Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #2021
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
exactly why I came into this thread...I hit mute as soon as that bloody awful commercial starts.
Came in here to complain about another commercial. Saw this and forgot all about the other one.

I HATE that commercial.

posted from my iphone
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:21 PM   #2022
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Penelope Cruz.
Thank you! I've been trying to remember her name since those commercials came out.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #2023
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

That new Kellogg's cereal commercial
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #2024
gartman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I was going to say all commercials, but that apple one *puke*

gigaaantic gigaantic

Makes me want to kick my tv
gartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:38 PM   #2025
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Maybe get your head out of the sand!" Tundra asshat commercial
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:18 PM   #2026
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
"Maybe get your head out of the sand!" Tundra asshat commercial
I don't get that commercial. At first it sounds like he's saying that all trucks can pretty much do the same thing, then he's yelling at you for picking something else?

The fact there's a rolling set of commercials from all the truck brands during every hockey game, is getting really tiring. And all of them seem to be the same commercial...something something you're a working man hero....something something tougher than tough...
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:59 AM   #2027
jofillips
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

yea even the voice-over guy (cowboy from the big lebowski) gets no love from me anymore cos of the phony truck ads.
Another thing i've noticed is the big car companies seem to hate or are just plain annoyed at their customers, basically insinuating they are all dumb and need to have their money taken from them.
Volkswagen being top but quite a few do it...
jofillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #2028
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the "starter car" commercials. "You're young and free and you have a super multicultural group of friends, and your life is so full, and you do everything and eat crazy crazy foods! ... like SUSHI! ... and you and your friends do it all in this car" set to the soundtrack of a band that straddles the line between hipster and popular.

They're all the same, across brands. Even Lexus has one.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #2029
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate the Flaman man commercials. Especially the one with the treadmill desk. I am sure you're boss is really going to appreciate you working out in the office while typing up a memo at the same time. All those typos and delays are well worth it to him/her if you can lose a few pounds in the process.

Then there is also one with one of those machines that people stand on a small incline, and then it just shakes so the guy doesn't actually do anything to "workout". I don't think those machines even work, and they shouldn't even be allowed to sell junk like that.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #2030
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
I hate the Flaman man commercials. Especially the one with the treadmill desk. I am sure you're boss is really going to appreciate you working out in the office while typing up a memo at the same time. All those typos and delays are well worth it to him/her if you can lose a few pounds in the process.

Then there is also one with one of those machines that people stand on a small incline, and then it just shakes so the guy doesn't actually do anything to "workout". I don't think those machines even work, and they shouldn't even be allowed to sell junk like that.

In defense of those treadmill machines, the ones we sell don't go that fast and don't have any incline so it is actually very easy to type. Three people use them in our office. The one guy burns about 700 calories a day on it.

But to your point, the Flaman commercials are really bad. Especially that fat fcuk that is eating cheesies on the couch and wearing have of it.
rotten42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:49 AM   #2031
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tim Hortons' idiotic radio ads for their new sandwiches with the annoying falsetto voice singing out the name of it. I can't even remember the name of the sandwich - just that the ad is annoying and it's Tim Hortons.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #2032
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Tim Hortons' idiotic radio ads for their new sandwiches with the annoying falsetto voice singing out the name of it. I can't even remember the name of the sandwich - just that the ad is annoying and it's Tim Hortons.
Extreeeeeeeme!!!! Itallllllion sandwich.

I refuse to try it.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #2033
jofillips
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten42 View Post
But to your point, the Flaman commercials are really bad. Especially that fat fcuk that is eating cheesies on the couch and wearing have of it.
but that fat cheesie man IS Mr Flaman tho!!
jofillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:10 PM   #2034
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those Honda commercials (with the neighbours) are obnoxious. Get over yourselves, it's a ####ing Honda.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:29 PM   #2035
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

That new Pepsi Next commercial with the OTT parents and their reaction to frigging pop and the precocious fake baby in the background.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #2036
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

They are not on very much anymore but I hate the Len T. Wong realtor commercials. Horrible acting in those and the blonde chick seems to get around. In one commercial she is with the "model man" and in another she is with the brown dude in the car. I think she is trouble.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #2037
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
I don't get that commercial. At first it sounds like he's saying that all trucks can pretty much do the same thing, then he's yelling at you for picking something else?

The fact there's a rolling set of commercials from all the truck brands during every hockey game, is getting really tiring. And all of them seem to be the same commercial...something something you're a working man hero....something something tougher than tough...
As the resident truck guy, even I find those commercials pathetic. All of them. The whole bit about how you're the local hero for going to work, and needing a truck to do so, on to the toughness of the truck, with the giant boulders being dumped into the back, or building a ball park because you got a baseball through the window (and then the idiot proceeds to orient the diamond so that more balls will go through his window)... Then there's the inevitable tough guy background music that sounds like a sledgehammer hitting a rail spike or something, or some super macho cowboy voice going on about the horsepower and the TORQUE. And if it's not that, it's chunk of cast iron with some BS emblazoned on it, landing on rock, and breaking the rock. Because this truck is soooo tough, and so are you, just because you're driving it!!
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #2038
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

It seems like every truck ad for the last 20 years has just been trying to recreate the "Like a Rock" ads. None of them ever seem to be as good though.

Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #2039
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
As the resident truck guy, even I find those commercials pathetic. All of them. The whole bit about how you're the local hero for going to work, and needing a truck to do so, on to the toughness of the truck, with the giant boulders being dumped into the back, or building a ball park because you got a baseball through the window (and then the idiot proceeds to orient the diamond so that more balls will go through his window)... Then there's the inevitable tough guy background music that sounds like a sledgehammer hitting a rail spike or something, or some super macho cowboy voice going on about the horsepower and the TORQUE. And if it's not that, it's chunk of cast iron with some BS emblazoned on it, landing on rock, and breaking the rock. Because this truck is soooo tough, and so are you, just because you're driving it!!
Oh and don't forget that each and every one of them is truck of the year from some publication that hands the award out to whoever gave them the most advertising money that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
It seems like every truck ad for the last 20 years has just been trying to recreate the "Like a Rock" ads. None of them ever seem to be as good though.
When I got my GMT-400 first thing I did was add that song to my ipod

Last edited by btimbit; 06-01-2014 at 08:11 PM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #2040
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Burninator For This Useful Post:
4X4

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks