the stick is stronger than the carrot. Maybe it's time we start billing unvacinated for all the extra costs they have brought to the rest of us.
Ironically when it comes to health care US companies have a more effective stick to use on employees since they are directly paying health care costs. Would love to bill the unvaccinated here too but in a public pay system that's not a simple thing to do.
Lubicon is offline  
Old 09-13-2021, 11:16 AM   #1954
Nancy
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Nancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sunnyvale nursing home
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://wgntv.com/news/huge-number-o...official-says/

Delta discovers that by doing the opp site of paying morons to get vaccinated(Kenney), you can motivate them a lot more by billing them $200 to cover their stupid decisions. Proof that the stick is stronger than the carrot. Maybe it's time we start billing unvacinated for all the extra costs they have brought to the rest of us.
How about re-introducing health care premiums in Alberta and having a 100% rebate for anyone who is vaccinated.
Nancy is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nancy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 11:39 AM   #1955
Knut
 
Knut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
How about re-introducing health care premiums in Alberta and having a 100% rebate for anyone who is vaccinated.
Can also do a Tax credit with proof of vaccination. You can do this both at the federal and provincial level.
Knut is offline  
Old 09-13-2021, 11:41 AM   #1956
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
How about re-introducing health care premiums in Alberta and having a 100% rebate for anyone who is vaccinated.
That's a good one. There are plenty of tools to use, the UCP is just too dumb to figure out how to open the toolbox.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Press Level View Post
He has a blue checkmark next to his name, therefore his opinion is important.
Fuzz is online now  
Old 09-13-2021, 12:03 PM   #1957
Slava
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Iíve decided to skip rec hockey.

A friend of mine is a surgeon at a hospital in Greater Vancouver. He had sobering news. A woman mid 50s, double vaccinated and otherwise in good health was just put on a ventilator in the ICU. The number of breakthrough cases exhibiting serious illness is increasing at an alarming rate and he doesnít think the public is getting the full story.

He says what happened in Israel is now happening here and that we need to get third booster shots into arms as soon as possible.
I'm curious about views/information on this (the Israel situation and breakthrough cases). I'm 100% in favour of vaccines and adamantly support a passport. That said, if we get 85-90% of people vaccinated, and still have issues with serious cases and hospitalizations despite that, it does seem concerning?
Slava is offline  
Old 09-13-2021, 12:08 PM   #1958
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!
 
Torture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Exp:
Default

Nothing to see here folks.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1437445497271115776
Torture is offline  
Old 09-13-2021, 12:12 PM   #1959
opendoor
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I'm curious about views/information on this (the Israel situation and breakthrough cases). I'm 100% in favour of vaccines and adamantly support a passport. That said, if we get 85-90% of people vaccinated, and still have issues with serious cases and hospitalizations despite that, it does seem concerning?
Well vaccines don't keep the unvaccinated out of the hospital, so even with a high vaccination rate our hospitals can be stretched just by the small minority of unvaccinated.

Then there's the issue of potentially waning immunity against severe disease. We don't really know how that'll work, but I think for the elderly and vulnerable at a minimum, we're probably looking at boosters for the time being. It's conceivable that the protection after a 3rd or 4th shot will be longer lasting, but we don't really know at this point. It's all still pretty fluid.
opendoor is offline  
Old 09-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #1960
cgy-sk-import
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Exp:
Default

But.... Israel and BC are no where near 85-90% fully vaccinated...

And, vaccines aren't 100% effective, so you'll always have breakthrough cases that result in serious illness.

And, if you are an ICU doc during a global pandemic, isn't it likely you are going to see fully vaccinated ICU cases? ... Just saying...
cgy-sk-import is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Calgary Flames
2022-23




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021