Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
etdpratt
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Flames Abbotsford Lineups

This is more of a thread to get an idea on the lines for the abbotsford heat. Does anybody know how the lines are being put on the ice right now? Who is on our top line, second line, and so on?
etdpratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdpratt View Post
This is more of a thread to get an idea on the lines for the abbotsford heat. Does anybody know how the lines are being put on the ice right now? Who is on our top line, second line, and so on?
It's been kind of "in flux" since the season began due to injuries, reassignments, general mixing.

Generally the stalwarts in what I identify as the "top six" are Chucko, Lundmark, Jaffray, Stuart, Van der Gulik.

The stalwarts in the "bottom six" are Sutter, Backlund*, Germyn, Cunning, and two or three Goonish/Enforcer/Middleweight-Agitator types (Murray, Grantham, Vandermeer, Watt).

The Armstrong's (Riley & John) have been hurt to much for me to get a feel for where they fit in.

*Backlund plays on the PP unit so he's a tweener in that regard.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
etdpratt
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
It's been kind of "in flux" since the season began due to injuries, reassignments, general mixing.

Generally the stalwarts in what I identify as the "top six" are Chucko, Lundmark, Jaffray, Stuart, Van der Gulik.

The stalwarts in the "bottom six" are Sutter, Backlund*, Germyn, Cunning, and two or three Goonish/Enforcer/Middleweight-Agitator types (Murray, Grantham, Vandermeer, Watt).

The Armstrong's (Riley & John) have been hurt to much for me to get a feel for where they fit in.

*Backlund plays on the PP unit so he's a tweener in that regard.
great thanks for the info. I wonder why they don't have Backlund in the top 6?
etdpratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdpratt View Post
great thanks for the info. I wonder why they don't have Backlund in the top 6?

i interpretted this in forcing the guy to be put in more of a grinding/defensive role to help him grow in that realm...
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
i interpretted this in forcing the guy to be put in more of a grinding/defensive role to help him grow in that realm...
Actually, I interpreted putting Backlund on the bottom 6 as him just underperforming. In the beginning of the season he had his chance to score goals and get assists on the top lines. He didn't do that, so he got pushed down for players who were performing better.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #6
FoxMulder91
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Actually, I interpreted putting Backlund on the bottom 6 as him just underperforming. In the beginning of the season he had his chance to score goals and get assists on the top lines. He didn't do that, so he got pushed down for players who were performing better.
No, at the start of the year he was playing bottom 6 minutes.
FoxMulder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #7
Imported_Aussie
First Line Centre

Exp:

maybe it is to make him earn his minutes. just because he is a 1st round pick doesnt give him automatic entitlement.
Imported_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

it is a bit strange to hear stuff like this.

our experience in the qc was generally if the player was a legit prospect (chucko is a good example) they will be given lots of opportunities to succeed. there were lots of instances where mcgill would bench veteran type guys like kolanos, grant stevenson, lundmark, etc, if they made dumb plays. but often guys like chucko or pelech would still get ice time in hopes of playing through it and learning from it.

it definitely didn't seem like an environment where prospects had to fear losing playing time. maybe the coaching changes in the offseason have effected that a bit?
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:47 AM   #9
jd456
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Was at the Heat/Rivermen game tonight. I'm pretty sure these were the lines, this is off memory tho. I'm pretty sure they are correct though, the top 6 I know for sure are, and the D pairings too.

Germyn - Jaffray - Stuart
Van der Gulik - Backlund - Chucko
Cunning - Murray - R. Armstrong
Grantham - Carpentier - Watt

Kronwall - Aulie
Pelech - Negrin
Seabrook - Cole

Irving

Both Van der Gulik and Kronwall left the game with injuries. Van der Gulik had a really tough time getting off the ice. Looked like a bad lower body injury, I didn't see what happened, just saw him struggling to get off.
jd456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Grantham- Carpentier - Watt line is a decent suprise. These guys can play hockey and beat the crap out of anyone. Not your typical thugfest.
jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote