Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-28-2021, 06:51 AM   #141
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Erica should choose to flip it. She's at risk now, and surviving every vote matters most. She may not know how at risk she is, but the only downside is pissing off her team. But they already got the meal, so it just means one of that group goes home. And they've already put her at the bottom, so her best choice is to jump ship on them. They have zero long term loyalty to her.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2021, 10:55 AM   #142
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I just can't get into this season. It's too much. I'm hoping now with the merge we see more game play but this entire season has got out of hand with the advantages
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:45 AM   #143
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hoping Erica plays this like a true Canadian and flips everything upside down and then says she’s Sorry.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2021, 10:00 PM   #144
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

We finally get an entertaining tribal council!! That was amazing

I was wondering why Xander and Evvie's lips were so loose in this episode... well played. Xander has balls of steel for wanting to keep that idol.

I loved that this overpowered Knowledge Is Power advantage backfired on the majority alliance

I guess I'm rooting for the Yasa three now?
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:03 PM   #145
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was pretty obvious they were playing her, given we knew they knew about the steal.

Sucks Syd went home! I don't think she realized there was an extra vote, so even if she kept hers, she was done, I think. She was pretty bitter after though.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:08 PM   #146
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, the challenge was a bit of a snooze, but that was a hell of at Tribal. Well done on Xander's part there. He's almost someone I'd like to see back, and starting out on a competent tribe.

Glad to see the "knowledge is power" thing backfire. That was frikkin' hilarious. Everyone talks so freaking much on this about what they have. Clever tactic to backfire it. I'd forgotten about his fake idol. I thought he'd just tell everyone he had one and give it to Evvie or Tiff to hold/play for him.

Not sorry to see Syd go. And man...she sure had some sour grapes in her final interview there.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:01 AM   #147
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Cannot believe Liana played the advantage that poorly. I mean really was Xander actually going to keep the idol after being so open about having it? Maybe psyched herself out into thinking he'd actually keep it and not give it to someone else? Either way hilarious how badly it was wasted.
ajr4013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:23 AM   #148
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr4013 View Post
Cannot believe Liana played the advantage that poorly. I mean really was Xander actually going to keep the idol after being so open about having it? Maybe psyched herself out into thinking he'd actually keep it and not give it to someone else? Either way hilarious how badly it was wasted.
She didn't even understand that he gave it to someone it had to be explained to her

Sydney was annoying, glad she is out...talking about how much better she is than everyone
Old 11-04-2021, 12:25 PM   #149
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll be clear, I'm only sad Syd went home because she was my pick. Otherwise, I was pretty meh on her, until her exit.

I think Liana was so shell shocked, and thought her plan was bomb-proof, so when it got blown up, she didn't even understand what had happened. In her head, she already had the idol.

I hope it gets more interesting with everyone scrambling now, I think everyone is a bit unstable. Xander at least thinks things through.

Last edited by Fuzz; 11-06-2021 at 03:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2021, 08:40 PM   #150
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I love when idiots get exposed. Makes my day.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2021, 01:18 PM   #151
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

So on what has been a pretty lame season so far we see one of the best tribal moments in the history of the game. Xander, Evvie and Tiff sold that like the Wolf of Wallstreet. That was awesome.

The look on that girls face when Xander burnt her was priceless. Especially with all the banter leading up to it. The fact she even took the fake idol from Xander just made me laugh even more.

Epic. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from the rest of the season.

As for Sydney, lol. Daddy’s little rich girl didn’t get to rely on the old mans money for this tribal. It was pretty entertaining just how helpless she was as a result of poor social play up till this point. They obviously type cast on purpose and they got what they wanted out of her. Completely burnt any bridge she might have had on the way out to. Classic.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:06 PM   #152
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Oh don't get me wrong, the way Xander and Evie and Tiff sold it was a must see moment tribal council wise. Xander major padded his resume but he also put a massive target on his back.

I do think that the added complications and advantages in this game has moved the focus from strategic players to players that are good treasure hunters, and players who are not strategic but are deceitful and short term players.

The games gone from alliances, to middle voter power, to voting blocks and now to focusing on blindsides for resume padding and advantage farming.

I honestly think some of the older players, the really dominant ones like Rob and Ambuh, or the Black Widow Society would have eaten this current crew alive.

I think surviver really needs to simplify the game, though I do like the idea of no given supplies to start with creating a sense of delirium.

On a positive note, Its still not really clear who the favorite is because it feels like its going to be the dumbest, laziest water skier, who rides to the final group and then finds the most advantages to get to the final three and sells it by doing an accounting of how many advantages he or she found and used.

But I am actively cheering for Xander now, because that move was brilliant. So he's probably going home.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2021, 10:01 PM   #153
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tiffany gone... guess everyone who thought she was annoying can now rejoice!

That was a dumb-dumb move by Heather during tribal, I thought that was going to backfire on her big time and she would be voted out unanimously.

As long as Xander or Nasser doesn't get voted out, I'm good. Glad Xander didn't waste his idol. Sounds like the majority's turning on each other!
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2021, 10:13 PM   #154
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Tiffany going home, we lose Weitz.

Well, that immunity challenge was rather...pathetic.

Jeff: "Our record for this challenge is 1 hour and 22 minutes..."
Contestants: "Eh, don't feel like playing today."

What did it end up being? Less than four minutes total? I'm wondering if that's the fastest Individual Immunity Challenge ever.

The whole episode felt slow. I'm hoping that there is a big 'shake up' next episode. Xander's got a pretty good read on the game so far, it seems.

I have to wonder how Jeff and the other higher ups are taking this season. I get the feeling that they were hoping for big things with the three-way immunity idols, knowledge is power advantage and things like that...but the players won't stop talking about what they find. Seems like as soon as one player finds something, everyone in the game knows about it. Advantages and things work best when the only one who knows about them is the one who holds them.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2021, 10:30 PM   #155
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bad edit by the producers today. Glad Tiffany is gone but there was something not revealed to us.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:39 PM   #156
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is the lack of food leading to the poor play? Might be something to consider for future seasons. Because this is the worst season in many years.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2021, 07:08 AM   #157
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

I lost Tiff...good, didnt like her, and dont like my other choice either. Shan can get booted anytime as far as Im concerned.
NOT a fan of the tribals where everyone gets up and strategizes in groups.

Lets get it back to what the show was at the start, no idols, no food...Survive!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:24 AM   #158
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know this is supposed to be a condensed season, but it sure feels like it is dragging on.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:38 AM   #159
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
I lost Tiff...good, didnt like her, and dont like my other choice either. Shan can get booted anytime as far as Im concerned.
NOT a fan of the tribals where everyone gets up and strategizes in groups.

Lets get it back to what the show was at the start, no idols, no food...Survive!

I thought she was a pretty dumb player through the whole thing, Shan is awful as well. The whole tribal interaction was exciting the first few times, but now its just stupid.

Overall a pretty unispiring episode in a season that can best be described as meh. They need to go back to the classic year 1 format which was extremely cut throat.

I did love that Evie or however you spell her name had that puzzle memorized.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2021, 09:02 AM   #160
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shan is the worst. "I had to listen to his opinion, as a man". No, as a human you need to listen. Him being a man has nothing to do with it, you twit. Here whole demeanor during the entire thing was "everyone is going to do what I want, and that's that." Hope she goes home next week.

I think if Evie and Xander were on a stronger tribe, they'd be in much better positions. As it is now, they may just get picked off. Xander continues to be a smart player, I was shocked he didn't look for an advantage, being on an isolated bench like that.