Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2016, 12:07 PM   #881
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Anyone having issues where you select a revive out of your bag and but none of your Pokemon display to use it on?
One thing I noticed is when your defenders get knocked out defending gyms they always come with only 1HP left. Only time a revive is useful is when you are attacking and your attacker gets killed.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:07 PM   #882
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Anyone having issues where you select a revive out of your bag and but none of your Pokemon display to use it on?

Are you trying to revive Pokemon that held a gym? They go down to 1HP of they get beaten while holding a gym.

Otherwise, I haven't encountered such an issue.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #883
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
One thing I noticed is when your defenders get knocked out defending gyms they always come with only 1HP left. Only time a revive is useful is when you are attacking and your attacker gets killed.
Yeah but this is what's happening to me. My Pokemon get knocked out while attacking and then I have to use potions on them instead of revives because they don't display when I select revive.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:13 PM   #884
Codes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Attacking a gym, or training at a gym?

I've found when attacking a gym held be an opposing team, a Pokemon is knocked out in the battle and requires a revive before administering potions. If you are training at a gym held by your team, a Pokemon is not knocked out, and only requires potions to regain health.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #885
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think you should get different amounts of xp depending on how difficult it was to catch the pokemon. The 10 cp pidgey should not give the same xp as the 1000 cp pokemon that took 20 great balls and razzberries to catch.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:31 PM   #886
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I think you should get different amounts of xp depending on how difficult it was to catch the pokemon. The 10 cp pidgey should not give the same xp as the 1000 cp pokemon that took 20 great balls and razzberries to catch.
It's fine the way it is. Otherwise, I'd flick 40 extra balls to the side and then capture a 10CP Pidgey for crazy XP. This is especially exploitable by individuals by pokestops that often max out their backpack.

I could maybe see an argument for rarity of pokemon affecting XP, but no based on performance while capturing a pokemon.

On a side note, a pokemon fleeing giving you XP might be an ok consolation prize. It's not like you can do that on purpose. Missed pokemons don't cause a pokemon to flee I believe. Just failed capture attempts.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:08 PM   #887
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Ugh the level grind from 20 -->21 is crazy. Jumps from 25K xp to 50k.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #888
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Ugh the level grind from 20 -->21 is crazy. Jumps from 25K xp to 50k.
22 is 100k
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:55 PM   #889
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Quote:
The only time you will need to use a revive is if you are the attacker and your pokemon die.

If you die from a pokemon being taken out of a gym you dont need to revive.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2016, 02:12 PM   #890
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

My kid's wanting to play, and while I'm not interested in getting him a phone number I suppose a data-only plan and a device with GPS would probably be the only way eh? At least aside from going somewhere with wifi like the mall.

Fido has $10 a month for 150MB, that should be good for an average of an hour a day from what I can tell for data usage.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #891
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
My kid's wanting to play, and while I'm not interested in getting him a phone number I suppose a data-only plan and a device with GPS would probably be the only way eh? At least aside from going somewhere with wifi like the mall.

Fido has $10 a month for 150MB, that should be good for an average of an hour a day from what I can tell for data usage.
Depending on how old, and how independently you want him to play you can just tether to your phone if you are going out pokehunting together.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #892
photon

Exp:

Yeah that's true, and I do want to go out together sometimes, but he's old enough to wander around on his own too so I wouldn't mind giving him that option.. actually I'd LOVE to to get him out of the house more often!
Old 08-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #893
photon

Exp:

They're threatening to sue the guy that made the API that facilitates bots.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/4/123...ks-api-lawsuit

Quote:

Share on Facebook (5) Tweet Share (7) Pin
In the latest twist in the ongoing feud between the Pokémon Go community and the app's creators, The Pokémon Company has sent out at least one cease and desist letter to an independent developer threatening persecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. The letter, sent to GitHub user Mila432 and reposted online, contains a detailed breakdown of how the developer violated Pokémon Go's terms of service with a reverse-engineered application programming interface (API). It also says the developer may be subject to legal action if he or she does not comply with the company's demands.

"Your actions ... potentially violate the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, a statute that prohibits the unauthorized access of servers and access which exceeds authorization as well as similar state statues," the letter reads. "And your inducement of others to violate numerous terms of service provisions violates the CFAA." It's unclear if The Pokémon Company could actually bring a CFAA lawsuit against someone for breaking the terms of service in this case when there is no material harm done. But it's certainly not the most outlandish use of the law.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #894
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's a question:

When you power up a Pokemon, does it reach its current maximum CP (according to the level you are at)?

For example, let's say that I have a Pidgeot at 350 CP, and according to the CP arc he is powered to about half his max. If I use the power up, will he be a max CP of approximately 700 CP?

If so, does that work for any Pokemon at any current CP (say 10%, 25%, 40% of max)?

Thanks in advance.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #895
photon

Exp:

They also said there's a bug for capture rates:

Quote:
Trainers, a new bug affecting throw accuracy increases the odds of escape and omits the XP bonus. We are working on a fix, stay tuned...
https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp
Old 08-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #896
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah throw distance is kinda screwed up after the update. I had to turn on AR a few times just to get the ball to the pokemon on occasion.

Another thing I noticed is that the ball no longer automatically curves after you use a razzberry.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #897
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Here's a question:

When you power up a Pokemon, does it reach its current maximum CP (according to the level you are at)?

For example, let's say that I have a Pidgeot at 350 CP, and according to the CP arc he is powered to about half his max. If I use the power up, will he be a max CP of approximately 700 CP?

If so, does that work for any Pokemon at any current CP (say 10%, 25%, 40% of max)?

Thanks in advance.
If you are asking if power ups change max CP, at a given trainer level - no.
On the Pigeot you describe, one power up will bump him maybe 25 points. The closer to end of arc, the more dust and candy you spend for each power up.
If you maxed it out, once your trainer goes up a level, the pidgeot will no longer be maxed out.
So basically any specific Pokémon at any level of trainer is the same, just at different CP points along the curve.
If that made any sense...

Last edited by EldrickOnIce; 08-04-2016 at 04:08 PM.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2016, 04:23 PM   #898
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Caught an Onix that randomly appeared in my house. Wasted all of my pokeballs to catch it. Worth it.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:30 PM   #899
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Game is not very playable right now.

50 CP Pidgeys and Rattatas are running away after one throw and are very difficult to capture in Pokeballs. Not to mention they are emoting and avoiding 85% of the time.

I'd be pissed if I ran into something good.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #900
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

We caught a seemingly rare clam like creature, and when the stats screen came up, it was a very common Magicarp. These bugs are super annoying.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post: