Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-30-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default E3 2019

As pre-E3 stuff is starting to trickle out and will continue to for the next week and a bit, time for the annual thread to discuss all the going's ons! While the show has a bit of a reduced profile this year due to Sony pulling out, there will still be lots going on and lots of big reveals. I'll be updating this lead post with trailers and some info as it comes out.

Press Conferences / Presentations

EA (EA Play Event - June 8)

EA will be hosting their pre-E3 EA Play event, this year without a press conference. While we aren't expecting any major reveals, we should see lots of footage on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, as well as their usual suite of sports games.

Microsoft (Press Conference, June 9, 2PM MST)

Microsoft has a chance to make a big splash at this year's E3 with Sony's absence, and rumors are flying. We'll certainly get looks at the Gears 5 and Halo Infinite, but with Microsoft renewing their focus on first party development last year, the sky is the limit here. Could see some really cool new IP, and maybe hear about what they're planning for the next Xbox. Should be a good one!

Xbox Exclusives:

Halo Infinite

Bleeding Edge

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Bethesda (Press Conference, June 9, 6:30PM MST)

Bethesda is back in the Sunday night time slot. We're likely to get a big blowout on Doom Eternal, and they're always good for one or two surprises.

Ubisoft (Press Conference, June 10, 2PM MST)

Ubisoft always puts on an entertaining show with some cool reveals, this year should be no different. We'll definitely see Ghost Recon and probably new installments for Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs. Will Sam Fisher finally make his triumphant return?

Square Enix (Press Conference, June 10, 7PM MST)

Square Enix takes the vacant Sony spot for Monday night, and they have some heavy hitters up their sleeves this year. We're already confirmed to be seeing a lot more from Final Fantasy VII Remake and Marvel's Avengers. Square is always good for a surprise or two as well.

Nintendo (Direct Video, June 11, 10AM MST)

Nintendo has a lot to show for the rest of their 2019 line-up, which includes Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Astral Chain, and more. We won't see much of Pokemon here, as it's getting it's own separate direct the week earlier. Nintendo always lines up a surprise or two to please their fans.

Nintendo Trailers:

Sony (N/A)

Sony is not hosting a major press conference this year, but it remains likely they will present something to grab some headlines at this time. Maybe in a State of Play video? Stay tuned!

PS4 Exclusive Trailers:

Death Stranding (Nov. 8th, 2019)

Multi-Platform Trailers:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Oct. 25, 2019)

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Nov. 19, 2019)

Cyberpunk 2077

The Outer Worlds

Tales of Arise

Elden Ring

Last edited by OutOfTheCube; 06-09-2019 at 04:30 PM.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The real question is:

Will we be even getting any kind of E3 Preorder deal this go around?
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:43 PM   #3
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
The real question is:

Will we be even getting any kind of E3 Preorder deal this go around?
Best Buy is probably the best bet for this. They have a hub set up noting that 'Exclusive Offers' are available starting June 7th. Hopefully it's preorder deals, but we'll see. Wal-Mart was good last year too. I wouldn't count on Amazon.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:49 PM   #4
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have found walmart of bit of pain with preorders. They often seem to delay shipping items out by a week or two citing "shortages".

Nevermind the crazy hassle if you ever need to return stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #5
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep I found the same. It was great for stuff that I was getting as gifts for people or didn't care about playing right away, but for something I was excited to play day one they were brutal. Would end up just buying a copy on release day and then returning the Walmart one when it showed up a week later.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:58 PM   #6
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
I have found walmart of bit of pain with preorders. They often seem to delay shipping items out by a week or two citing "shortages".

Nevermind the crazy hassle if you ever need to return stuff.
In my experience, that is more of an Amazon thing. Walmart simply doesn't ship until release day itself, so you always get a game a few days late. For the games I'm hoping to get a bit of a deal on this time around - Astral Chain, Links Awakening, etc - I'm okay with this.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:19 PM   #7
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wal-mart is really crappy, but I found out that you can pull up into their online pickup parking stalls and call the number and the guy brings your game to your car. Which is way better than having to go inside and deal with the CS desk ####show.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:07 PM   #8
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm mostly curious about Ghost Recon, and ti see what new Elder Scrolls 6 tease Bethesda comes up with.

Also the new Call of Duty might be a tad interesting, since I haven't liked a single one of those games since the last modern warfare
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:46 AM   #9
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Pretty excited to see what Square Enix and crystal dynamics have to show for Marvel. Tomb Raider has been one of my favourite things of the last few years, so they have the ability to make something awesome.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:28 PM   #10
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Ubisoft always puts on an entertaining show with some cool reveals, this year should be no different. We'll definitely see Ghost Recon and probably new installments for Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs
Ubisoft confirmed earlier there will not be a new Assassin's Creed this year so I'm not expecting anything in that regard..though I guess there's always a shot they could show a logo or teaser pic for an expected 2020 installment. Loose rumours on the internets speculating it could focus on the vikings..which I'm not overly big on, just seems like a trendy pick to me (Thor: Ragnorak movie, God of War, etc)..but we shall see what it ends up being.

E3 feels hollow with me in years like this one, where there's no games I'm excited to hear more about leading into the event..E3's so fun when you're fired up for a few games. Feels like the Draft in years when your team doesn't have a 1st round pick.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:40 AM   #11
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm kind of past the days of needing to have a game on first day. I don't care who I order them from if I'm getting a handful AAA titles for $50 they can be a week late for all I care. Best Buy has been the best for shipping on time while Walmart and Amazon have been spotty but I've always got the games within a week after release which is fine with me.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #12
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Depends for me — I work 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts, so on my work days I really can’t play much games anyway so don’t really care. But for something like Death Stranding, which will be put on the first day of my 4 off, i’d Like to have it on day one.

And with Switch I’m 90% digital now anyways. The file sizes on the main systems are too big for me to really commit to that yet, but on the Switch it’s great.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:13 AM   #13
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Living in Northern Manitoba I never get anything I buy until atleast four days after it ships anyway so not playing it on day one isn't a big deal to me either.

But I found even when I did live in the Vancouver area and got games on day one there were many times I was so busy with school that I stayed at until midnight and then work which we ended up having to work alot of OT I couldn't start playing them until the weekend anyway.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #14
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm kind of past the days of needing to have a game on first day. I don't care who I order them from if I'm getting a handful AAA titles for $50 they can be a week late for all I care. Best Buy has been the best for shipping on time while Walmart and Amazon have been spotty but I've always got the games within a week after release which is fine with me.
Yeah, I also like to sometimes even wait 6 months to a year to get them and then grab a copy that's 30-50% off and comes with all of the DLC. I don't frequent too many parts of the internet where I have to worry about running into spoilers.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:02 AM   #15
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pokemon Sword and Shield direct -- tons of new footage and details. Open world areas, giant Pokemon battles, online co-op battles against boss monsters, Pokemon appear in the field (not random battles) -- it's looking pretty great!

Coming November 15th

Old 06-05-2019, 08:24 AM   #16
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like armor and weapons are confirmed.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:49 AM   #17
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

No Rocksteady at E3 this year. Or so they say. I'm not too sure what to think going into E3 with no Sony conference. Really the only two games I'm interested in seeing are the new Watch Dogs and Gears 5.

I'm hoping a new Brothers In Arms game is announced but I'm not expecting it. I just hope if it is there's no Epic exclusive crap like with Borderlands 3.

Last edited by Inferno; 06-05-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #18
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was there rumours of another Brothers in Arms? That'd be awesome. I must have beaten the first 2 15 times each
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2019, 10:23 AM   #19
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Was there rumours of another Brothers in Arms? That'd be awesome. I must have beaten the first 2 15 times each
Randy Pitchford was asked last year by a fan on Twitter if there will be a new one and he said that they've been working on something but weren't ready to reveal anything yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #20
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Walmart already putting stuff up on sale.

Last edited by chemgear; 06-05-2019 at 09:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post: