Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-01-2015, 10:00 AM   #241
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Wow, that was actually a bit sad. I mean the episode was great, but the reveal that Chuck was actually the one behind Jimmy's problems in getting a job at HMM was heartbreaking. Turns out Hamlin isn't the dick we thought he was. Or at least, not as bad.

The story behind Mike's departure from the force was very sad too, but we were expecting something like that I think. I know I was.

Great writing, totally hooked on this show. Can't wait for the finale.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #242
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Heh, didn't know that about Steven. Thanks for the info guys!
Old 04-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #243
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

The descent of Jimmy begins. The one thing that kept him aiming to stay on the straight and narrow is gone.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2015, 10:54 AM   #244
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
Wow, that was actually a bit sad. I mean the episode was great, but the reveal that Chuck was actually the one behind Jimmy's problems in getting a job at HMM was heartbreaking. Turns out Hamlin isn't the dick we thought he was. Or at least, not as bad.

The story behind Mike's departure from the force was very sad too, but we were expecting something like that I think. I know I was.

Great writing, totally hooked on this show. Can't wait for the finale.
That episode actually really increased my respect level for Hamlin. Instead of a guy being a dick out of spite, he was voluntarily being the bad guy to everyone so the coward brother could save face. Shows a lot of loyalty to Chuck

And speaking of Chuck and ranting about Jimmy getting his law degree from some American Samoa school, isn't the bar exam the same regardless of where you go to law school? Just goes to show how petty and insecure Chuck really is
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #245
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I totally agree. Completely exonerates Hamlin for me and then some - because Jimmy was being a huge wang to him for reasons he thought were legitimate, and Hamlin was putting up with it. Having someone act that way to you and resisting the temptation to destroy him emotionally with the information you're keeping a secret while simultaneously getting him off your back... that takes some loyalty. Chuck's an even BIGGER a-hole for putting Hamlin in that position just because he didn't want to deal with it himself.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2015, 11:34 AM   #246
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Missed the last episode. Does anybody know when Shaw VOD updates the new episodes?
It actually takes them awhile to destroy the HD quality, compress the fata out of it, and fill all the commercial time with Rookie Blue on Global commercials.

It airs again on AMC HD on the 3rd at 2:45am.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:18 PM   #247
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
It was really cool seeing Steven Ogg, aka Trevor Phillips, as one of the hired thugs. Good old Calgary boy.

I'm not going to lie. I had no idea that was Trevor however when I watched it I said to my wife; "He's just like Trevor from GTAV". All makes sense now. That would have been cool if they could have used him for a few episodes as he's a great character.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #248
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
That episode actually really increased my respect level for Hamlin. Instead of a guy being a dick out of spite, he was voluntarily being the bad guy to everyone so the coward brother could save face. Shows a lot of loyalty to Chuck

And speaking of Chuck and ranting about Jimmy getting his law degree from some American Samoa school, isn't the bar exam the same regardless of where you go to law school? Just goes to show how petty and insecure Chuck really is
Yup, voluntarily being the bad guy is a good way of putting it. Just what I was thinking. Left the possibility of him still being a bit of a creep there only because I thought I may have forgot something from one of the earlier episodes, but was pretty sure I didn't.

Not sure if the bar is the same from state to state. Still, you know it's not going to be that much different. Some people are just dooshes when it comes to where people get their education from. My school is better than your school! I guess in some cases it can make a lot of difference, but ultimately, I think most of it is a bunch of dick waving.

Which is exactly the kinda person Chuck seems to be turning out to be. A total self important a-hole. And considering how much Jimmy helped him out too...

If I was Jimmy I woulda ended their conversation with, 'oh and by the way, your condition is completely imaginary, you crazy #######!' Then I would brought my cell phone in and kept hitting redial while aiming it at Chuck's face.

P.S. does is feel weird to anyone else to call Saul, Jimmy?
Old 04-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #249
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If I was Jimmy I woulda ended their conversation with, 'oh and by the way, your condition is completely imaginary, you crazy #######!'
Part of me was hoping he was going to turn the lights on on the way out.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #250
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Part of me was hoping he was going to turn the lights on on the way out.
That woulda been good, but I believe they already showed the required wiring/breakers/whatever already ripped out. No power going into the house, and definitely not to the switches.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #251
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not sure if the bar is the same from state to state. Still, you know it's not going to be that much different. Some people are just dooshes when it comes to where people get their education from. My school is better than your school! I guess in some cases it can make a lot of difference, but ultimately, I think most of it is a bunch of dick waving.
Back up, this is totally not the case in the US. There are basically diploma mills for law degrees all over the place and a massive oversaturation of lawyers. Where you went to school matters a great deal down there.

Not so much in Canada where all law schools are pretty close; at worst there are a couple that are considered a half rung down but nothing that would prevent you from getting a job at a top tier law firm.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:01 PM   #252
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
but I believe they already showed the required wiring/breakers/whatever already ripped out.
They did. Wiring was disconnected from the breakers, and it would have negated the fact that they were trying to show that although Jimmy is upset he still cares for his brother.

The thought of it just amused me.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:29 AM   #253
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Great scene:

GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2015, 11:58 PM   #254
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Damnit, first season is done already.

Love this show.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:59 PM   #255
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Also:
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:00 AM   #256
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huge pic

Spoiler!
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:58 AM   #257
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

"B as in battleship, B as in bourbon...B as in Belize, a beautiful place, or so I've heard. I would love to go there, but, ah, let's face it, it's never gonna happen."

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #258
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Great final episode, great season. 4.5/5 stars.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:56 PM   #259
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

This series has been so much better than I had any thought it would be, Bob Odenkirk deserves to be up for a lead Emmy the next go around. Can't wait to see how season 2 goes now that Jimmy no longer has a moral compass to try and follow
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:56 AM   #260
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by RougeUnderoos; 04-08-2015 at 01:13 AM.
RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman