Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #41
SeeBass
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Nice, make sure you take pictures! I've never seen one bigger than about 50 oz.
Thats what she said
SeeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #42
arloiginla
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Five guys. The best.

Oh and their fries are really good too.
arloiginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #43
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like a burger as much as the next guy but I just can't get into Five Guys. When I am there I just feel like I am eating something so unhealthy.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #44
tete
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Sigh, a pregnant woman like me should not be reading this thread.

Anyway, District has a fairly good burger - not high end, but not fast food either.
tete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tete For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #45
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love Boogie's Burgers on Edmonton Trail. It's been around since I was a kid in the 70s. I am so hungry and could destroy at least one of their burgers right now.

But I'm over 7000 km away.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #46
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

The bigger better burger at earls is actually really good. They claim to make their own buns in house daily. Not sure if they do or not but man, that's a tasty burger! Prolly one of the best I've ever had.

Five guys makes a decent hamburger. Easily the best of the "fast food" type chains but for a good restraunt style, earls is tough to beat.

Should would like to try out some of the other suggestions though.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #47
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
The bigger better burger at earls is actually really good. They claim to make their own buns in house daily. Not sure if they do or not but man, that's a tasty burger! Prolly one of the best I've ever had.

Five guys makes a decent hamburger. Easily the best of the "fast food" type chains but for a good restraunt style, earls is tough to beat.

Should would like to try out some of the other suggestions though.
+1 for Earl's - probably overlooked by a lot of people but a consistently above average burger.
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruttiger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #48
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

The Gruyere Mushroom Burger at Amsterdam Rhino was awesome the last time I had it. I also second the vote for Milestone's. They are good burgers as well.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #49
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
I like a burger as much as the next guy but I just can't get into Five Guys. When I am there I just feel like I am eating something so unhealthy.
Hello, it's a hamburger! Of course it is unhealthy. Nobody needs a double burger. Bacon and processed cheese are just about the unhealthiest toppings for a burger.

To me, worrying about whether the burger is so unhealthy is akin to going to a brothel and being worried that the whore isn't in love with you right before you nail her.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #50
someguy51
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm in the minority here as I like fatburger better then five guys.

My wife and I went on a road trip to California last year. We tried In and Out Burger and Sonic. In and Out Burger is about the same as five guys. We really, really liked Sonic though.

Whatever happened to Peters? It used to be so good. I went there a couple of months ago and it tasted about half as good as it used to.
someguy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #51
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
After having this Lamb burger in NY, at the Breslin, nothing else has come remotely close.
I've never eaten at the Breslin (although I've heard it's good), but I just can't fathom lamb ever tasting as satisfying as good beef. Then again Im just not a fan of "high-end" burgers. My favorite burger in the city is Shake Shake, it tastes like it made at a backyard bbq. Pure awesome.

In Calgary? Rocky's Burger Bus by far. Always great burgers, and the setting is perfect.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #52
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

can't really say i'd be excited about dropping $25 for five fries and what appears to be a slider - although i get the whole quality/quantity debate......

if you are in winnipeg, you need to try anyplace that sells a fatboy - it mysterious, yet tasty chili like substance on the burger is some kind of awesome. additionally you would also want to try mrs. mikes......
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #53
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

A related question -- when I go to the US, and have the option of ordering a burger patty that is NOT well done, I always wimp out. Will having pink inside the burger actually cause me harm? Or have I been completely brainwashed by the Canadian government, where virtually anything that is made with ground beef must be cooked through.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #54
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ people eat beef tartar all the time.
You're not gonna die from a little rare or even raw beef.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #55
VO #23
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
can't really say i'd be excited about dropping $25 for five fries and what appears to be a slider - although i get the whole quality/quantity debate......

if you are in winnipeg, you need to try anyplace that sells a fatboy - it mysterious, yet tasty chili like substance on the burger is some kind of awesome. additionally you would also want to try mrs. mikes......
Dairi Wip in St. B, FTW. Best drive-in ever. Get the Fatboy with fries and die happy.
VO #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #56
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
A related question -- when I go to the US, and have the option of ordering a burger patty that is NOT well done, I always wimp out. Will having pink inside the burger actually cause me harm? Or have I been completely brainwashed by the Canadian government, where virtually anything that is made with ground beef must be cooked through.
I was at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in Waikiki and took the plunge and had a medium rare hickory burger (or whatever it was called). It was the best burger I've ever had.
rd_aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #57
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Hello, it's a hamburger! Of course it is unhealthy. Nobody needs a double burger. Bacon and processed cheese are just about the unhealthiest toppings for a burger.

To me, worrying about whether the burger is so unhealthy is akin to going to a brothel and being worried that the whore isn't in love with you right before you nail her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post

In Calgary? Rocky's Burger Bus by far. Always great burgers, and the setting is perfect.
High-end and burger, are words that should never be combined.

The best burgers are always the greasy spoon, out of a bus, at a carnival type. A high end burger, is like taking a 1970 Challenger, and putting a Nav system, leather seats, and ABS on it. The vinyl burning your legs, as you listen to the Alman brothers on your AM radio, whilst locking up you brakes in a stagnant puddle, adds to the experience, not takes away from it.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #58
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

warren buffet burger at laurier lounge is very good. Hudsons also has a surprisingly delicious bison burger
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #59
Knalus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

OK, I usually like this kind of stuff, but I do NOT recommend the doughnut burger at the stampede. I'm still recovering. Not cool.
Knalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #60
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

doughnut burger was such a let down just tasted like a burger with maple syrup on it
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote