Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Playing with Fire: Hockey In the Virtual World
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #421
Diverce
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime_On_Flames View Post
K this really BLOWS!!! After formatting my HD because of some BS reason for data corruption. I find out that I have lost all my unlocks and my cards for EASHL. I'm back to a pro 3 level after working my way up to the brink of legend 2.

If any of you guys can tell me how I can get my attributes back that'd be much appreciated. If not, I dunno if I wanna go through that many games to get back.
Try contacting EA support. Everything is held on server side so they might be able to sync up everything. I think Diemenz had to do something like that when he got a new ps3. But not sure. I would contact EA though.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #422
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone down for some afternoon games?
Old 01-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #423
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Who's ready to kick off the season tonight?
Old 01-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #424
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll be on briefly once Flames game is over.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #425
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'll be on 15-20 after the game is over.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #426
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
I'll be on briefly once Flames game is over.

This game was over after the second.......

I will also be on after the game.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #427
Diverce
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'll be on after the game too
Old 01-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #428
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

thanks for the help Div! I sent EA an email today, hopefully i'll be up and at em by tomorrow night.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #429
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime_On_Flames View Post
thanks for the help Div! I sent EA an email today, hopefully i'll be up and at em by tomorrow night.
I would call them if you want to be back up asap. I don't think they will respond too quickly to your email.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #430
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hey guys thanks for all your help but sadly I talked to 2 reps @ EA and none of them could solve my problem. I'm really disappointed that all that time dedicated to EASHL is all for nothing. Anyways, good luck to the the team and maybe i'll see you guys in NHL13!!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #431
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thats really odd.

Its all server side so there should be no issues as long as you use your same email log in.

Mine popped up with no issues once I logged in and downloaded the online pass again.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #432
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hmmm if that's the case Die then i'm gonna do a full format and try again. Thanks
Old 01-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #433
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Against any type of defense, loose/disorganized or tight/organized, we need to improve our puck movement and reduce our amounts of turnovers and attack killers. To do that we need to not only make smarter passes, but be innovative in regards of moving the puck around, because sometimes teammates just aren't going to be open (as noticed against decent CPU D AI pairings).

On top of that, we need to work with what we're getting and have to just shoot the puck on net although it's not off a pretty setup, because it could result in a scoring chance or even a goal. Goals off of deflections from point shots and rebounds due to crashing the net gets results up on the boards. So we also need to not overpass and just shoot, and a teammate(s) should support the puck carrier indirectly (get in front of net for screen/deflections, in position for a rebound). It's never a bad idea to pepper the goalie, especially if their line of sight is compromised. It also keeps the defense honest in coverage and worry about shots from the point at any time, and should lead to opening the ice more if they have to play off of our tendencies.

Getting back to the first paragraph, I posted a few scenario examples below to give an idea of what to do in those cases to continue possession in the attack zone.

Example 1: The puck carrier is down low, with the crease and half boards covered, as well the defenders; thus no passing option is available, and lane to the net is defended.

An option to continue puck possession in the attack zone is to dump the puck around the boards to the empty side of the zone. This removes the potential of immediate turnover and allows the teammate in the slot and/or at the point to retrieve the puck and continue the attack.

Example 2: The puck carrier is near the half boards, with the cross crease and slot covered, as well the defenders; thus no passing option is available. Driving the net is a potentially viable option since path to the net isn't completely defended.

If driving the net isn't available, then follow the same solution as example 1. Dump the puck to the other side of the rink along the boards and a teammate would be able to retrieve it.

Example 3: The puck carrier is down low. The player in the crease and the defenders aren't open, but the player at the top of the faceoff circle is.

This is obvious bad defense, but I illustrate this to make a point. Although the defenders may have the main spots of the ice covered, they're not always going to be perfect and will leave other spots in the zone with a teammate in it open. Lots of clubs online think of two main area's to defend passing lanes; the slot and the point since those are the most frequent recipients of passes from players down low or on the half boards. Keep your eyes open to all areas in the zone because although the cross crease may not be there (and shouldn't be that often anyway), the area around the high slot or faceoff circle might be, and that can lead to a prime scoring chance.

When making decisions, make sure you making the ones that they are efficient ones and have a high percentage chance of continuing puck possession or result in a great scoring opportunity.

Hopefully with the commitment from everyone working on improving puck possession and decisions in the attack zone, it'll lead to scoring more goals in those stronger opposing defense games.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #434
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Setting up the play
Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #435
Diverce
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post