Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2020, 02:49 PM   #521
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
somebody hates Giordano though
Somebody hates the whole team

Why are people that said "Jets in 3" so upset with a tied series where the Flames have outscored the Jets 6-4 after two games
Old 08-04-2020, 05:46 PM   #522
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

I can't imagine watching players over the years like James Neal, Dustin Penner, Alex Kovalev, Alex Semin, and countless others, and saying all players show up mentally engaged and competing in all zones with equal and full effort. Absurd take.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:47 PM   #523
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
That's a bizarre take. It may be stupid that lots of star players need a coach to get them up and motivate them properly, even for playoffs. But clearly it's a thing, or else there wouldn't be elite coaches known for being able to do just that.

You seem very dismissive of a coaches' impact on a game, specifically playoffs (speaking of other posts as well). I guess I respectfully believe the opposite.
Different sport but you're obviously a basketball fan. Is Gregg Popovich an elite coach? For what it's worth I agree coaches can increase motivation on occasion, but if it's a regular thing you need you have bigger problems (obviously).

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."

Last edited by united; 08-04-2020 at 05:50 PM.
united is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to united For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 12:13 AM   #524
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
Different sport but you're obviously a basketball fan. Is Gregg Popovich an elite coach? For what it's worth I agree coaches can increase motivation on occasion, but if it's a regular thing you need you have bigger problems (obviously).

This speech, whilst denying the coach's role in motivation, should be motivating for the players and that may even be its intent. I don't see this as any kind of proof of what you're saying.

Last edited by SebC; 08-05-2020 at 02:55 AM.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:19 AM   #525
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nm
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote