Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 06:08 PM   #421
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
I’d take Palmieri on the flames over Hall.

Plays on the right side, has a great shot and is physical. Get him from the devils for a fraction of the cost of Hall.
Why is New Jersey trading their best player who is signed for another season at a sweetheart cap hit? He also has an 8 team no trade list.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #422
edn88
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My feelings on hall have nothing to do with him previously being an Oiler. There is no doubt that he was a top end offensive player a few years ago, but I wouldn't give away significant assets to get half a year of Hall. And if you bring him back, the contract he would sign would almost immediately put him under water in terms of value for the contract. You might get one year of value where the contract is worth what he brings, but after that, the contract would be an albatross.

This team is not in a position to do that - we probably are not challenging for the cup this year.

Although, if we wanted to have a shot at the first over all pick this year, having Hall on the team would help increase our odds
Old 12-15-2019, 06:16 PM   #423
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Prior to the slump he’s currently in this year (6 goals, 19 assists, 25 points on a team where Subban is pointless in 20 games) Hall put up 50 goals 80 assists 130 points across 106 games over two seasons (one where he was the Hart MVP winner and one where he was injury plagued)

130 points across 106 games. I think that Hall is still there too but he needs to be playing in games that matter and the Flames can provide that. Man I hope we trade for him because I know just how big of a story it could turn into and as fans that is what we truly live for. If it doesn’t work out we have plenty of trade chips to spark a rebuild two to three years from now but right now we have a chance with the current core to make a splash and go for it.

Here’s to hoping.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2019, 07:04 PM   #424
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Hall maybe gets Mark Stone money from a contender. He's only getting north of that from a bottom feeder.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #425
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
This is ridiculous. Honestly, you should be embarrassed. You're argument is Hall is destined to get injured throughout the remainder of his career. I guess your crystal ball is better than the rest of us. 10 million a year is another claim you can't substantiate. This is in no way a statement of fact. You don't know what Hall is going to sign for and his decision will likely be made on a number of things, most of which you're not aware of.

Lastly, you should be especially embarrassed about saying things like 'I don't want to hear....' good. Leave.
A Leafs fan telling me to leave, lol. That is gold! Even when I disagree with a poster I don't tell them to leave and neither should you. Especially seeing as you are the fan of another team not even affiliated with this board.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #426
atb
First Line Centre

Exp:

Update from Friedman: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...rently-stands/

Quote:
WHO’S IN?
I always ask myself: what don’t I know? In the craziness of the last 24-48 hours, it didn’t seem like there were a ton of teams in the Hall Derby. Compadre Chris Johnston reported Arizona as the favourite, and he wasn’t the only person who thought so.

According to multiple sources, the Coyotes were not offering either of their last two first-round draft picks, centre Barrett Hayton (2018) and defenceman Victor Soderstrom (2019). Both are scheduled to play at the upcoming World Junior Championships. I had heard the two teams were haggling over another Team Canada player, 19-year-old Kevin Bahl from OHL Ottawa. He was drafted 55th in 2018 by the Coyotes.

I assume there is more to the package, but don’t know the details. It is believed, however, to be more of a futures-based offer. GM John Chayka would not comment on Sunday, but a couple of teams do think Arizona will go in a different direction if this continues too long without a resolution.

Since Saturday’s show, a few sources have reached out to suggest the Devils may have an offer or two that revolve around current roster players. We’re not talking about 30-year-olds at the end of their careers, but younger, established NHLers under team control. I’m lacking on particulars, but it indicates New Jersey GM Ray Shero must consider two different paths — a futures offer versus a “hockey trade” that can inject some talent right away. Or, can he work these proposals to do a little of both?

At the very least, we’ve learned to re-consider our timeline. When Hall was scratched back-to-back, I thought this journey was nearing its end. So did some clubs who kicked the tires. Now it’s less certain — especially if you consider one more variable…

DOES ANYONE GET TO TALK TO HIM?
During Headlines on Saturday night, I reported that, to this point, no one’s been given permission to talk extension with Hall or agent Darren Ferris.

I’ve mentioned several times I don’t believe Hall will sign during the season, and New Jersey is well aware of that. But, that doesn’t mean the Devils won’t allow a conversation if they get an offer they like that’s contingent on one. Not every team will consider that essential, but a couple might.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atb For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #427
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

lol...beat to the punch.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:09 PM   #428
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
dissentowner with a real meltdown in this thread. You doing okay? Your viewpoint on Hall is extremely questionable.
No, I have a head cold and my mother is on her way out so I am a little testy for sure.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2019, 07:18 PM   #429
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
No, I have a head cold and my mother is on her way out so I am a little testy for sure.
Sorry to hear brother, wishing you, your mom and all those you love the very best right now, big hugs.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:25 PM   #430
Knut

Exp:

I want him mostly for the Oilers fan meltdown.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:27 PM   #431
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mark Stone just scored for Vegas. Wicked shot. What might have been.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #432
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't want hall. He is inconsistent, often injured, and soon to be overpaid. The only thing he has done consistently since he arrived in the NHL is lose.

Don't trade a boatload for him. We will be regretting it. Let someone else make the mistake. Maybe Edmonton will trade their first rounder + other assets and go on to miss the playoffs.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #433
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Okay, why are people talking about hall on the flames?

Has there been any rumor indicating they're in the running?

Hate sifting through 5000 pages to see what the debate is about and why it's being had to begin with.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #434
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Friedman saying no teams have talked to or have been given permission to talk to Halls agent. This, to me, is huge. You would really need to know what the contract would look like ( or at least Halls ask) before you made a hockey trade.
If it’s a pure rental then it doesn’t have any bearing.
Wonder if all teams are looking at it the same way - Hall will not sign a contract and will become a UFA, so is just a rental.

If you are in BT’s shoes, what are you willing to give up if it is just a rental? I hate rentals, unless you don’t have to give up much. This will not be a ‘cheap’ rental. So I am out.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:49 PM   #435
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post
Friedman saying no teams have talked to or have been given permission to talk to Halls agent. This, to me, is huge. You would really need to know what the contract would look like ( or at least Halls ask) before you made a hockey trade.
If it’s a pure rental then it doesn’t have any bearing.
Wonder if all teams are looking at it the same way - Hall will not sign a contract and will become a UFA, so is just a rental.

If you are in BT’s shoes, what are you willing to give up if it is just a rental? I hate rentals, unless you don’t have to give up much. This will not be a ‘cheap’ rental. So I am out.
If I’m remembering correctly Vegas didn’t have an opportunity to speak to Stone prior to the trade.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:50 PM   #436
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post

Hate sifting through 5000 pages to see what the debate is about and why it's being had to begin with.
RA from Spittin Chiclets said he heard something about Hall to Calgary from a source. He doesn't post / spread any rumours or information almost ever. Last 2 times were when he broke the Rick Nash retirement months early, and reported that Kevan Miller was injured more seriously than was being reported in the playoffs.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2019, 07:52 PM   #437
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post

The co-host of Spittin' Chiclets has hinted they are on Twitter. I don't know much about him but others have said he's not someone to just make up stuff.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:53 PM   #438
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
If I’m remembering correctly Vegas didn’t have an opportunity to speak to Stone prior to the trade.
Technically no, they didn't.

However it was reported that he made it known through his agent that Vegas was his, by far, preferred destination whether by trade or by UFA.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:55 PM   #439
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
RA from Spittin Chiclets said he heard something about Hall to Calgary from a source. He doesn't post / spread any rumours or information almost ever. Last 2 times were when he broke the Rick Nash retirement months early, and reported that Kevan Miller was injured more seriously than was being reported in the playoffs.
Ah cool, thanks.

I dont see treliving as a guy that acquires Hall without some kind of indication of interest to re-sign. If there has been no agent talk allowed, it is certainly peculiar that the Flames are being rumored.

There would have to be a few bodies unloaded, even if they acquire him just as a rental.

It's intriguing.....
Old 12-15-2019, 07:56 PM   #440
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
True. But Stone did sign with Vegas before the end of the season. All I’m saying is if Hall is hell bent on becoming a UFA, that would really change things for me.

Do you recall if there was any indications In the media if Stone was open to contract negotiations? Or was planning on going into free agency, which obviously didn’t happen?

Last edited by Doctorfever; 12-15-2019 at 08:11 PM.
Closed Thread